Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 05:03 PM

197 posts, read 86,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Gay people seem to think that being gay constantly requires them to tell everyone around them about their sexuality. Yet, I'm quite confident every single person on this thread (me included) would have an issue with a person being fired for being gay.
I never go around and tell people about my sexuality. In a conversation, if someone is genuinely curious about my love life, I would say that I don't have a boyfriend at the moment. If that person feels uncomfortable after what I say, it is his problem. He is the one asking the question.

In the same token, I don't have a problem with people who are eager to tell me about their beliefs. If I feel uncomfortable, that is my problem. I am the one who want to get to know the other person. Thus I am willing to take the risk that some people are my potential enemies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 05:10 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,668,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Gay people seem to think that being gay constantly requires them to tell everyone around them about their sexuality. Yet, I'm quite confident every single person on this thread (me included) would have an issue with a person being fired for being gay.
I don't think I have ever in my life had anybody tell me about their sexual orientation.

Old 10-01-2015, 05:15 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
At least you admit that you are condescending. Sad that few atheist can have a discussion without having to resort to such cheap tactics. I told you why your question was irrelevant.

I have no trouble admitting being condescending to a poster whose responses are uniformly lame, weak , and downright dishonest. You haven't made a single honest point in this entire thread, AND you have shown you don't possess the courage to answer simple yes or no questions about what your own linked story says.

Quote:
You mean like you ignore all my arguments? "Harrassment" is a subjective term open to interpretation. The only thing you showed me is your own bias against Christians means you will always be against the Christian regardless of the circumstance.
You haven't made any logical arguments. That's your problem. You don't know the law. You don't know what the Constitution say. And you don't understand what the concept of religious freedom means.

You haven't made a single logical point this entire thread.

Old 10-01-2015, 05:34 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I don't think I have ever in my life had anybody tell me about their sexual orientation.
Viz imagines what gays may say. He thinks about them a lot.

Old 10-01-2015, 05:42 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
I have no trouble admitting being condescending to a poster whose responses are uniformly lame, weak , and downright dishonest. You haven't made a single honest point in this entire thread, AND you have shown you don't possess the courage to answer simple yes or no questions about what your own linked story says.

Well that doesn't say much about you. Mockering and condensing remarks are a telltale sign of a weak argument. It's cheap, lame and pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post

You haven't made any logical arguments. That's your problem. You don't know the law. You don't know what the Constitution say. And you don't understand what the concept of religious freedom means.

You haven't made a single logical point this entire thread.
No I haven't made any arguments that YOU would accept which would happen to be never. I've debated with countless people like you and you will NEVER admit that a Christian is right. NEVER not once.

Show me concrete proof with backing evidence that shows that religious discussion equals harrassment in the workplace.

Old 10-01-2015, 05:59 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Well that doesn't say much about you. Mockering and condensing remarks are a telltale sign of a weak argument. It's cheap, lame and pathetic.

No I haven't made any arguments that YOU would accept which would happen to be never. I've debated with countless people like you and you will NEVER admit that a Christian is right. NEVER not once.

Show me concrete proof with backing evidence that shows that religious discussion equals harrassment in the workplace.
It's easy to imagine the shrieks and foot-stomping....

Old 10-01-2015, 06:16 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Quote:

No, whats pathetic is fearing answering obvious simple questions about what your own link says.

Quote:

Actually I have occasionally supported Christians in arguments against rabid militant atheists making stupid arguments.

The only thing you need to know about this guys firing is that he was told to stop and he admitted to them he had no intention of doing so. So very likely he was fired for insubordination , not necessarily the complained about harassment. As an employer myself, having an employee tell me he was not going to follow my instructions is a sure fire way to get unemployed immediately.

Old 10-01-2015, 06:23 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
A couple of women I dated had lesbian daughters, and told me about it quite early. In one case, the daughter was stereotypical of what many consider lesbians to look like, in the other case, a total knock out and no one could have stereotyped her at all.

One of the women also had a friend who was lesbian, but as she didn't want to 'out' her, waited until that friend told me. That girl was a wonderful person, and even though I don't go out with that woman any more, I am still friends with her lesbian friend.

Strangely enough, I don't knowingly have any acquaintances who are gay and male.

Old 10-01-2015, 06:49 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:

You have yet to show any concrete proof that you even bother with what we write as you misrepresent our posts frequently plus you constantly falsely accusing us of being bias which you get only by misrepresention of what we have posted.

You started the thread and still have not shown a single bit of evidence that he was fired for being a Christian.

Old 10-01-2015, 06:56 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times
Quote:

You know what would make all us "Christian haters" admit a Christian is right? They would have to be right. See, unlike you Jeff, there are a lot of people who can look at things logically and come to a conclusion. Some of us don't simply defend every Christian in every story, or every atheist in every story. Unlike you, some of us are able to change opinions based on new facts. Some of us are able to defend the person who is right/victimized/persecuted, regardless of what religion, or lack of, they are. Give me a story where a Christian is actually being persecuted, and I will join right in on your side. Unfortunately, you never present those stories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality