Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 09:36 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Love and gravity. Don't forget gravity.
That reminded me of something Bishop Fulton J. Sheen said...whom I knew and won't forget
his hands!
( Never did a days work in his life! hahaha, like a banker's hands! Like butta...)

When talking with an atheist about no God and science and gravity and such,
He said, "Then, pray to gravity."

Just reminded me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 10:27 AM

18,494 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
That reminded me of something Bishop Fulton J. Sheen said...whom I knew and won't forget
his hands!
( Never did a days work in his life! hahaha, like a banker's hands! Like butta...)

When talking with an atheist about no God and science and gravity and such,
He said, "Then, pray to gravity."

Just reminded me...
I can go with that.

George Carlin decided to worship the sun after becoming an atheist. But he specifically did not pray to the sun, since he didn't presume on their friendship.

Old 09-26-2015, 02:36 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Love and gravity. Don't forget gravity.
Why do you think they are separate phenomena???

Old 09-28-2015, 05:51 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why do you think they are separate phenomena???
Exactly...on another forum I just said, to me, I saw gravity is just another form of love.
And when I 'got that'...I walked around for a day stunned...I mean I was 'shown' that.
It was a gift.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:33 AM

18,494 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Exactly...on another forum I just said, to me, I saw gravity is just another form of love.
And when I 'got that'...I walked around for a day stunned...I mean I was 'shown' that.
It was a gift.
Affectionate Falling (AF).

It's right up there with Intelligent Falling (IF).

Old 09-29-2015, 05:59 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Affectionate Falling (AF).

It's right up there with Intelligent Falling (IF).
I haven't seen that one for some time, but it's the old theist trick of equivocation. I first came across it when someone tried to argue that atheism was a religion because all 'organizations' (his term) are religions. What you do is that in order to prove that chalk is cheese, you look for what they have in common. In things that are actually different, that is usually pretty broad. So you can say that chal and cheese are all 'solid matter' and therefore the same.

In this case it seems to be taking effects that are seen, and that in rather different ways. Gravity is a physics measurable. 'Love' is hardly definable, let alone measurable. we are close to the common factor being 'what happens'.

Freak is too intelligent to be falling for that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality