Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2016, 08:39 PM

797 posts, read 752,469 times

Advertisements

Yes.

Old 01-08-2016, 08:42 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickstack View Post
I guess a true scientist would insist that he has come up with a theory and built a model that might help understand how this unmeasurable Watch was put into place .
Building little trinkets and gagets with there hands to try and figure out how all this came to be without them.
Because after all , they know everything.
They even know that that small insignificant screw on that watch had to be purposely put there in order for it to work .
Otherwise it just sat there...... and sat ....and sat...... and sat.....

And to think that these SCIENTISTS call a believer in God indoctrinated.
You have been brainwashed with the biggest bunch of stupidity imaginable

Just sit down with a watch , if you can figure out how to take the cover off the back and ponder it in your hand .
That little watch is nothing YET not even it can be created from the hat you pull the universe out of.
An oldie, but still boring.

Old 01-08-2016, 08:46 PM

468 posts, read 265,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
An oldie, but still boring.
I am starting to believe that if I ever saw you in person then I would just say " oh , I see . Now I don't wonder anymore"

Old 01-08-2016, 09:11 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
I am starting to believe that if I ever saw you in person then I would just say " oh , I see . Now I don't wonder anymore"

Old 01-08-2016, 10:31 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
The 'watchmaker argument has been soundly refuted.

You picked a watch because you can tell a manufactured object from a natural one.

You showed the workings with the implied argument that such integrated complexity cannot come about by chance.Wrong. Evolution theory explains how it does. Complexity is not in itself evidence of design.

You hinted with the single screw argument at Irreducible Complexity. That has been debunked.

Finally, you tried to make these debunked components stick with the misconceived argument of 'chance'. This only makes sense to you because you begin with the assumption of a forward -planned outcome that could only be arrived at by intent. In fact the chances of what happens by chance happening are 1/1

And, furthermore,

Old 01-09-2016, 02:44 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
So what in God's name is scientific about some idiot insisting that under the correct heat ,pressure and time we would end up with a perfectly functioning rolex watch ? Or heart , brain nervous system galaxy ear or even BUTT
An idiot that insists anything should be your first clue that you are not dealing with a true scientist.

Old 01-09-2016, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post

You picked a watch because you can tell a manufactured object from a natural one.

You showed the workings with the implied argument that such integrated complexity cannot come about by chance.Wrong. Evolution theory explains how it does. Complexity is not in itself evidence of design.

You hinted with the single screw argument at Irreducible Complexity. That has been debunked.

Finally, you tried to make these debunked components stick with the misconceived argument of 'chance'. This only makes sense to you because you begin with the assumption of a forward -planned outcome that could only be arrived at by intent. In fact the chances of what happens by chance happening are 1/1

And, furthermore,
Complexity is not evidence of design?

I would sooner state that it's PROOF.

Complexity is a very tangible evidence.
Evolution has none whatsoever.
Science is an observation not a speculation.
What you can observe here today has nothing to do with what you speculate happened 40 million years ago and you call that speculation SCIENCE.

Old 01-09-2016, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post

And, furthermore,
I went back and reread this and realized that you said absolutely NOTHING.

This is the hinge of your religion , long wordy writeups that literally say nothing
While at first glance appeared to reflect intelligence.
This and mysterious experts that taught you to tangle long words into jibberish.

Old 01-09-2016, 07:44 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Complexity is not evidence of design?

I would sooner state that it's PROOF.
So then...if "complexity = design" then you have to admit that any intelligent being capable of designing something complex and organised has to be at least as complex and organized as what he designed. In order to be consistent with your own reasoning, you have to conclude that the designer was designed as well. This either [a.] leads to an infinite regression of designers, which would itself be left unexplained, or [b.] it means you decide to stop at one organised and complex designer who could exist without being designed (which most Theists/Deists do). If that's the case, and one complex entity can exist without being designed, then you've basically defeated your own argument. If one complex entity can exist without being designed, why can't the cosmos?

Old 01-09-2016, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
So then...if "complexity = design" then you have to admit that any intelligent being capable of designing something complex and organised has to be at least as complex and organized as what he designed. In order to be consistent with your own reasoning, you have to conclude that the designer was designed as well. This either [a.] leads to an infinite regression of designers, which would itself be left unexplained, or [b.] it means you decide to stop at one organised and complex designer who could exist without being designed (which most Theists/Deists do). If that's the case, and one complex entity can exist without being designed, then you've basically defeated your own argument. If one complex entity can exist without being designed, why can't the cosmos?

Congratulations! ! You have just discovered how great God really is !!!

But one more point to your observation,
He does not die and decay as our cosmos is even as we speak.

Now give him the Glory due.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality