Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2015, 09:47 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
An employer can't fire someone based on their religion and that is essentially what happened here. He was fired because people didn't like his Christian beliefs and complained.

https://ffrf.org/outreach/item/14007...-the-workplace
It wasn't his beliefs that he was fired for. Otherwise, every other Christian in the place of business would have been fired. They weren't, right? So therefore it wasn't his beliefs, but his behavior that was the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 10:11 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
An employer can't fire someone based on their religion and that is essentially what happened here. He was fired because people didn't like his Christian beliefs and complained.

https://ffrf.org/outreach/item/14007...-the-workplace
That's all well and good, but obviously he didn't have a case, did he?

Being an azzhat doesn't count in "discrimination" cases.

Old 10-20-2015, 10:17 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
At a certain point in some discussions one must realize you can't talk sense to the senseless.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:12 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Ok, but first I'll ask if he can violate my civil rights.
While you're at it...tell him you're unhappy with your fellow employees cussing. Tell him you're a Christian and you think you shouldn't be subjected to hearing G-D-. Report back.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:34 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It wasn't his beliefs that he was fired for. Otherwise, every other Christian in the place of business would have been fired. They weren't, right? So therefore it wasn't his beliefs, but his behavior that was the problem.
He was fired because someone complained. Someone complained because they found his Christian beliefs offensive. Follow the path and his faith most definitely was a factor here.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:46 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
He was fired because someone complained. Someone complained because they found his Christian beliefs offensive. Follow the path and his faith most definitely was a factor here.
Someone found this man's Christianity offensive, but wasn't offended by the Christian beliefs of the other employees??? Why weren't other people fired? Maybe because they respected their fellow employees, while this guy didn't?

Old 10-20-2015, 11:47 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
He got fired for being an annoying azzhat who would not listen to, "cool your jets".

Old 10-20-2015, 02:29 PM

197 posts, read 86,694 times
Quote:
He did indeed. Update from Chris:

"I landed a Job today!!! I have one week of training and then I will be gainfully employed. Still keeping the GoFundme until the 40 days are up and I get a check in the bank. Thank you all who made it possable to make our bills why we were cut off from our income. We are grateful for your prayers and support. Oh yeah and this job they do bible study on lunch break, most of the employees. Thanks be to God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ!"

Sounds like God has provided him with an even better job with good Christian people. God takes care of those who put their faith in Him!
Good for him. Segregation is sometimes a good thing. We need to stick with people who think similarly (not necessarily the same) as we do so that we can thrive and obtain happiness.

Old 10-20-2015, 04:58 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,175 times
Geez Im gone for over a week and come back to find Jeff is still repeating the same old rebutted BS , and making the same nonsensical replies as if no one has responded with relevant facts to his posts.

If ever a thread exposed a poster paying no attention to what is said in response to his posts, and making no effort to process and understand the information given to him for consideration, this one has done that for Jeff. In all my years of participating in these type forums I have only met about 2 people (not so oddly, both fundamentalist Christians as well ) as capable of ignoring all facts presented that show his claims to be baseless and wrong.

Old 10-20-2015, 04:59 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Geez Im gone for over a week and come back to find Jeff is still repeating the same old rebutted BS , and making the same nonsensical replies as if no one has responded with relevant facts to his posts.

If ever a thread exposed a poster paying no attention to what is said in response to his posts, and makes no effort to process and understand the information given to him for consideration, this one has done that for Jeff. In all my years of participating in these type forums I have only met about 2 people (not so oddly, both fundamentalist Christians as well ) as capable of ignoring all facts presented that show his claims to be baseless and wrong.
This is what occurs when someone is more interested in SAYING something than in LEARNING something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality