Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 09:04 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
What amazes me is that,with all that space and matter to personally cause all events to occur in, God still thinks I'm important enough to show me His grace & mercy.
That amazes me too. Not a Christian BTW. I deny all and any imaginations you and other such faction-minded might have without sufficient and proper evidence to back them up. Grace and Mercy abundant for me, Blessed life. Nonbeliever... but education is the key.

Muslims believe the same about themselves, that they are special because they believe they are special.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 09:47 PM

20,440 posts, read 12,783,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
That amazes me too. Not a Christian BTW. I deny all and any imaginations you and other such faction-minded might have without sufficient and proper evidence to back them up. Grace and Mercy abundant for me, Blessed life. Nonbeliever... but education is the key.

Muslims believe the same about themselves, that they are special because they believe they are special.
Who/what blessed you?

Old 09-23-2015, 10:55 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
(A) Do you believe other life (simple or animal) exists in the rest of the universe. No.
(B) Do you believe other sentient (human or higher level intelligence) corporeal life exists in the rest of the universe. No.
(C) Does the Bible, Torah, or Qur'an, Śruti, Dhammapada or any other religious text (no importance implied in the order of listing and offense meant to any not listed) say anything about the size of the universe? the stars are as many as the grains of sand at the sea
(D) What do you personally think all this "real estate" is for? to show God's awesome power
(E) Do religious teaching say anything about what all this "real estate" is for? see above
How sad to have such a tiny worldview.

But not surprising.

Which is even sadder.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:04 AM

283 posts, read 369,931 times
Excuse me; I am dreadfully ignorant on most subjects, as well as being woefully uninformed– I am only a mere fiddle-scraper. But it does appear to my limited horizon that we might look at this question from another viewpoint. From what I've read, the universe and the human body have similar percentages of empty space; in other words, each one of us is almost as empty as the universe is. So, from an atomic viewpoint, our bodies would appear almost as empty as the universe does to us. The following is pure speculation, of course, but might there not be quite small creatures living on electrons in our bodies, looking out into the expanse of space, wondering what the purpose of all that space might be, all the time without a clue that they are part of an enormous (to them) living creature? And similarly, might not we occupy that same position in some enormous (to us) creature, who might, from time to time, wonder if we might exist, and who occupies the same, etc., etc., with this scale going in both directions without end? Which leads to another question: in our search for extraterrestrial life, might we mot be looking on too small a scale; might we not be mere subatomic particles in the gut of some very large ET?

Old 09-25-2015, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Who/what blessed you?
Apparently whatever/whoever bends life about (karma, gods, angel slave-soldiers, societies, persons, ghosts, demons, animals, plants, bacteria, aliens... but who actually knows all of those that have the power to manifest good upon others).

I found out that the Buddha said the same thing to those unbelievers claiming that a Fascist Heaven had instructed them to be it's beasts of burden to watch or assure that the fruits of his "pure-goodness" teaching would spoil, because they believed down to their instincts that "Might makes Right" not that "Good is Good."

But I alone sure can't completely control such a big thing as my life in this universe, nor can self-blessings really help so much (other than education and exercises).

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 09-25-2015 at 04:40 AM..

Old 09-25-2015, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwocmo View Post
Excuse me; I am dreadfully ignorant on most subjects, as well as being woefully uninformed– I am only a mere fiddle-scraper. But it does appear to my limited horizon that we might look at this question from another viewpoint. From what I've read, the universe and the human body have similar percentages of empty space; in other words, each one of us is almost as empty as the universe is. So, from an atomic viewpoint, our bodies would appear almost as empty as the universe does to us. The following is pure speculation, of course, but might there not be quite small creatures living on electrons in our bodies, looking out into the expanse of space, wondering what the purpose of all that space might be, all the time without a clue that they are part of an enormous (to them) living creature? And similarly, might not we occupy that same position in some enormous (to us) creature, who might, from time to time, wonder if we might exist, and who occupies the same, etc., etc., with this scale going in both directions without end? Which leads to another question: in our search for extraterrestrial life, might we mot be looking on too small a scale; might we not be mere subatomic particles in the gut of some very large ET?
I shudder to imagine what they think about ionizing radiation.
I highly doubt an electron in our body would be comparable in size to a planet in a universe.
Think smaller than that (each elementary particle being it's own self-contianed universe).

Old 09-25-2015, 06:28 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,217,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
I shudder to imagine what they think about ionizing radiation.
I highly doubt an electron in our body would be comparable in size to a planet in a universe.
Think smaller than that (each elementary particle being it's own self-contianed universe).
Let's go in the other direction. Our solar system is an atom in one of the compounds making up the dashboard in God's car as He drives around whatever universe He and His friends live in.

Old 09-25-2015, 06:59 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Let's go in the other direction. Our solar system is an atom in one of the compounds making up the dashboard in God's car as He drives around whatever universe He and His friends live in.
I like it!

Old 09-25-2015, 03:11 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I like it!
God in a Tesla?

Could be a Fiat. Which would prove the Catholics have the inside scoop.

Old 09-25-2015, 03:49 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
God in a Tesla?

Could be a Fiat. Which would prove the Catholics have the inside scoop.
Elon is God!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality