Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2015, 12:17 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Because your God and jeffy's God aren't God.
You are not making sense.

jeff and I are claiming that if God judges people He will get called on the carpet for it. If God does nothing and just lets crime run rampant then He will get called on the carpet for doing nothing. It has nothing to do with "Because your God and jeffy's God aren't God." He is God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 12:39 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
You are not making sense.

jeff and I are claiming that if God judges people He will get called on the carpet for it. If God does nothing and just lets crime run rampant then He will get called on the carpet for doing nothing. It has nothing to do with "Because your God and jeffy's God aren't God." He is God.
No he isn't.

He - like Zeus, Odin and other ancient war gods - was a creation of a primitive people thousands of years ago in what is now the Middle East. You and jeffy and some others believe he is real.

Most of us realize he is no more the real God than Captain Kangaroo was an officer in the Air Force.

Old 10-20-2015, 12:54 PM

7,801 posts, read 6,370,247 times
Quote:
Just because you believe we believe in fairy tales, that in and of itself does not prove we actually do. It is just your own opinion without any basis in fact.
Way to not actually reply to the point I was actually making which was about how it is not a "no win" situation at all. Rather than reply to my point, you dodge it by taking tangential exception to a single word I used while making it. Dodge dodge and more dodge is your usual MO and you show it once again here.

That said however, the onus of evidence lies at your feet to show the tales to be true, not at mine to prove the negative. If you want to establish the events in the book to be real then by all means have at it. If you do not then move on and let the grown ups talk.

Last edited by Nozzferrahhtoo; 10-20-2015 at 01:11 PM..

Old 10-20-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
No he isn't.

He - like Zeus, Odin and other ancient war gods - was a creation of a primitive people thousands of years ago in what is now the Middle East. You and jeffy and some others believe he is real.

Most of us realize he is no more the real God than Captain Kangaroo was an officer in the Air Force.
No, God created them. They didn't create Him. Of course He is real. Just because you say He isn't does not prove He isn't. It is just your own idea.

Old 10-20-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Way to not actually reply to the point I was actually making which was about how it is not a "no win" situation at all. Rather than reply to my point, you dodge it by taking tangential exception to a single word I used while making it. Dodge dodge and more dodge is your usual MO and you show it once again here.

That said however, the onus of evidence lies at your feet to show the tales to be true, not at mine to prove the negative. If you want to establish the events in the book to be real then by all means have at it. If you do not then move on and let the grown ups talk.
No, the one telling us God is not real must be the one to prove your point. Sorry, but this is real life. If you don't then move on and let the grown-ups talk.

Old 10-20-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
No, the one telling us God is not real must be the one to prove your point. Sorry, but this is real life. If you don't then move on and let the grown-ups talk.
The grown ups are talking and understand it better than you, because it is the one making the claim that has to prove the claim. I am not telling you god is not real, so I have no claim to prove. Instead I am evaluating YOUR claim that it is real and finding that you are not substantiating that claim in even the smallest way.

Again, my claim is not that there is no god. My claim is that no one has offered a shred of evidence to show there is. Least of all you.

IF you want to start offering some however some day, then come back and talk with the grown ups.

Old 10-20-2015, 01:17 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
No, God created them. They didn't create Him. Of course He is real. Just because you say He isn't does not prove He isn't. It is just your own idea.
Trout must think 90% of the population are atheists in his fantasy world. There are many very intelligent logical thinking human beings out there who have a very real relationship with Jesus Christ.

Old 10-20-2015, 01:34 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Trout must think 90% of the population are atheists in his fantasy world. .
Here's an idea. Ask him what he thinks.

Of course if you did that.... you couldn't get in a little dig and claim he lives in a fantasy world. But.... try it! It will work better for you than deciding what people think and getting it wrong.

Old 10-20-2015, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
The grown ups are talking and understand it better than you, because it is the one making the claim that has to prove the claim. I am not telling you god is not real, so I have no claim to prove. Instead I am evaluating YOUR claim that it is real and finding that you are not substantiating that claim in even the smallest way.

Again, my claim is not that there is no god. My claim is that no one has offered a shred of evidence to show there is. Least of all you.

IF you want to start offering some however some day, then come back and talk with the grown ups.
I am a grown up. Obviously everyone has their own opinion concerning God. Just because they exhibit an opinion does not prove their understanding is better than mine.

If one makes the claim God is not real, they must prove that assertion, grown-up or not.

Old 10-20-2015, 01:59 PM

As the saying goes, you are entitled to your own opinions, but not to your own facts. I am not questioning your opinion or your right to have it. I am pointing out that said opinion is unsubstantiated in even the smallest way. You can believe there is a god, you can believe the Bible is a document of actual events. Neither belief is substantiated however, nor have you in 13000+ posts managed to even try.

"If one makes the claim god is not real" then take it up with them, not me. I made no such claim. The only claim I have made is that no one, least of all you, has offered a single shred of argument, evidence, data or reasoning to suggest it is. And just like you say "If one makes the claim god is not real, they must prove that assertion" I add "Sure, but if one makes the claim god IS real, then so must they".

And you haven't. Even a little bit. Even once. If you ever feel like making the attempt, just once, I am all ears. Whether you be a grown up or not, I will evaluate your claims just the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality