Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 11:57 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,626,761 times

Advertisements

If you have a spirituality that does not fit into an established religion, how would you describe it? Has it changed over the years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 10:45 PM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
If you have a spirituality that does not fit into an established religion, how would you describe it? Has it changed over the years?
I pray for and receive God's Divine Love in my soul, which I've been doing for 40 years. This Love is different from the natural love we're born with. It's the very essence and substance of God. It is God's gift to us and it surrounds us. I like to say, "It's in the atmosphere." Our souls are created in the image of God, but not the substance. In order for us to obtain salvation and immortality, our souls must be fully transformed and permeated with God's Divine Love.

In order to receive this Love, our soul needs to have an awakening. Once that is accomplished, God's Holy Spirit delivers this Love to our soul. We know we are receiving it due to various physical sensations we feel. In my case, I feel a warmth in my solar plexus area and sometimes an expansion occurs.

I follow Jesus' true teachings, which can be found on my friend's website Truth for all people - Divine Love God Soul Spirit Life Jesus Truths, and several other websites and blogs. I don't go to church, but have a personal relationship with God, who is soul. It's a soul-to-soul loving experience.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:15 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
I describe mine as Animism, with a hint of a smidge of Deism merging into a kind of a Cosmic Consciousness Muffin sort of a thing -- if you catch my drift.

And it has changed largely through expansion - with a major assist to longevity and luck.

Thanks for asking.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:19 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,623,138 times
I'm a Buddhist pantheist; I believe that the entire universe is god, and I live my life according to a belief system that is quite close to Tendai Buddhism. I believe that everything and everyone in the universe is connected on levels that are almost always too deep for us to consciously perceive, but that we occasionally catch an echo or a shadow of these connections. I believe that these "echoes" - what we often consider to be supernatural or paranormal phenomena - are actually perfectly natural occurrences that are incomprehensible to us because we simply do not yet understand the science behind them. I believe that the consciousness of each individual life form is a facet of a larger, overarching universal consciousness, and that when we die, our consciousness not only continues on, but is assimilated more completely into that universal consciousness.

Edited to add: I guess another way of putting it is that I consider the entire universe to be a conscious, living entity, sentient and evolving every day.

And yes, it has certainly changed considerably over the years from my childhood as an Episcopalian.

Last edited by Mr. In-Between; 09-18-2015 at 11:42 PM..

Old 09-18-2015, 11:23 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
I'm a Buddhist pantheist; I believe that the entire universe is god, and I live my life according to a belief system that is quite close to Tendai Buddhism. I believe that everything and everyone in the universe is connected on levels that are almost always too deep for us to consciously perceive, but that we occasionally catch an echo or a shadow of these connections. I believe that these "echoes" - what we often consider to be supernatural or paranormal phenomena - are actually perfectly natural occurrences that are incomprehensible to us because we simply do not yet understand the science behind them. I believe that the consciousness of each individual life form is a facet of a larger, overarching universal consciousness, and that when we die, our consciousness not only continues on, but is assimilated more completely into that universal consciousness.

And yes, it has certainly changed considerably over the years from my childhood as an Episcopalian.
Hello, Brother.

We differ only in language, if at all.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:24 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,623,138 times
And not even very much at that... eh?

Old 09-19-2015, 12:20 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:

Edited to add: I guess another way of putting it is that I consider the entire universe to be a conscious, living entity, sentient and evolving every day.

Interesting.

If the entire universe is God, then you are part of the universe, so are you God? I don't think so, and neither do you think so, I hope.

So the questions are,

What's the purpose of your life ?
What are you doing on this earth?
Where you came from and where are you going from here?

Old 09-19-2015, 05:07 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,008,103 times
I go to a Christians church almost every Sunday and have the baptism of God Holy Spirit and have answered prayer from Jesus and heaven and hear the voice of the living God , and can hear the voices of the dark world of the earth which Jesus protects me from by His divine unseen power , even have seen many things in the spirit .......... But I have no other activities in the church where I go on Sunday and not a member of any ministries from the church and do not consider doing anything in the church apart from attending on Sunday .

Old 09-19-2015, 05:32 AM

689 posts, read 494,405 times
Fortunately I kicked my faith into touch before I exited my teens, I don't need any form of spirituality.

Old 09-19-2015, 05:56 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,366,623 times
Quote:

I'm a Christian pantheist. I believe in a personal God, which is simultaneously an impersonal universe. Or seems that way. Truth be told, I've watched commercials that seemed to be telling me stuff. These weren't the public service ones either, they were stuff where to most people they'd say a throwaway line (slogan), but given my background, it made perfect sense. That is, I believe God is part of every grain of sand you play with as a kid. And everyone who talks to you is either God speaking to you or God testing you.

GoCardinal, it's more like being part of God's body. Suppose there's a guy named Jerry. Jerry has skin cells, but you generally don't think of the skin as Jerry. Likewise, all of us are like God, but in other ways not.

Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 09-19-2015 at 06:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality