Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 10:15 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Tell me, oh great knower of science, where did the single celled amoeba come from? Did it form itself, noting that just one single cell is comprised of a factory of working parts, I find it hard to believe all those working parts just accidentally came together by the MIRACLE of evolution. All the myriad of parts would have to come together at the same time and all work in perfect unison for the cell to survive.
I suggest you pick up a few books on evolution, and read it for yourself. I do not have the time, nor the technical knowledge to explain evolution to you in detail on this message board. it would have taken billions of years for evolution to come to where we are now. Go pick out a few books on the subject and actually read them yourself. Might do you some good.

To small minds, I am sure it makes more sense for some supreme being to just snap his fingers and *POOF* here is the earth, and *POOF* here are humans. To thinking minds, this makes much less sense than evolution. In fact, you are arguing that the only way we could have come into existence is by a god wishing us into existence. This is a heck of a lot more fantastical than billions and billions of years of evolution.

Every time you post you prove you lack any knowledge on evolution, so please, educate yourself and read a few books on the subject before you start thinking you know something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2015, 10:23 AM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Maybe because science is always saying "Well we used to believe this or that but now we see that is wrong.
But notice in the Bible it never says: "Well, we used to believe God created the heavens and the earth and all that is in it and created plants and animals whole but God told us He made a mistake, that He really didn't mean that"?
It doesn't? Really? Then what about the great flood? That was sent by God to destroy his creation because it was flawed! God made a mistake!

What is all this creationist resistance to evolution? God created man and evolution is how he did it. I've created things too, with my own hands. Not living things and not by 'saying the word' although saying the word was where I began.

Old 10-22-2015, 10:24 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
I suggest you pick up a few books on evolution, and read it for yourself. I do not have the time, nor the technical knowledge to explain evolution to you in detail on this message board. it would have taken billions of years for evolution to come to where we are now. Go pick out a few books on the subject and actually read them yourself. Might do you some good.

To small minds, I am sure it makes more sense for some supreme being to just snap his fingers and *POOF* here is the earth, and *POOF* here are humans. To thinking minds, this makes much less sense than evolution. In fact, you are arguing that the only way we could have come into existence is by a god wishing us into existence. This is a heck of a lot more fantastical than billions and billions of years of evolution.

Every time you post you prove you lack any knowledge on evolution, so please, educate yourself and read a few books on the subject before you start thinking you know something.
Eusebius is a lost cause in this particular debate.

I suspect half of what he says is just playing devils advocate, for entertainment purposes.

Old 10-22-2015, 10:29 AM

63,811 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I suspect half of what he says is just playing devils advocate, for entertainment purposes.
I tend to agree. His freeze-dried food and now a transgender Adam clearly would suggest he is just exercising his creativity.

Old 10-22-2015, 10:29 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,019 times
Quote:

Yes, I have been suspecting for awhile that Eusie is ONLY here to do that very thing. I don't even think he believes half the crap he says, and if he does, then he is truly a lost cause. I think he is here for nothing more than saying dumb stuff for entertainment.

Old 10-22-2015, 10:38 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I tend to agree. His freeze-dried food and now a transgender Adam clearly would suggest he is just exercising his creativity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Yes, I have been suspecting for awhile that Eusie is ONLY here to do that very thing. I don't even think he believes half the crap he says, and if he does, then he is truly a lost cause. I think he is here for nothing more than saying dumb stuff for entertainment.
LOL.

Transgender Adam? I hadn't heard that one. Maybe Adam was freeze-dried and god just reconstituted him? Would make as much sense.

If only Eusebius had written the bible. It would have been so much more entertaining.

Old 10-22-2015, 11:19 AM

18,493 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:

Yes, I have wondered that as well.

In case anyone hasn't already heard of Poe's Law:

Poe's Law - RationalWiki

Old 10-22-2015, 11:32 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
What kinds of gene mutations are possible? - Genetics Home Reference

That's a US government website that explains in fairly easy to understand language what type of mutations are possible.

Here's another:

http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/handbook/muta...s/genemutation

Old 10-22-2015, 11:50 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
So that would be translated "No, I cannot provide an example of a beneficial mutation of the DNA sequence".
The entire biological range of animal and plant species is an example. Their survival is due of beneficial mutations.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:03 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
There's at least 13 billion years of time for that "miracle" to happen all told. And at least 3 Billion years for it to have happened only on earth. We may learn that it happened in some sort of peculiar way that nobody had speculated, but I'm pretty certain it won't be the way middle eastern tribesmen conjured up.

See its a much different mindset to humbly continue learning in life, accepting when your previous work was in error, and moving forward continuing on to make more progress to explain things better. Leaving ego and the need for self-validation aside from that endeavor.

Science (and the vast majority of scientists) doesn't claim to have every answer, right this moment, for your personal satisfaction. Religion does & promotes rigidity of thought...which is why it is so comforting to shut off the brain's innate skepticism and just accept comfortable inaccuracies rather than uncomfortable facts.
In other words, none of you can tell us where the single celled amoeba came from, how it originated. I believe the ones who have shut off the brain's innate skepticism are those who have accepted the common error of evolution with all the inaccuracies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality