Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 03:00 PM

611 posts, read 280,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
You might fare better writing them down in a book of fiction.

But that would be a lie...I'm not writing fiction. I wouldn't waste my time with that. I scribe for the Lord, not for money or to please anyone, I'm going for the gut. I'm not backing down from any of you.

What I'm trying to do is give you guys a better frame of mind of God from scriptures. A true concept of God.

Satan came from walking to and fro, and up and down in the earth, right.

I came here from walking to and fro upon the pages of scriptures, and walking up and down in them. I know what I am talking about concerning these things. My heart is full of those things and my tongue is ready. It is much like Revelating I just do it without much thought whatsoever. I know the Big Book well. You can't deceive me about it. I open my mouth, the words just flow. State your claim upon scripture, I'll know if it is true or not. And I will show you your error if necessary. I won't hide any truth.

Most people just don't want to know. And they think I don't know. They just won't listen or look into what I am saying. I just had to return and make this clear.

-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 11:03 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
But that would be a lie...I'm not writing fiction. I wouldn't waste my time with that. I scribe for the Lord, not for money or to please anyone, I'm going for the gut. I'm not backing down from any of you.

What I'm trying to do is give you guys a better frame of mind of God from scriptures. A true concept of God.

Satan came from walking to and fro, and up and down in the earth, right.

I came here from walking to and fro upon the pages of scriptures, and walking up and down in them. I know what I am talking about concerning these things. My heart is full of those things and my tongue is ready. It is much like Revelating I just do it without much thought whatsoever. I know the Big Book well. You can't deceive me about it. I open my mouth, the words just flow. State your claim upon scripture, I'll know if it is true or not. And I will show you your error if necessary. I won't hide any truth.

Most people just don't want to know. And they think I don't know. They just won't listen or look into what I am saying. I just had to return and make this clear.

-
My, these brand new Christians are just adorable, aren't they, John?...

Old 10-04-2015, 11:06 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
God's Word = a Bone down the throat.
OMG!...I nearly spit my beer on my LT when I read that!...LMAO!...

Old 10-05-2015, 08:55 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
It may take me a little while...coffee first.
This morning, crawling outta bed didn't seem so much like I was crawling out of hell...
I hate living in a world like it is today...I want some changes...

Coffee anyone?

Haha, I have a friend that says, "Ahh, that one moment of bliss every morning when we
have that cup of coffee..."

Naturally, I felt bad for him, that really it was his only moment, this I know!

Thanks, buddy!

Old 10-05-2015, 09:11 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
The satan-thing...I would say it was 9 years ago...I really got this 'satan-thing'!
I would never honor satan by using caps....not many authors do either, ick.

I began to think of 'him' as a real person or entity....each morning 'he' would
grab my attention before my head left my pillow!
An easy time!
"Oh, how are you going to pay for that transmission. Oh, God, and
my health insurance...what if something happened to me?!"
And on and on it/'he' went ...just to bring me down into a spiraling pit of
depression and worry! (100% what Jesus instructed not to do!)

But, I knew 'his ' tricks. I had begun using Thought Control.

I would raise my finger and SMILE!
And I would say out loud, "Ohhhh...no you don't!"
Cuz I KNEW...it would lead me NO where....just absolutely into worthless
stinkin' thinkin'.

And you know what? ...That ego, that lower ego self, the ego-mind, that devil...
gets bored with you...because you don't want to play anymore.

Ah, the FREEDOM!
Part of the formula to a happy life...like taming a lion...after awhile all
you have to do is glare at it...and it goes off somewhere else.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:13 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
I think a better understanding scriptures, God, and what his desire for his people is, that we should get along with each other and treat others as we would like to be treated.

Well, aura, I don't think too many people would disagree with that. I'm glad you've come to that conclusion.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:16 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
The satan-thing...I would say it was 9 years ago...I really got this 'satan-thing'!
I would never honor satan by using caps....not many authors do either, ick.

I began to think of 'him' as a real person or entity....each morning 'he' would
grab my attention before my head left my pillow!
An easy time!
"Oh, how are you going to pay for that transmission. Oh, God, and
my health insurance...what if something happened to me?!"
And on and on it/'he' went ...just to bring me down into a spiraling pit of
depression and worry! (100% what Jesus instructed not to do!)

But, I knew 'his ' tricks. I had begun using Thought Control.

I would raise my finger and SMILE!
And I would say out loud, "Ohhhh...no you don't!"
Cuz I KNEW...it would lead me NO where....just absolutely into worthless
stinkin' thinkin'.

And you know what? ...That ego, that lower ego self, the ego-mind, that devil...
gets bored with you...because you don't want to play anymore.

Ah, the FREEDOM!
Part of the formula to a happy life...like taming a lion...after awhile all
you have to do is glare at it...and it goes off somewhere else.

The first time I heard the term "stinkin' thinkin'" and understood how to combat it was a turning point in my life as well.

The Top 10 Types of “Stinkin’ Thinkin'” | Psych Central - Part 10

Old 10-05-2015, 09:20 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,690,341 times
Quote:
Hi Amaznjohn,

I was going to reply differently, but this seems to be posted before my recent entries. Everything I claim is backed up by scripture, are you saying it is not or you don't accept scripture as a backup? I do back up everything with scriptures. And can. What point are you talking about? Be more specific? What have I said that you think is not biblical? Just one or two points and we will look into it.

-
No, I don't accept the ancient writings of unknown authors as evidence. If you have any evidence that what your book claims is accurate, I would be willing to listen to your claims taken from the contents of that book.

Old 10-06-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
No, I don't accept the ancient writings of unknown authors as evidence. If you have any evidence that what your book claims is accurate, I would be willing to listen to your claims taken from the contents of that book.
The scriptures have been around long enough, and read by so many people, that they have an embedded influence on modern day thinking. Many religions claim to be based upon the scriptures. What I have found is that the scriptures do not even say what religions teach. Their thinking seems to be based more upon Dante's Divine Comedy, instead of the scriptures. Today's ideas of Angels, Devils, and Hell are more Divine Comedy than scripture.

The only claim I make in this forum is that these things, ideas and concepts of the Devil, I've presented here as my evidence from the scriptures is: That religions are based upon a false understanding of the scriptures.

That is something that can be proved or disproved, isn't it?

Giving a good understanding of what a sentence or paragraph says or does not say, would have better results than endless wars about it, in my opinion. What do wars prove?

-

Old 10-06-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
My, these brand new Christians are just adorable, aren't they, John?...
Yeah, I feel like asking some of them if they and that Jesus they run around with have been robbing any banks lately?

I also wonder if that phrase, "Just believe in Jesus," should really have the "in" there. Just believe in Jesus seems to require doing nothing, let him do it all. Rather than, just believe Jesus, and do something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality