Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 07:03 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl012 View Post
It depends on how you regard God. I believe after the fall of paradise, except for a brief period with his chosen people, God has assumed a policy of nonintervention.
Who were His Chosen People?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 07:51 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Please allow me to introduce myself,

I am a man or wealth and fame...

------The Rolling Stones---

Old 10-02-2015, 08:38 AM

611 posts, read 281,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
You start off by saying you're not here for discussion then ask for one.
Which is it?
Well,I guess I could have said it better. I'm not here for much discussions. "ME," myself I'm not good at discussing things with people. I have something to say and it doesn't seem to go across very good, I'm not a good discuss-er so I'd rather just expose you to the concept or thought and have others discuss it, and maybe I could see where the problem is, and a little touch here and there might help me get the point across. I just can't see why people don't get what I'm getting at when it seems so clear to me. And when I provide scripture showing where the concept has a Biblical foundation saying the same thing...it's seen as me just claiming some greatness with meaningless rambling. Why is that I wonder?

And people come to forums for many and varied things, I'm not here for likes or to build up some rep, or to make a name for myself. I had a breakdown, a collapse, in my Religions vs. Reality thread. Pushing a little to hard and some lack of sleep will bring me down every time. And when you read in the scriptures where Christ and Paul is said to be "beside" themselves, that's just a polite way to say they are full of megalomaniac ramblings. John say's, don't worry about someone nameless [Someone specific] who is beside himself, as he is doing it for the Lord...probably even him in the book of Revelations. The Lord requires you to give all of yourself to him, all your strength, anything less - just stay at home. When God breaks you down, believe me, you pride has left you, he humbles his servants. He brings you to the heart of the matter. "Six things doth the Lord hate, and seven is an abomination." [Google the quoted words if you need to know the scripture] and the very first thing is "A proud look and a lying tongue." And if you investigate a little there is only six things listed, and one of them is mentioned twice to make seven. A lying tongue and a false witness is still a lying tongue, isn't it. Do it once before the Lord, receive a warning...don't do it again...and later on you will read that a liar by itself is an abomination before the Lord. A lying tongue is something you don't bring before the Lord, it's at the top of the list, even so much as these words from the Father, "Surely these are my people, a children that will not lie: So he was their Savior." Which is the first things on the list that God hates and he mentions it twice. That means something to me...which brings me to a question I noticed on the first page here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Okay, people have it within them to do and say things that aren't good. And?
I've already showed the "And" with scripture quotes, let me try in my own words. The tongue speaks
from the fullness of the heart. A lying tongue trusting in its own desires [heart] was the beginning of today's problems and nothing good will ever come from a world full of liars and deceivers. So how does God go about giving a person a tongue that will not lie? He will give them a new heart that has a love of the truth...for he is the God of truth. And this is the main point. What was wrong from the beginning of creation, that sin...that corruption...that spirit of Satan found to exist in man, is to be cured with a changed heart that speaks truth and not lies. Problem from the beginning cured at the time of the end because the people realize they are about to receive the seven final plagues from their own doings which at the endtime, is about to cause total destruction the earth if they don't change their ways...but probably too late unless the hand of God intercedes. And those that repent and change their ways, if any do, God will be our Savior. Otherwise...well here comes the seven final plagues or curses that we ourselves has caused, we will reap as we have sown and we have sown into the wind and about to reap the final whirlwind.

And how does a lying tongue cause all that? If man only spoke the truth and would not lie, who would steal? who would murder? We would be well on our way in the process of cleaning up the image of mankind. The image of Christ is the image of God, The image of man is the image of a Beast System. We need to clean up our image. One image is about to be put into God's furnace of affliction, the seven final curses - the reward of their own doings, an effort of God and his Christ to help with their decision to change or not.

That is the point I'm trying get across, to expose, we are very near going to war with Russia and the recent floods in Fukushima has water overflowing from their toxic waste containers into the oceans current heading straight our way...how far would it get? The best way for Russia to respond to any attack would be to just pop a few nuclear facilities, how many such attacks would it take to turn us all into mutants? I watched the news yesterday and it was bad, I watched the news today, getting real bad real fast. I think a better understanding scriptures, God, and what his desire for his people is, that we should get along with each other and treat others as we would like to be treated. Who likes to be lied to?

That is the best I can do here today. Any help Pelroo? anybody?

Why is this received as rambling nonsense, a concoction I created all on my own and not Biblical? How could that be? Why is that? Why is this not true? How could it not make sense?

thanks.
--john a

Old 10-02-2015, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Who were His Chosen People?...
His chosen people today are the ones that will enter into the kingdom of God. And who are they? How many times did they ask Christ, "What must I do to inherit the kingdom of God?" And how many times are they told to keep the ten commandments in order to inherit the kingdom of God? His chosen people are those that honor God with their lips and their heart and will enter into the kingdom. And the last word on this matter is found at the end of the whole book, in Revelations 22:14.

"Blessed are they that 'DO' his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city." --these are his chosen people.

...were:
But in the beginning the 12 Tribes of Israel was his chosen people, and they would honor him with their lips but kept their heart far from him. And finally, because God couldn't reach their hearts...instead of destroying them, he just turned them over to the reprobates of their own heart and removed his hedge of protection around them letting them reap whatsoever they sowed, whether it be good or whether it be evil.

-

Old 10-02-2015, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
OP, I actually read through the entire memorandum. Not sure why you had to alienate yourself in the first lines, but that is your choice. Rightfully so, it was noticed that you deny any interest in discussion yet, in the last sentence apparently ask for it.

I am also trying to fathom the concept of your question. Are you stating that "evil" aka "Satan" is in humans only?
As if this were the case, I do wholeheartedly agree with you. Indeed, a human made itself imperfect. As such, it fell out of perfect realm. As such, it was introduced to the physical and passing and death. As such, "evil" thinking produced by humanity created a "satan" as an egregor that combines those particular thoughts. As such, that egregor is influencing humanity back.
Thanks for reading it, forgive my iniquity.

I don't have anything to disagree with you. I would put it: Satan = Sin, and that was the corruption found in Man. And even more specifically, it is the spirit of Satan that has exists in the hearts of men today. That is the habitation of Satan.

finally, something I can agree with.
thanks again.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is indeed within each of us and it has a scientific name . . . the reptilian brain (Serpent) and looks very much like a Serpent.
Yeah, I think that would actually be more correct. The heart is just a figure of speech really. The term "Heart" is used to express the place of mans desires. Nothing to do with the heart really. You know that.

But the subtle serpent found in Genesis 3:1, which was more subtle than any beast which the Lord God had made had a hissing or whispering talk behind your back kind of sound...it sounds like this SSS, which if you translate 666 directly from Hebrew into English would be SSS since they had no vowels on letter as x.

And in the Greek they had a letter or number, I forget which, that they used for 6, but they didn't use it. They tossed it aside and used Stigma instead, which was taken and used as the 19th of our alphabet as our S. So the mark of the Beast, the 666#, could also be the SSS#. And I like to put it like this:

The Lord God said: "Let there be light." And the light was. And God saw the light, that it was good. And God divided the light from the darkness...

And indeed, it was very good...

Daylight, Darkness, Dusk, and Dawn. Four ends of all the earth. Like four wild asses. And days gone by like so may herds of wild horses. These are the four spirits that go forward from before the face of the Lord our God. And I see a faint, pale, speckled horse running for a new dawn like all hell is on its heels: SSS# = 666# = $$$# for the buying and selling of merchandise on a WorldWideWeb of Commerce.

The identity number that links all our records together into a big data pool that can be sent from agency to agency along with whatever information they require. Without this "Unique Identifier" they wouldn't know one JohnB from another JohnB. Without this Identity Number the whole system would be unreliable...it wouldn't work...and I don't think you could hardly even live without that number.

Quote:
themarkofthebeast.com/42us666.shtml

Pleasure to meet you MysticPhD

Old 10-02-2015, 10:27 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Since you came back to post...I still would like posts on where God dwells
instead of satan,
when you have the interest and time.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl012 View Post
Is it possible that the absence of God causes evil in humans? All creatures in paradise where in the presence of God. When paradise fell, which was when Satan turned God's creatures against him, creatures turned to their own devises for survival. Thus, we have "laws of nature" serving the needs of God's creatures.

Here is another thought about evil. God created the universe to imprison Satan after he became a rebellious angel. After the fall of paradise, the world became one of many places in the universe for Satan to possess, plant seeds of destruction, and, otherwise, cause havoc.
I think the purpose of the Universe was so that we, and God would have a place to live forever.

What is an angel? Abraham saw two men approaching, and set places for them to set and visit. After they visited the two men rose up and left. After they were gone awhile, Abraham perceived that they were angels. In this life, I think an angel would be a messenger sent by God. The spirit of an angel in a man bearing a message or doing a deed.

Adam walked with God in Eden amongst the fiery stones [Venus, Mars, Jupiter, etc.] and their was only "One Fall." God cast Adam, Eve, and that lying tongue all outside his garden kingdom of Eden/Heaven, all together at the same time in the same place. Woe unto the woman that chose their way, a way of continual bruising from head to heel, their was no soundness in the way they chose at all. Woe, woe, and woes unto the woman for choosing this path. And Woe unto Adam, a life of hard work and a lot of sweat, and he sent Adam to till the ground, and for some lying tongue to go forth upon its hungry belly to eat dust all the days of its like...on earth, upon it's belly to eat dust all the days of his life.

Satan, nor any lying tongue ever made it back into the Garden, Eden, or kingdom of Heaven after that fall. Nor will any lying tongue inherit God's Kingdom.

Satan=Sin, some lying tongue, going forth upon who's hungry belly roaring in the streets looking for whatsoever it may devour. And Satan in Job 2:2, remember where God left him, here he is found again and God asks him from whence he came? That lying tongue answered the Lord: "From going to and fro in the earth, and walking up and down in it." Still right where God left him after the Fall at Eden. And whose legs do you think that hungry belly with it's lying tongue was walking upon? Satan was still upon earth with men and going before the presence of God doesn't require you to fly up to heaven.

And Christ choose 12 disciples, and there was a devil among them too...couldn't they see his horns and tail. Think Judas might had that spirit of a devil with him?

And the Garden where we came from...and where do the gates of New Jerusalem take us into...some garden with 12 trees on either side of the river to provide food at every season is where we end up, back in Eden, to dwell with God.

I'd have to address the Satan with the king of Tyre later. But it is referring to the same Fall where Adam walked with God with a little glorified language. But God was in Heaven, and with the increase of the kings merchandise was violence increased...Satan wasn't up in Heaven with God, that spirit was with the King and his merchandise. That's where the sin still was, upon earth with men.

Satan back in Heaven after Genesis 3:14 is a false concept, the teachings of men. And this False Concept is what Michael casts back down from Heaven to earth where God left him in the first place. And when man understands this part, and any idea of Satan in Heaven falls to earth like lightening. And time is short. Like today. Satan is still found upon earth, and still found to exist with men.

I've got more, but gone on to long already. Hope this doesn't offend you.
One man has one opinion, another man has another opinion. Nothing to fight about. I'm just here to expose these things in my mind...and I am flesh and blood also, subject to error. It's your world too, think whatever you want. But do think.

Sorry it took me that many words everybody,

--johna

Old 10-02-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Since you came back to post...I still would like posts on where God dwells
instead of satan,
when you have the interest and time.
That's found in Genesis1:8 an abode created on day 2.

The firmament, being the atmosphere that surrounds the earth that God named Heaven.
As opposed to the heavens which God created along with the sun, the moon, and the stars on the 4th day.

But God is a spirit. And he wants to dwell with man in his body also. Only when God say's, "I will hide my eyes from man," that's just a polite was of God saying he can't stand to look at us. He wants us to clean up our image.

It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, in the atmosphere, at a time when the inhabitants of the Flat Earth Society were as grasshoppers. You know, Isaiah somewhere...waay before Galileo.

Thanks for asking.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Please allow me to introduce myself,

I am a man or wealth and fame...

------The Rolling Stones---
Dang, I think they got that right. I love Rock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality