Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2015, 02:05 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,257,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
More like close to 10,000 years.
Around 2,000 years ago He sent His only begotten Son to die for you and everyone. Since Christ did die for all mankind, all mankind therefore has been died for. God currently is not reckoning mankind's offenses but entreats for everyone to be at peace with Him.

Just because you say He does not exist does not prove He does not exist. Nor does what you say PROVE He was created by humans.
No-No-No. More like 6 Million Years

Sure keep on waiting...and waiting.

I am amazed at your unsophisticated mind...truly amazed.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:08 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
No-No-No. More like 6 Million Years
According to Alice in Wonderland.

Quote:
Sure keep on waiting...and waiting.
I am a very patient man. I can wait.

Quote:
I am amazed at your unsophisticated mind...truly amazed.
God chooses such as me so His love looks more loving, his patience more patient, His wisdom more wise.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:18 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,257,984 times
Quote:
No according to fossils and Genetic Studies.

Here you go if you need "proof"!

Svante Pääbo: DNA clues to our inner neanderthal | TED Talk Subtitles and Transcript | TED.com

Zeresenay Alemseged: The search for humanity's roots | TED Talk Subtitles and Transcript | TED.com

Quote:
It's your life to waste not mine.
Quote:
God chooses such as me so His love looks more loving, his patience more patient, His wisdom more wise.
god does not choose anything becasue the god you are describing does not exist.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:20 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,872 times
Quote:
I'm glad you believe at the very least He exists to at least do the things you falsely accuse Him of doing.
I talk about Lord Voldemort in the same exact way. And Santa Clause or Vishnu or Allah. I don't think any of them exist either. Though they do exist as characters (even identity defining characters) in people's imaginations.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:25 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
You are not a very good spokesman for your God.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:31 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
You do a great disservice to God when you demand that belief in Him be tied to believing nonsense and fables, Eusebius.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:52 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You do a great disservice to God when you demand that belief in Him be tied to believing nonsense and fables, Eusebius.
I don't demand anything so why do you accuse me of demanding belief?

And where did I ever demand people must believe in nonsense and fables? What a joke.

Old 10-27-2015, 11:13 PM

11,026 posts, read 5,982,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Seriously? That is what an "attack" is to you? Then they attack me nonstop.
Oh trust me, I can throw up similar "defensive reaction" at anything they say as well. So they won't win even with the extensive effort from people like you to apologize for them and give them ground. You are going to have to do the same thing for me now, I feel very offended and defensive. (Even if most of the Nonreligious don't)
Hey, we're on the same side here!

Let me explain then. What I would like to see is good solid and sound reasoning with clever debate, devoid of emotionalism. No one is an idiot and we have no right to say that they are or to claim their reasoning is stupid or whatever. It makes the caller look like the idiot or bigot or like he/she needs to defend themselves. See where I'm coming from? We are not on the defensive! (Therefore I do not need to apologize for you ).

Take a moment to considering how deeply ingrained religious dogma and superstition is. A study has been done on the causes of religion and superstitions. It is rooted in our survival makeup. Perhaps you would enjoy the read; What Causes Religion and Superstitions?

P.S. I get the point that this is an open section of the Religion and Spirituality forum (I was confusing it with the Christian sub-forum) - I stand corrected and reprimanded.

Last edited by 303Guy; 10-27-2015 at 11:32 PM..

Old 10-27-2015, 11:44 PM

11,026 posts, read 5,982,960 times
Quote:
More like close to 10,000 years.
Around 2,000 years ago He sent His only begotten Son to die for you and everyone. Since Christ did die for all mankind, all mankind therefore has been died for. God currently is not reckoning mankind's offenses but entreats for everyone to be at peace with Him.

Just because you say He does not exist does not prove He does not exist. Nor does what you say PROVE He was created by humans.
I'm not so sure. See, the bible states that the sons of gods saw that human woman were, well, pretty sexy, so took of them of their choosing as wives and their children were mighty men. So the bible is telling us that God had plenty of sons. Unless those were not the sons of God, in which case God was not the only god as the bible states that he said he was.

P.S. Alice in Wonderland is real - the Book 'Alice in Wonderland' tells us so.

By the way, the bible tells us (if you know how to read it) that the earth is at least 30,000 years old - likely much older (like 4.5 billion years old).

Old 10-28-2015, 02:40 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Hey, we're on the same side here!

Let me explain then. What I would like to see is good solid and sound reasoning with clever debate, devoid of emotionalism. No one is an idiot and we have no right to say that they are or to claim their reasoning is stupid or whatever. It makes the caller look like the idiot or bigot or like he/she needs to defend themselves. See where I'm coming from? We are not on the defensive! (Therefore I do not need to apologize for you ).

Take a moment to considering how deeply ingrained religious dogma and superstition is. A study has been done on the causes of religion and superstitions. It is rooted in our survival makeup. Perhaps you would enjoy the read; What Causes Religion and Superstitions?

P.S. I get the point that this is an open section of the Religion and Spirituality forum (I was confusing it with the Christian sub-forum) - I stand corrected and reprimanded.
Yay to the bolded. Still...

Their emotionalism would NOT be my fault nor the "fault" of anyone they are responding to.
But for anyone that mistakenly thinks it would be then my REACTIONS (And reactions from similar minded) are surely their fault then, since they already know that what they say provokes me, and all my believes are deeply rooted in my survival makeup (same for nonreligious people who happen to be like me).

I "deep rooted into my survival" disagree with empty name-calling (most insults are inherently empty as the explanation would do just fine all by itself).

I am mostly at the defensive because I'm mostly oppressed, you should be more aware of how they oppress us with slight-of-hand religious encroachments into government and against science with slogans and patriotic dictate adulterations and such.

Trust me, you don't need to apologize for them nor defend them just because they get emotional or upset. But I do like heroes that combat empty name calling (explanations work much better).

"Take a moment to consider how deeply ingrained religious dogma and superstition is," and begin to understand that indeed, most of the nonreligious are by definition the underdogs and in the defensive from attacks and slanders from the pro-religious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality