Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 02:00 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,342,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
What facts? A week later, and posters like you continue to ignore my valid points.
Which valid points? You yourself have said we have no facts about this event. That none of us know what went on there. ALL we know is a man was fired. That's it. It is YOUR claim that this was wrongful dismissal and you have not substantiated that claim once on the entire LONG thread.

I will repeat the questions you keep ignoring. Maybe some day you will answer them:

1) Given all we know is the guy was fired, on what basis do you slander the employer with the accusation of wrongful dismissal?

2) In a vastly christian majority country, and in the light of your claims that Christians are being persecuted, who is actually DOING all the persecution? Are you the most persecuted majority in history?

Gonna ignore the questions you cant answer again? I think we all know you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2015, 07:57 AM

10,069 posts, read 5,683,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
And every time I pull out that pharisee card---it has your name in bold capital letters on it as owner and on these threads sole provider of all things pharisaical. Pharisees are marked by their inability to learn. Their inability to understand scripture or even study it in an educated and scholarly manner. I'm willing to bet I could start a thread on "name posters who are Pharisees" and no two ways about it--you would win hands down.
No, Pharisees are marked by the following:

1. Lack of compassion - you demonstrate this well here showing complete lack of concern about this man losing his source of income. No, he deserved severe punishment because he won't support homosexuality.

2. Being judgemental - you constantly rain judgement down on fellow Christians who are not looking to fight, but just stand up for our beliefs.

3. Egotistical or believing you are better more holy than others - That's you for sure. You cheer on enemies of God, rip apart the precious word of God, and put down Christians. If I was to go completely based on appearances, I would say you are an atheist. At best, you believe you are better than other Christians by ironically calling us Pharisees.

Quote:

On the other hand, I don't play nice either. If I see a plank in your eye, I'm going to twist it around until you get the idea that maybe you should take it out. So far you haven't even made the attempt. If it were but a splinter, no problem, it could be ignored--but yours is a damn redwood tree.

Actually I've eaten crow here a few times and admitted that I was wrong. People like you, never. You would chew your tongue off before confessing that gasp, you're wrong.

Quote:

So here I am twisting it once again:

Proof was provided -- absolute, incontroversial proof---was provided in post #774. Real christians who publicly oppose the sick fundamentalist cult view--are every bit as likely as to be fired as so called christians---in both cases the two people ran their mouths when they shouldn't have. In the case you love to cling to--your guy was given a warning he ignored.
And I dismantled down your "proof". Yeah the man ran his mouth but he made a very public show of it, and it caused harm to his place of business. That's a far cry from a man simply sharing his faith and recommending a movie. Frankly, I find it alarming that someone claims to be a Christian and yet be firmly against a person sharing the gospel which is what we are called to do. You know, Chris may have lost his job and you cheer that on, but it's quite possible that this temporary consequence was worth it because seeds were planted in people that brought them to Christ. And maybe one day in the afterlife, these people will thank Chris for having the faith to share the gospel even when people like you want us to just shut up.

Quote:

My guy was fired and he didn't even open his mouth in the workplace--it was at the worksite of a homophobic Chick-fil-a. But my guy got fired for simply suggesting the female employee could do better than work at a homophobic company. It wound up on facebook--and he lost his job.

How is that "different" than your guy? He was stating the religious beliefs of many of us (and the personal beliefs of many others) who have escaped the fundamentalist quagmire.

It is a private conservation vs a public video. You really think that's equivalent? The only way it would be equal is if Chris made a youtube video calling out these women as lesbians and telling them in the video that they are sinners. That's public shaming and I would probably even support him getting fired over something like that.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:14 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,581,730 times
Why is he still accepting donations after getting a new job? Who does that?

Old 10-21-2015, 08:51 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,284,395 times
Quote:

1. Lack of compassion - you demonstrate this well here showing complete lack of concern about this man losing his source of income. No, he deserved severe punishment because he won't support homosexuality.

2. Being judgemental - you constantly rain judgement down on fellow Christians who are not looking to fight, but just stand up for our beliefs.

3. Egotistical or believing you are better more holy than others - That's you for sure. You cheer on enemies of God, rip apart the precious word of God, and put down Christians. If I was to go completely based on appearances, I would say you are an atheist. At best, you believe you are better than other Christians by ironically calling us Pharisees.

Actually I've eaten crow here a few times and admitted that I was wrong. People like you, never. You would chew your tongue off before confessing that gasp, you're wrong.

And I dismantled down your "proof". Yeah the man ran his mouth but he made a very public show of it, and it caused harm to his place of business. That's a far cry from a man simply sharing his faith and recommending a movie. Frankly, I find it alarming that someone claims to be a Christian and yet be firmly against a person sharing the gospel which is what we are called to do. You know, Chris may have lost his job and you cheer that on, but it's quite possible that this temporary consequence was worth it because seeds were planted in people that brought them to Christ. And maybe one day in the afterlife, these people will thank Chris for having the faith to share the gospel even when people like you want us to just shut up.

It is a private conservation vs a public video. You really think that's equivalent? The only way it would be equal is if Chris made a youtube video calling out these women as lesbians and telling them in the video that they are sinners. That's public shaming and I would probably even support him getting fired over something like that.

Lack of compansion? How do you get there from what we posted? Look I am sorry that he lost his job, if he had only obeyed the directions from his employer he would still had his job and he could have kept his beleifs only he was less free to impose them on coworkers. Where is your compasion on the workers who felt uncomfortable at work because of his actions? Or do they not count simply because they are lesbians? Where is your proof that he was fired for his Christian beleifs?

Seeing as you refuse to find out what harrasement in the workplace actually is and will use only definitions of religious freedoms not harrassement to defend your position why don't you show us how well it is accepted for yhou to share your faith even have people tell you to shut up. Go to a Jewish service and tell the family sitting next to you that they are going to burn in hell for not accepting Jesus Christ as their personal saviour. Be sure to tell the children that their parents are letting them be sinners by not accepting your religious beleifs. See if your being a Christian sharing your beleifs goes over well there or if they kick you out. Then go to a mosque, a buddist temple and the check out line at Wal-mart. If you truly beleive that as a Christian you have not only a right but an obligation to preach you message wherever you are you should be doing those things right now.

Your Christian persecution narriative is a joke. You accuse everyone that does not agree with you on any issue as being anti Christian. Maybe we are just anti Jeff? Maybe we are just anti jerks? I have to the best of my memory never told you what I thought of your religion but I have pointed out where you are wrong in trying to have your religion in other people's lives. That you refuse to see the difference is your problem not mind.

You have zero proof that he was fired because he is a Christian. You have zero proof that his employer or even his fellow employees were anti Christian. And yet your continue to make that accusation based simply because they treated this person the way that a person should be treated in this situation. Take an anti harrassment seminar or workshop and ask the instructor if it is OK to do what he did and to refuse to listen to the employer when they tell you to stop doing that. Or do you think that anti harrasment is totally anti Christian?

Your world is very black and white, either a person agrees with you or they are anti Christian. That is not the world that the majority of people know.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:28 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,010,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
According to his go fund me page, he says it's 40 days until he gets a check to bank. Not sure what kind of job/employer makes it's employee work for well over a month before they are paid.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:40 AM

31,374 posts, read 20,015,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
According to his go fund me page, he says it's 40 days until he gets a check to bank. Not sure what kind of job/employer makes it's employee work for well over a month before they are paid.
Me neither.

It looks he's going to suck off the donors' teats for as long as possible.

Old 10-21-2015, 11:22 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,872,467 times
Quote:
He's Christian.

They learn that at the weekly group incantation assemblies they have when they all talk out loud to an invisible, magical entity.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:53 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,652,218 times
Quote:

Why don't you provide scriptural references?
I'll provide those my charge that YOU are the Pharisee--and a Capital one at that:

Matt3:9--A Pharisee glorifies in his connections with "godly" men.
(sounds like you and your "preachers, hmm?)

Matthew5:20 - A Pharisee glories in external righteousness.
(You judge the hearts of others because they were born the way they are)

Matthew 9:11- A Pharisee does not fellowship with unconverted people.
(Stick to your church, don't mingle with "sinners"--how many unbelievers are you bringing to your side here by idolizing scripture?)

Matthew12:2 - The Pharisees are very critical of others in small matters.
(Six verses in the bible have become your entire life--while ignoring the 3000+ about helping the poor)

Matthew 12:16 - The Pharisees live by rules they don't even keep their selves.
(So you want to tell another man's boss what he is allowed to do--but you aren't telling your own boss that you will do the same as the fired "christian.")

Matthew 12:24 - Pharisee are suspicious and assume the worst of others.
(Your assumption is that all homosexuals are evil and need to be preached at--I waited until you opened your typing lips to determine you haven't met Christ--only bible idolators.)

Matthew15:12-14 - A Pharisee is one who is easily offended.
(You are offended constantly---you've stated many others, not just me, on this VERY THREAD have offended you---should I go back and find each post where you made that charge against someone?)

Matthew 15:14 - Pharisees are spiritually blind. They don’t know where they are going.
(You don't see that the path you are on is only a quarter mile down the road from Westboro Baptist church)

Matthew16:6- A Pharisee is a hypocrite.
(Let's let others determine hypocrisy---you constantly state you have proof--but no one on this thread has acknowledged any "proof" you have provided. On the other hand, you constantly dismiss any opposing proof provided to you--just as you have done with the post I've quoted---as in
Quote:
I dismantled down your "proof".
Matthew 15:8 - A Pharisee is hard hearted. Hearts are far from God.
(Failing to love your neighbor--ALL your neighbors--is hard hearted.)

Matthew 23:3 - Pharisee say things but don’t do them. And sit in the seat of Moses.
(On other threads you have made a false claim of "loving homosexuals." None have ever posted on any thread that they feel your "love." Two have pm'd me that they, too, believe you are a latent homosexual.)

Matthew 23:4 - Pharisees put heavy burdens on people.
(You state homosexuals may only live celibate lives--a horrible burden to place on any person--all of us being social and specifically interpersonal creatures)

Matthew 23:5 - Pharisees seek honor to be noticed by men.
(Your constant posts are you way of getting attention--perhaps to point out to your "preachers" how good a Kim Davis you can be.)

Matthew 23:15 - Pharisees make people feel they are born again when they are not. They make them double people of hell.
(Honoring people as "christian" because they hate homosexuals and condemn their "lifestyles" is simply sick)

Quote:
Like when you quote material that proves the opposite of what you are trying to state? Yeah, we've seen that a couple of times.

This is what you don't get--on several occasions I've stated those six bible verses might very well be interpreted as you do--but the fact that they might very well be interpreted completely different is something you won't accept. I've openly stated that where verses can be interpreted two ways--one should pick the one that "loves their neighbor" first and foremost---you do the opposite.
Quote:
In a recent bible study with seven others, there was a discussion on how to share the gospel in the workplace. The answer was "very carefully in a multicultural environment." And the conclusion was that while one may give non-verbal hints like wearing a cross or keeping a bible on one's desk--verbally one should share information ONLY if approached and questioned by another person. All the people at the study besides me, work at companies. Every single one stated that proselytizing at work is an unacceptable practice at their employment.

You've dismantled nothing--you've once again reinforced your hypocrisy (Matt. 16:6)

Quote:
It could hardly be considered "private" once it was reported to management. In addition, once he was asked to cease and desist he continued anyway--even stating he would do so (he should have been fired right then)---it was then a corporate policy that it should not happen.

I am happy to show your continued hypocrisy with your statement about "a youtube video calling out these women as lesbians" and saying that was wrong. Have you now come over to the other side with regard to the Oregon bakers who published on facebook about the lesbians asking for a cake? The lesbians didn't file suit until they began to be harassed by people who saw the bakers post.
Pure hypocrisy from you (Matt. 16:6)

I hope you send a few hundred dollars to this Chris who is obviously cashing in on Christ--or you can practice hypocrisy some more by supporting him with your lips rather than your wallet.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 10-21-2015 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: punctuation

Old 10-21-2015, 04:56 PM

18,423 posts, read 9,049,507 times
^ Proof texting: not just for fundamentalists anymore.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:20 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,031,257 times
Quote:
A corrupt money collector who can't leave all his money behind and follow Jesus.
The fruits of Jesus' and Paul's efforts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality