Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2015, 01:10 PM

927 posts, read 757,826 times

Advertisements

The Polynesians are converting to Mormonism by leaps and bounds. Adam West married a Tongan.
My Tongan neighbors invited me to dinner too and when I went they served a whole suckling pig. I can't eat that. It was huge. I never eat that much in a week, or a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 01:10 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I think Mormons (especially the women--hey, I make no apologies ) are GREEAAAT!

If I wasn't such a dumb Christian tool for most of my life I'd have dumped Christianity in my teens and gone up to BYU for my higher education, converted, met a nice Mormon girl, married her and had ten kids and 200 grandkids by now. Mitt, you barely missed being outdone in the "Glow" dept. by yours truly.
I never liked the bun-head look myself when they showed all the ladies on the news after Jeffs was arrested. I mean...I'm sure they're nice ladies. But just not my taste.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:12 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post

I can't comprehend how anybody can say The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints isn't Christian when Jesus Christ is right there in the name of the Church.
Neither can I. But a lot of non-LDS are going through life thinking they know more about the Mormons than the Mormons. Weird.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:14 PM

16,662 posts, read 15,654,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I never liked the bun-head look myself when they showed all the ladies on the news after Jeffs was arrested. I mean...I'm sure they're nice ladies. But just not my taste.
Those ladies do not belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. They belong to the FLDS (Fundamental Latter Day Saints) church, an entirely different organization. Warren Jeffs has about as much to do with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints as Fred Phelps had with the American Baptist Church.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:17 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Are you suggesting Christianity and mormonism are 2 distinct things?
I'm saying that the Mormon girls are much nicer and much MUCH prettier than the Christian ones---in my experience, that is. That is part of what gives them this inner "Glow" that radiates to the outside; and why you can spot Mormon girls a mile away:

http://media.danoah.com/wp-content/u...ls-728x485.jpg

but not Christian ones:

http://c2.nrostatic.com/sites/defaul...?itok=TgBjQOuL except in lineups.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:20 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
The FLDS is not affiliated with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Which you have been told repeatedly but choose to ignore. Vizioism. The truth doesn't matter.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:22 PM

I have to say, I was in Las Vegas and I met the Mormon boys on the street and they invited me to Thai food with them. They were so funny and cracking jokes and they said 'We have to have a sense of humor. This is Las Vegas.'

Old 10-06-2015, 01:25 PM

1,273 posts, read 990,768 times
Quote:
You're joking right?
Tell me you're joking

Old 10-06-2015, 01:29 PM

Thrillobyte, I hate to tell you this, but I believe thats botox in her forehead.
We had a gorgeous girl show up looking for work and I knew right away she was a Mormon

Old 10-06-2015, 01:35 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,111,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Yes so your claim "There is not once ounce of truth to this rumor." was patently false then. There seems to be SEVERAL ounces. You can equivocate about how common and widespread it is if you wish to be pedantic. But the idea there is not an ounce of truth to it happening is patently false. I just put "mormonism shunning" into Google and found those many examples. There are pages, and pages, and pages more. Anyone can do it who can use Google, and I recommend they do.

Lets get a grip on this. Shunning is a specific action, the Amish actually practice this. Mormons do not. Any so called shunning is no different than someone leaving any church or group and the fall out from that.
There is no real shunning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality