Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2015, 08:57 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Therefore the God of Abraham created Fred out of dirt in the blink of an eye. Yep. Sounds about right to me.
No, it was Adam He created and He did it in a day. Sounds about right to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Ok, you are obviously just rolling around looking for laughs or something. Nowhere in what I said should lead to such an obtuse response. So, keep up your ignorance. It only makes you and your religion look ridiculous.

Thank you again for helping out our cause!!

There you have it folks. southernbored tells me I am wrong concerning the cell to fish to lizard evolutionist scenario, yet when pressed for facts, he merely states the above as if that proves anything

This is what I asked him:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Wow! your faith is strong!

So if life did not begin with a single cell, O great knower of all evolutionary tales, how did it begin? Did life for the lizard begin as a lizard without evolution? Did all the fish in the ocean begin as they are today or did they evolve from a single cell? Surely you know!

Old 11-03-2015, 09:02 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
There you have it folks. southernbored tells me I am wrong concerning the cell to fish to lizard evolutionist scenario, yet when pressed for facts, he merely states the above as if that proves anything

This is what I asked him:
If you think a SINGLE cell turned into a fish, and then a fish turned into a reptile, then I have some real estate to sell you on the moon. You are just proving that fundamentalists lack the ability to have a conversation. That is all it shows. Your childish games prove you lack any education on the subject at hand. Go back to playing with your blocks boy.

Edit: If you think that is what evolution is... Obviously you prefer that we were made of dirt...

Old 11-03-2015, 09:03 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,221,727 times
Quote:
No, it was Adam He created and He did it in a day. Sounds about right to me.
You're the one who called him Fred. I just assumed that Fred Flintstone and Adam were the same dinosaur-riding cave man in your sect's belief.

Old 11-03-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
You're the one who called him Fred. I just assumed that Fred Flintstone and Adam were the same dinosaur-riding cave man in your sect's belief.
No, I didn't call him Fred. The article euphemistically called the cell "Fred."

Old 11-03-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
If you think a SINGLE cell turned into a fish, and then a fish turned into a reptile, then I have some real estate to sell you on the moon. You are just proving that fundamentalists lack the ability to have a conversation. That is all it shows. Your childish games prove you lack any education on the subject at hand. Go back to playing with your blocks boy.

Edit: If you think that is what evolution is... Obviously you prefer that we were made of dirt...
I'm not the one claiming a cell turned into a fish which turned into a lizard. I'm asking you if all life began with the single cell. And if not, how did the fish become a fish? Where did the lizard come from? If all life did not begin with the single cell, how did it begin? I'm sure you know since you obviously know EVERYTHING there is to know about evolution.

This article from National Geographic states all life on earth began with the single cell (even though they have no proof):

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ngle-ancestor/

Old 11-03-2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:
I'm not the one claiming a cell turned into a fish which turned into a lizard. I'm asking you if all life began with the single cell. And if not, how did the fish become a fish? Where did the lizard come from? If all life did not begin with the single cell, how did it begin? I'm sure you know since you obviously know EVERYTHING there is to know about evolution.
I have never claimed to know everything, that would be you Eusie. Unlike you and your cohorts, thinking men don't claim to know everything. In fact, we actively try and educate ourselves further on a daily basis. You guys on the other hand, read one book (not usually all the way through though) and think you know the answers to life. A book written by primitive men who used it to explain things they didn't understand, certainly doesn't hold the keys to life.

You said, "I wonder if they continued the cladogram downward if they would include the single cell to a fish to a reptile to ..."

A single cell did not turn into a fish. I am not going to waste my time going through every step of evolution for you. You can look it up on your own if you are interested. We all know you aren't though. You are only interested in your view, and will simply say, "That doesn't explain this" Or " That doesn't work for that", no matter what is posted. Your mind is not only closed, it is turned completely off.

To repeat, I am not wasting my time explaining something to someone who isn't going to read it or understand it anyways.

Old 11-03-2015, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I have never claimed to know everything, that would be you Eusie. Unlike you and your cohorts, thinking men don't claim to know everything. In fact, we actively try and educate ourselves further on a daily basis. You guys on the other hand, read one book (not usually all the way through though) and think you know the answers to life. A book written by primitive men who used it to explain things they didn't understand, certainly doesn't hold the keys to life.

You said, "I wonder if they continued the cladogram downward if they would include the single cell to a fish to a reptile to ..."

A single cell did not turn into a fish. I am not going to waste my time going through every step of evolution for you. You can look it up on your own if you are interested. We all know you aren't though. You are only interested in your view, and will simply say, "That doesn't explain this" Or " That doesn't work for that", no matter what is posted. Your mind is not only closed, it is turned completely off.

To repeat, I am not wasting my time explaining something to someone who isn't going to read it or understand it anyways.
Well folks, there you have it. southernbored says I'm all wrong about evolution. He states "a single cell did not turn into a fish." I agree. I don't think a single cell went directly from a single cell to a fish in a single step. But what southernbored is not telling us is how the fish got here in the first place? What were the steps between the single cell and the fish of today? How long did it take to go from the single cell to each stage until the fish appeared? What was each critter before it became a fish? Where are the facts? One cannot say it is in the fossil record. The fossil record does not record a single cell turning into something greater than that single cell to something greater than that so on and so forth until the fish appeared. Yet southernbored takes it by faith that that is how it happened.

Spoiler alert:
Spoiler
I never claimed to know everything

Old 11-03-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Well folks, there you have it. southernbored says I'm all wrong about evolution. He states "a single cell did not turn into a fish." I agree. I don't think a single cell went directly from a single cell to a fish in a single step. But what southernbored is not telling us is how the fish got here in the first place? What were the steps between the single cell and the fish of today? How long did it take to go from the single cell to each stage until the fish appeared? What was each critter before it became a fish? Where are the facts? One cannot say it is in the fossil record. The fossil record does not record a single cell turning into something greater than that single cell to something greater than that so on and so forth until the fish appeared. Yet southernbored takes it by faith that that is how it happened.

Spoiler alert:
Spoiler
I never claimed to know everything

Again, not my job to educate you. You can look it up yourself if you are interested. We all know you are not interested Eusie. I am also not a scientist. Why don't you ask a scientist to explain it for you? Oh wait.... you don' t really want to know, because you claim you already know.

god did it! god he done there built us from dirt Cletus! Then he done there taken a rib and built a rib woman from dirt! Who wouldn't believe that Cletus!!

Is that how you would prefer the conversation to go? Do some research on your own. I am not your momma.

Old 11-03-2015, 09:59 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Why limit God's creative power? Why not just say that God created the entire universe five minutes ago, complete with memories and recorded history of a completely unreal past?

If we're going to be creationists, let's go full-bore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality