Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 04:34 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by man56 View Post
i'm no bible scholar by any means. If Jesus is God why would he have said that.
if water is water why would a rain drop say that water is greater than I?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 04:44 AM

874 posts, read 636,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
As I said to you in another reply to you, the word that they translate as Lord is Elohim...Adonai means Lord, not Elohim...
G-d made Moshe the power over Pharoah...
Here again, you are giving me the Hebrew. I don't understand Hebrew. I am dealing with English. I am not dealing with "Elohim", "Adonai" or "Moshe". I am dealing with the English translation - good, bad, or indifferent. I do understand what you are saying. I understand that Moshe (Moses) was given the "power" over Pharaoh. That is in no way contradictory to 7:1 The words are different, but the meaning is the same.

Quote:
Adam was not a Jew...In fact, the Israelites did not appear until Israel forefather of the Israelites...However, it all started with Avraham...
Yes, I understand what you are saying here and I don't disagree - exactly. I think you are splitting a hair that doesn't need to be split. This area was filled with people that would be called Hebrews/Jews. If Jacob was a Hebrew and Abraham was Hebrew the direct lineage back to Adam would make him a Hebrew, too. Again, the names and designations changed. That is a Jewish thing I don't really understand. The KJV Bible does not explain this. The terms just showed up.

Of course, there were no Israelites until Jacob became Israel. Another name change. At least it is explained. I never said that Adam was an Israelite; he wasn't.
These people looked like Hebrews/Jews, they were colored like Hebrews/Jews, they had the physical points of Hebrews/Jews. No matter what Adam or any other people in the immediate area were called, they were Hebrews/Jews. According to the KJV, retrospectively.

Quote:
Is your name Ella?...If you moved to Germany, what would it be?...France, What would it be?...You know where I am going with this...The name you were given is your name no matter where you live in this world or move to...It does not change...When I lived in Germany, my name was Richard, in Italy it was Richard, in Spain it was Richard, in France it was Richard...And if I move to China it would still be Richard...Same with G-d, His Name is what it is and it is not Jehovah, Yehova, Yehowah, Yahweh, or Yahveh...it is ,יהוה , (Yehwa or Yehua)...
Your name was Richard because it was not translated into the native language of the country. In Puerto Rico, my name translates to Elena (and into Tia Gringa for the children and Titi for short). It is just like Moshe; translated into English, it becomes Moses.

You may translate God's name as you choose. In English it is translated into Jehovah.

Quote:
Then find out what that something was that caused them to stop pronouncing it...However, G-d never said not to pronounce His Name, all He said was not to use it in a vain manner...
At this point, that is of no consequence to me. It is only of consequence to the reasons we, in English, call Jehovah "Lord" and "God", which happened thousands of years ago. It matters that "lord" is not "Lord" or "God" and has a totally different meaning; that makes a big difference in understanding the KJV Bible. The point is to read what is actually there and apply the proper meaning.

Quote:
I agree...
Thanks. 1 out of 6 is not bad!

Last edited by Ella Parr; 09-07-2015 at 04:54 AM..

Old 09-07-2015, 06:28 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,664,439 times
Jesus is not God because God is able to do anything but Jesus said
By myself I can do nothing.. John 5:30

Old 09-07-2015, 08:21 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
The BIBLE says that every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that JESUS is LORD.......

That is WORSHIP and only GOD Can Receive WORSHIP...not MAN or the HEAVENLY HOST.....
Jesus also had knees. So Jesus shall also bow to God - which means Jesus is not God.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
I guess that You and I are one, then...
Well, I guess so!

Old 09-07-2015, 01:30 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
Quote:
So, if you don't agree with the Watch Tower, they deem you not a true follower...

Actually its not the watchtower one needs to agree with. It is Jesus' anointed teachers who write the watchtower one needs to agree with( Luke 10:16) being in agreement with Jesus' anointed teachers is like agreeing with Jesus and God at that passage in Luke. And a domestic never knows a revealed truth before the Faithful and discreet slave. That is the source of truth, they give food( spiritual) at the proper time.( when God wills)

Old 09-07-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Parr View Post
Yes, I am sure they do. I only use the KJV because I started with it 50 years ago. I have read many passages from other translations, but I always go back to KJV. One Bible to try and make heads or tails out of is enough. I don't read any of the modern translations or anything that has put the Bible in modern speak because I feel there would be a lot of doctrine in there. Man had his grubby little hands all over the KJV and that is enough. I don't need another translation to try and unravel. I've spent 50 years with the KJV and my interpretations have, so far, gotten me to where I want to be. I hope that others find their way to where they want to be.

There are errors in the kjv--- Catholicism is responsible for all trinity based translations. At least the translators of the divine name translation of the kjv had enough love to put Gods personal name back where God willed it to be to start with. nearly 6800 places in the ot--wicked men removed it and replaced it with-GOD or LORD-- all capitols. Then the ones who refuse to put it back claim Gods personal name doesn't belong in the nt where the ot is quoted and the name is there--- such a lack of love for the will of God--Even Jesus thought greatly of his Gods name--John 17:6,26--Hallowed be thy( Father) name=YHVH(Jehovah).
Psalm 83:18 is a good example where it belongs-- That people may know, that you whose name is Jehovah. You alone are the most high over all the earth. Making this the bottom line reality of all truth=John 4:22-24

Old 09-07-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
There are errors in the kjv--- Catholicism is responsible for all trinity based translations. At least the translators of the divine name translation of the kjv had enough love to put Gods personal name back where God willed it to be to start with. nearly 6800 places in the ot--wicked men removed it and replaced it with-GOD or LORD-- all capitols. Then the ones who refuse to put it back claim Gods personal name doesn't belong in the nt where the ot is quoted and the name is there--- such a lack of love for the will of God--Even Jesus thought greatly of his Gods name--John 17:6,26--Hallowed be thy( Father) name=YHVH(Jehovah).
Psalm 83:18 is a good example where it belongs-- That people may know, that you whose name is Jehovah. You alone are the most high over all the earth. Making this the bottom line reality of all truth=John 4:22-24
Thank you for this information. I have known all this for the last 50 years. That's why I said one translation was all I could deal with to unravel and try to make heads or tails out of. I was really lucky to learn about all this at a very young age. This is one reason I don't go to church and I have no warm and fuzzy feelings for the Catholic organization.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Parr View Post
Thank you for this information. I have known all this for the last 50 years. That's why I said one translation was all I could deal with to unravel and try to make heads or tails out of. I was really lucky to learn about all this at a very young age. This is one reason I don't go to church and I have no warm and fuzzy feelings for the Catholic organization.
I started with the kjv over 50 years ago as well, nice to see another who has love for God for that long a period. I will pray you will endure till the end Ella Parr.( Matt 10:22)

Old 09-07-2015, 04:23 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
He is not God he can't be he is not a democrat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality