Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2015, 08:36 PM

611 posts, read 280,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Bad day, aural? You might want to go smoke a little weed and chill.
who/what created their god? Stupids -=- Their god of gog? I shouldn't tell them? They don't know the Lord. Why shouldn't we just eat them up? Maybe tomorrow for supper? They don't look as good as O Trout though, do they?

-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 07:41 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
It is the "all" of the context of Daniel. All mankind who ever lived from Adam to the last person will not be resurrected for Christ's millennial kingdom.

AS the millennial kingdom is ending then the rest of mankind will be resurrected to stand before the great white throne. Believers were resurrected prior to the thousand year reign of Christ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
What is the basis for this belief?
Thank you for asking.
Daniel was an Israelite prophet who wrote to the Israelites. This is what he wrote to his people:

Daniel 12:1-2 In that era shall stand up Michael, the great chief, standing over the sons of your people.
Then comes to be an era of distress such as has not occurred since there came to be a nation on the
earth, till that era
. Now in that era your people shall escape--all those found written in the scroll." (2)
From those sleeping in the soil of the ground many shall awake, these to eonian life and these to reproach
for eonian repulsion."

Daniel is writing about Jacob's trouble also known as their great tribulation in this color. "Your people" are the Israelites. So we can read the ellipsis "Israelites" in this: "all those [Israelites] found written in the scroll will escape." Then the ellipsis here would be "From those Israelites sleeping in the soil of the ground many shall awake, these to eonian life and these to reproach for eonian repulsion." Notice it says "many shall awake" not "all mankind shall awake.

But in Revelation, 1000 years later, the Great White Throne comes up, and all on the earth, minus believers, must appear before it and be judged.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:23 AM

248 posts, read 175,161 times
Quote:
The words of Samuel? According to the Bible, they are the words of God.

1 Samuel 15:2 (the verse immediately preceding 1 Samuel 15:3)

Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt. KJV

Thus saith Jehovah of hosts: I have considered what Amalek did to Israel, how he set himself against him in the way, when he came up from Egypt. Darby.

This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. NIV.

Thus says the LORD of hosts, 'I will punish Amalek for what he did to Israel, how he set himself against him on the way while he was coming up from Egypt. NASV.
The wording is kinda confusing, either way whether the words were inspired by The Most High or was directly from The Most High, it was for his covenanted people who were at war during that time, you think they were suppose to turn the other cheek? No that's not how it works Petunia.

Old 10-07-2015, 09:11 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soular View Post
The wording is kinda confusing, either way whether the words were inspired by The Most High or was directly from The Most High, it was for his covenanted people who were at war during that time, you think they were suppose to turn the other cheek? No that's not how it works Petunia.
Actually, according to Jesus it does work that way--

But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.

Old 10-07-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Actually, according to Jesus it does work that way--

But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.
People take that out of context, he was referring to Hebrew on Hebrew relations, not other nations.

Old 10-07-2015, 09:29 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
People take that out of context, he was referring to Hebrew on Hebrew relations, not other nations.
Yeah. If a non-Hebrew slapped Jesus, he'd kick him in the nuts.

Old 10-07-2015, 01:46 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Thank you for asking.
Daniel was an Israelite prophet who wrote to the Israelites. This is what he wrote to his people:

Daniel 12:1-2 In that era shall stand up Michael, the great chief, standing over the sons of your people.
Then comes to be an era of distress such as has not occurred since there came to be a nation on the
earth, till that era. Now in that era your people shall escape--all those found written in the scroll." (2)
From those sleeping in the soil of the ground many shall awake, these to eonian life and these to reproach
for eonian repulsion."

Daniel is writing about Jacob's trouble also known as their great tribulation in this color. "Your people" are the Israelites. So we can read the ellipsis "Israelites" in this: "all those [Israelites] found written in the scroll will escape." Then the ellipsis here would be "From those Israelites sleeping in the soil of the ground many shall awake, these to eonian life and these to reproach for eonian repulsion." Notice it says "many shall awake" not "all mankind shall awake.

But in Revelation, 1000 years later, the Great White Throne comes up, and all on the earth, minus believers, must appear before it and be judged.

After reading your passages on this topic, I see how it could be taken that way.

Old 10-07-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Yes, I agree, that is not how the God of the Bible works. He is a God of war, vengeance, rage, etc. Jesus said to turn the other cheek, but Jesus is nothing like God.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Yes, I agree, that is not how the God of the Bible works. He is a God of war, vengeance, rage, etc. Jesus said to turn the other cheek, but Jesus is nothing like God.
Once again, he is a God that has a covenanted people, the Hebrews. Like Thor for the Vikings or Brahma for the Hindus. Jesus/Yahusha was without sin, meaning he followed the law/Torah from birth to death, which is why he says "only through me will you know the Father" meaning his example, also there were more teachings that were covered up and taken out of the Bible for political reasons of combining pagan and sacred religions in the Byzantine Empire.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Once again, he is a God that has a covenanted people, the Hebrews. Like Thor for the Vikings or Brahma for the Hindus. Jesus/Yahusha was without sin, meaning he followed the law/Torah from birth to death, which is why he says "only through me will you know the Father" meaning his example, also there were more teachings that were covered up and taken out of the Bible for political reasons of combining pagan and sacred religions in the Byzantine Empire.
So on the one hand, He created all people but only chose a few with whom to make a covenant, the rest can just be slaughtered, whatev. On the other hand, He is love.

That's my whole point. He is not love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality