Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 08:15 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times

Advertisements

The bible is one confused piece of literature, isn't it?

Consider the Nephlim.

Who are they? Giants. Or, maybe not. God's sons (you see, Jesus was NOT his only begotten one) came down to earth, had an orgy with the nymphs, ooops, women, who lived here, and presto pop, out came the Nephlim. That is what the bible says, although I know that we are going to see "you be taking it out of context, boy" comments quickly. Or, "those were angels, not literal sons". Or some other excuse.

The bible says what the bible says, but I know apologists are going to get into spins that the words do not mean what they say. Unless they, do, and then we hear about Leviticus ad infinitum.

So that is the genesis of Nephlim before the Flood.

Then El gets all pizzy about everything down on earth (what the heck did those cute Koala Bears do so that all except two died?) and shazam! da Flood. Da Deluge. Da 40 days and 40 nights of rain, rain, rain.

The waters recede (where to?) and out pops the animals 2 x2, and some 7x7. And eight people, equally male and female. And away they go, copulating like bunnies, to repopulate the earth.

But WAIT! There's more!

Noah had some stowaways! What other explanation is there, as poof!, the Nephlim all of a sudden pop into the story again, AFTER the Flood. No heavenly orgies this time, they just are. Moses scouts come back and tell him about these people, and that they can't be defeated, as they are stronger and sooooo big. Did these after Flood Nephlim have the gawd gene in them also?

Remember the son's of El who came down and had that orgy BF (Before Flood)? The offspring must of had part of the gawd gene in them, right? What about those AF (After Flood)?

So, apologists, have at 'er. I'm sure CARM or Answers in Genesis have a copy and past ready for you. Try and avoid those and be original, please?

References:
Genesis 6:1-4 (just before El gets all pizzy and starts opening the taps)
Numbers 13:31-33
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 10:35 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
The bible is one confused piece of literature, isn't it?

Consider the Nephlim.

Who are they? Giants. Or, maybe not. God's sons (you see, Jesus was NOT his only begotten one) came down to earth, had an orgy with the nymphs, ooops, women, who lived here, and presto pop, out came the Nephlim. That is what the bible says, although I know that we are going to see "you be taking it out of context, boy" comments quickly. Or, "those were angels, not literal sons". Or some other excuse.

The bible says what the bible says, but I know apologists are going to get into spins that the words do not mean what they say. Unless they, do, and then we hear about Leviticus ad infinitum.

So that is the genesis of Nephlim before the Flood.

Then El gets all pizzy about everything down on earth (what the heck did those cute Koala Bears do so that all except two died?) and shazam! da Flood. Da Deluge. Da 40 days and 40 nights of rain, rain, rain.

The waters recede (where to?) and out pops the animals 2 x2, and some 7x7. And eight people, equally male and female. And away they go, copulating like bunnies, to repopulate the earth.

But WAIT! There's more!

Noah had some stowaways! What other explanation is there, as poof!, the Nephlim all of a sudden pop into the story again, AFTER the Flood. No heavenly orgies this time, they just are. Moses scouts come back and tell him about these people, and that they can't be defeated, as they are stronger and sooooo big. Did these after Flood Nephlim have the gawd gene in them also?

Remember the son's of El who came down and had that orgy BF (Before Flood)? The offspring must of had part of the gawd gene in them, right? What about those AF (After Flood)?

So, apologists, have at 'er. I'm sure CARM or Answers in Genesis have a copy and past ready for you. Try and avoid those and be original, please?

References:
Genesis 6:1-4 (just before El gets all pizzy and starts opening the taps)
Numbers 13:31-33
They were large people. They existed before Noah, and there were large people after the flood, as well. Obviously they were Noah's descendants, too. They were human beings. It's not that complicated.

Funny you should mention CARM though. I've heard Slick say on his radio show he believes they were the offspring of humans and demons/angels having physical relations. I'm sure you could go search his site if you want to find his theory. You accuse me of being lockstep behind him...but I disagree with him on it for the simple fact that they were mentioned as being around before and after the flood. The term "Sons of God" in chapter 6 simply means people that followed God--likely Seth's descendants.

Old 10-09-2015, 10:40 AM

689 posts, read 494,779 times
The story of Noah and his flood has not the slightest bit of credibility at all!

Old 10-09-2015, 10:53 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,199,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
The story of Noah and his flood has not the slightest bit of credibility at all!
It's all fiction, I don't know why people go crazy trying to rationalize everything.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:41 AM

19,721 posts, read 10,124,301 times
And if only Noah, his sons and their wives were left, I guess incest wasn't a sin. To repopulate, brother and sister, cousin and cousin would have had to do the deed. and of course that must have happened with Adam and Eve too. Unless aliens landed. See, how silly these stories are.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:44 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
And if only Noah, his sons and their wives were left, I guess incest wasn't a sin. To repopulate, brother and sister, cousin and cousin would have had to do the deed. and of course that must have happened with Adam and Eve too. Unless aliens landed. See, how silly these stories are.
Actually, it was Noah, his sons, THEIR WIVES, and his wife. Yes--cousin married cousin. That happens all the time today. Ever been to Kentucky?

Old 10-09-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Actually, it was Noah, his sons, THEIR WIVES, and his wife. Yes--cousin married cousin. That happens all the time today. Ever been to Kentucky?
That would be that religious State where the adulteress and much divorced Kim Davis refused to issue a marriage license for a same sex couple? Or that con artist Ken Ham wants to put up a model of the ark, but tries to do it as a religious building rather than a commercial entity?

Wonder where Ham was going to display the Nephlim? Inside or outside? Maybe Ham has an explanation how they came about post flood? I mean, no god genes involved, right?

Old 10-09-2015, 12:29 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,139 times
There is over a millennia between Genesis 6 and Numbers 13. Those who were called 'Nephilim' existed on both sides of the flood. This does not at all mean that they survived the flood, only that the term for these men was used for a group of people both pre-flood and post-flood.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
There is over a millennia between Genesis 6 and Numbers 13. Those who were called 'Nephilim' existed on both sides of the flood. This does not at all mean that they survived the flood, only that the term for these men was used for a group of people both pre-flood and post-flood.
So, where did the Post Flood ones come from? Did they have the god gene in them (the PreFlood one obviously had to)?

Old 10-09-2015, 08:29 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
The craziest thing is the way so many "believers" have different interpretations. From the most extreme fundamentalists who think the whole story is literal from the beginning of the book, to the "semi-fundamentalists" who think it's a literal story, but with slightly more realistic elements. You would think that people who "believe" the story might have some kind of a common revealed knowledge about what it all means, since they are part of the same brotherhood from on high. The whole story is just so weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality