Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2015, 07:28 PM

1,273 posts, read 991,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Katz, MightyQueen and I (A Mormon, an Episcopalian and an unspecified) are hanging out in the next existence together.... wanna join us? We plan on going up to all the fundamentalists and saying, "We got in!"

The look on their faces should be priceless.
I'm in! Lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2015, 07:34 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Yes, much more "glowy."
And photoshopped,

Old 10-03-2015, 07:52 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Katz, MightyQueen and I (A Mormon, an Episcopalian and an unspecified) are hanging out in the next existence together.... wanna join us? We plan on going up to all the fundamentalists and saying, "We got in!"

The look on their faces should be priceless.
Your assuming that the fundies will get "in".

Imagine what happens that they were preaching the wrong thing all along!

Old 10-03-2015, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Your assuming that the fundies will get "in".

Imagine what happens that they were preaching the wrong thing all along!
We all get in, it's just a question of what level

Old 10-03-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
And photoshopped,
I swear it isn't. I don't own or know how to use any photo shopping software

Old 10-03-2015, 08:14 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,292,312 times
Superfundie xians do have an affect. It's one of apple pie wholesome Americana, cognitive dissonance and Stepford-style joyful superficiality.

Old 10-03-2015, 08:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post

Seriously, it never ceases to amaze me how many people there are out there who buy into everything they read about "the strange things those crazy Mormons believe." And these are the same people who call Mormons gullible.
I never thought of it that way..... but you're exactly right. We see it over and over on these threads when people use Straight Outta Carmton as their go-to source for all-things-Mormon. Gullible people believing whatever the heck they're told by some guy who gets things wrong.

Nice observation, Katz!

Old 10-04-2015, 10:32 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I know a lot of Mormons, Mennonites and Hutterites.

The Mormons seem to be the most genuine happy, followed by the Hutterites. Mennonites give me an impression of being constantly dour, especially the women. Strange, as Hutterites are theoretically much more devout and set in their ways. The Hutterite men have a wicked sense of humor, although the women can be a bit withdrawn (they generally are subservient to males).
I can't see comparing Mormons, Mennonites and Hutterites. Mennonites and Hutterites are Christians. Also, a lot of sinners appear to be very happy living in their sin so I don't think the "happy" validates a religion or not.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:39 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I can't see comparing Mormons, Mennonites and Hutterites. Mennonites and Hutterites are Christians. Also, a lot of sinners appear to be very happy living in their sin so I don't think the "happy" validates a religion or not.
What makes you say Mormons are not Christian? Is it the Trinitarian issue? What about Jehovah Witnesses?

Are you aware that a significant percentage, arguably the vast majority of early Christians, were non-Trinitarian? It's a long essay, but I am willing to lay it out if you are not aware of that.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:10 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Thanks for continuing to expose your prejudice against members of the LDS church. I think people with your beliefs should reveal themselves. But then you always do a bang-up job of letting people know just how extraordinary your thoughts are.

IIRC (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) you get through the day by picturing the people you don't like burning in hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality