Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2015, 11:17 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sick, very sick!!! Who could ever love such a God???? Why???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soular View Post
How would you personally deal with disobedience? Many people love The Most High, because he is just and fair.
Your standard of just and fair is not remotely just or fair, IMO. It is a primitive, savage and barbaric standard that should have been abandoned 2000+ years ago when the actual standard was revealed by Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2015, 03:07 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,162,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I think I would be filled with FEAR!
And be very very very good!

I was taught as a Catholic the guilt side, haha...I was 'offending God'. The SHAME!

You know I have called teaching this stuff to children that it "IS Child Abuse"?
I'll say it again! Grrr
Agreed! I know somebody who had a nervous breakdown when she was a teenager because of a certain religious belief of her mother. It caused her to be scared out of her wits. That somebody was my mother and thank God, she didn't do unto her children what was done unto her.

But I don't blame her mother, I blame the church for their false teachings.

P.S. In response to the OP... God has always existed... is the answer.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:25 AM

689 posts, read 494,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Agreed! I know somebody who had a nervous breakdown when she was a teenager because of a certain religious belief of her mother. It caused her to be scared out of her wits. That somebody was my mother and thank God, she didn't do unto her children what was done unto her.

But I don't blame her mother, I blame the church for their false teachings.

People should learn to question what is told them by preachers. After all they have no more knowledge of the existence of any deity than anyone else, as there is no proof to back up much of the Bible.

Old 10-11-2015, 11:54 AM

248 posts, read 175,303 times
Quote:
Your standard of just and fair is not remotely just or fair, IMO. It is a primitive, savage and barbaric standard that should have been abandoned 2000+ years ago when the actual standard was revealed by Christ.
Just as the Sun and Moon rises every day and night, and the trees bloom and wither according to each season without transgressing the commandments given to them, humans have the same thing and a place in this creation. We just think we can transgress and not get punished, that's simply not how it works. Christ never transgressed the Torah or the first 5 books of the Old Testament from birth to death that is why he is revered as such, the law wasn't done away with when he died nor was he the Messiah.

Old 10-11-2015, 12:24 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Dingdingdingding....that's the answer.
The issue is human minds still think in that linear, 3rd dimensional way, sigh, how limited
and boring... still thinking
there is EVEN a thing called 'time'....it is an illusion, a slight of hand, a trick...
People still think some 'thing' has to 'be created' or born of a female or born
after intercourse of opposites sexes....when diff species have shown this not to be true.

I love this thread, cuz it reminds me to keep up the good work
of opening to the freedom of less and less limitations my own stupid beliefs can
bind me in.

Paperchains....all of them!

Old 10-11-2015, 12:29 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
People should learn to question what is told them by preachers.
100% agree.
Nothing like a direct, up-close and personal experience of the Divine in you...
no book involved...no middle men.

Old 10-11-2015, 12:53 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Just as the Sun and Moon rises every day and night, and the trees bloom and wither according to each season without transgressing the commandments given to them, humans have the same thing and a place in this creation. We just think we can transgress and not get punished, that's simply not how it works.
this makes a very good point

if you rob a bank and get sent to prison, do you blame the bank? the judge? your parents? the police who arrested you? the government for making the laws? the prosecuting attorney?

Old 10-11-2015, 02:21 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Quote:
Just as the Sun and Moon rises every day and night, and the trees bloom and wither according to each season without transgressing the commandments given to them, humans have the same thing and a place in this creation. We just think we can transgress and not get punished, that's simply not how it works. Christ never transgressed the Torah or the first 5 books of the Old Testament from birth to death that is why he is revered as such, the law wasn't done away with when he died nor was he the Messiah.
It is NOT punishment if you transgress God's law of gravity and are hurt or killed. It is simply a negative consequence. Jesus is not the Moshiach, worldly King and leader, the Jews were expecting because they focused on the wrong verses and interpreted them carnally, not spiritually. Jesus IS the spiritual Messiah actually intended by God, however . .. and His historical spiritual impact proves it.

Old 10-11-2015, 02:23 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
For what transgressions were the infants and children of Amalek being punished?

Old 10-11-2015, 03:03 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
For what transgressions were the infants and children of Amalek being punished?
a person does not have to look very hard or go very far to see how "innocent children" can be killed due to the activities of the adults in their lives

let's say someone is a drug addict. and goes into debt gambling to pay for his drugs. he borrows money from criminals. he also steals from say the 7-11 down the street. he becomes involved in gang activity. the cops come looking for him. the thugs he owes money to come looking for him. there is a shoot out at his house, and his kids are killed. the neighbor kids are also killed due to gang-related drive-by shooting.

got it? just like today, innocent kids dead because the adults around them broke the law and engaged in illicit dangerous pursuits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality