Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 05:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
He is on my block list along with Nozz. No doubt, Nozz is still replying to my posts and belly aching about me ignoring him. hahah
So nanner, nanner, nanner on them. Hmmm....sounds like junior high school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 05:52 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So nanner, nanner, nanner on them. Hmmm....sounds like junior high school.
No, it's sad that people can't simply have the maturity to leave someone alone when they make it very clear that they are done engaging in conversation with them. I think there is a word for that. Oh yeah, it's called harrassment.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:02 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
No, it's sad that people can't simply have the maturity to leave someone alone when they make it very clear that they are done engaging in conversation with them. I think there is a word for that. Oh yeah, it's called harrassment.
jeffy, you are not one to talk about "maturity."

It's a word, along with "empathy" that requires more knowledge than the dictionary definition.

You have to experience them.

There's no indication via your posts you've gone beyond Merriam-Webster.

Old 10-21-2015, 12:57 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,370,247 times
Quote:
If such people were following you home, sure you could call it harassment. But this is a PUBLIC discussion forum, and when you post on here you post to EVERYONE, and EVERYONE has the right to reply. So your miscontrual of this as harassment is just another feather in the cap of you displaying that you want to be protected from rebuttals that you simply can not handle or reply to.

If you want to discuss something on a PUBLIC forum that you wish others not to reply to, then there is a perfectly serviceable Private Messaging functionality on the forum.

Now would you like to return to the topic of barbarism in the Bible? I would.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:47 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
In your head you do. All I am seeing is someone making assertions and is too scared or too incapable to back a single one of them up with anything but baiting.
Sure. You must be right. After all, you said it so it must be true.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:49 AM

That AND the fact you are making the assertions and not backing them up. But by all means if you find any arguments, evidence, data or reasoning to lend credibility to the claim there is a god, or that The Bible describes actual people and events, I am all ears. Get back to me.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:26 AM

Quote:
That AND the fact you are making the assertions and not backing them up. But by all means if you find any arguments, evidence, data or reasoning to lend credibility to the claim there is a god, or that The Bible describes actual people and events, I am all ears. Get back to me.
See, you want me to prove there is a God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gu9RMUpnko

Old 10-21-2015, 08:33 AM

I want what I want when I discuss anything on this forum with anyone. That the person making a claim shows some capability to substantiate their claim. I do not want "proof" of a god. I never asked for that. I asked very clearly for "any arguments, evidence, data or reasoning to lend credibility to the claim there is a god, or that The Bible describes actual people and events". A very different request and one I have constructed carefully over some time. So keep your words out of my mouth thanks, I clearly have enough of my own.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:36 AM

Quote:
I want what I want when I discuss anything on this forum with anyone. That the person making a claim shows some capability to substantiate their claim. I do not want "proof" of a god. I never asked for that. I asked very clearly for "any arguments, evidence, data or reasoning to lend credibility to the claim there is a god, or that The Bible describes actual people and events". A very different request and one I have constructed carefully over some time. So keep your words out of my mouth thanks, I clearly have enough of my own.
Well! I guess you told me! All you ask for is clearly in the Bible. I suggest you crack its pages to get the necessary data you desire.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:50 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,385,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Well! I guess you told me! All you ask for is clearly in the Bible. I suggest you crack its pages to get the necessary data you desire.
So where is your "arguments, evidence, data or reasoning to lend credibility to the claim that the Bible is truth"? Saying something is true is not the same thing as it BEING true Eusie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality