Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 08:41 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Well, Jeffy, since you follow me around like a puppy.... I'll have to start re-posting Mystic's posts so you will see what you have missed.

You're welcome.
You got a little shadow???...I think that Mike used to stalk me like that too, at least it seemed like that for every post I put up, he'd come behind and tell me that I'm wrong...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 08:53 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
This has been explained many times before.
If I am reading you correct I am aware that God supposedly made a pact not to destroy life again but I was referring that in my opinion people do not deserve to be destroyed in mass or perhaps you might be meaning that I do not see the evil in the children that God does and that I would agree except for the part about there being a god.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:40 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You got a little shadow???...I think that Mike used to stalk me like that too, at least it seemed like that for every post I put up, he'd come behind and tell me that I'm wrong...
There he would be right He must have beat me to it.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
If I am reading you correct I am aware that God supposedly made a pact not to destroy life again but I was referring that in my opinion people do not deserve to be destroyed in mass or perhaps you might be meaning that I do not see the evil in the children that God does and that I would agree except for the part about there being a god.
Who says the children are necessarily evil ?

Old 11-03-2015, 01:01 AM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Every one of my posts is a defense of Christ and His Gospel, not the apostate anti-Christ dogma that dominates the majority as prophesied for these "latter days." Jeff what you think you are defending is ancient ignorance and primitive superstition that corrupted Christ's Gospel of agape love for us all. God never ever needed a blood sacrifice for any reason. That is pure primitive barbarism and ignorance writ large. Corrupting Christ's loving sacrifice of His life to our ignorant ancestors' brutality and primitive beliefs in blood sacrifices is the single biggest travesty of the apostate anti-Christ majority. Talk about completely missing the point and revering the wrong thing!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I have never once seen you say anything positive about God's word and you are always in agreement with atheists from what I've seen. If you have such disregard for the OT then you are saying Jesus Christ was a liar in the NT since he frequently referred to the OT in his teachings.
You are intent on NOT understanding my reverence for the Bible as a source of inspirations from God because for you everything in it MUST be 100% true, which is preposterous! It telss us of jesus and it gives us enough information that we can understand the "mind of Christ" as a representative of the mind of God. You refuse to use that knowledge and the Spirit of agape love that Jesus embodied to TEST the Spirit of what is in the Bible and ONLY use those verses that are compatible and consistent with the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God). Now, pay attention and stop lying about me and my reverence for the scriptures. I use them intelligently, NOT blindly. I have studied to show myself approved over decades. You have simply accepted whole hog whatever you have been told and parroted it back.

Old 11-03-2015, 06:41 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are intent on NOT understanding my reverence for the Bible as a source of inspirations from God because for you everything in it MUST be 100% true, which is preposterous! It telss us of jesus and it gives us enough information that we can understand the "mind of Christ" as a representative of the mind of God. You refuse to use that knowledge and the Spirit of agape love that Jesus embodied to TEST the Spirit of what is in the Bible and ONLY use those verses that are compatible and consistent with the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God). Now, pay attention and stop lying about me and my reverence for the scriptures. I use them intelligently, NOT blindly. I have studied to show myself approved over decades. You have simply accepted whole hog whatever you have been told and parroted it back.
If you can't have faith that the entire Bible is the Word of God, how can you trust any of it? Now your faith becomes only your opinion on which passages should be accepted. On the other hand, I've witnessed pastors mine hundreds of sermon messages throughout the entire Bible and people get saved as a result. The Holy Spirit wouldn't be working through text that was "barbaric" and wrong.

Furthermore, your constant support and high fiving of atheists certainly won't lead people to Christ. Rather the opposite.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:38 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,385,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
If you can't have faith that the entire Bible is the Word of God, how can you trust any of it? Now your faith becomes only your opinion on which passages should be accepted. On the other hand, I've witnessed pastors mine hundreds of sermon messages throughout the entire Bible and people get saved as a result. The Holy Spirit wouldn't be working through text that was "barbaric" and wrong.

Furthermore, your constant support and high fiving of atheists certainly won't lead people to Christ. Rather the opposite.
Wow... Hell hath frozen over! I agree with Jeff!

On the other hand, if you do believe that the entire Bible is the word of God, any sane person could not reconcile all the unbelievable crap in it.... so....

Old 11-03-2015, 07:47 AM

689 posts, read 494,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Wow... Hell hath frozen over! I agree with Jeff!

On the other hand, if you do believe that the entire Bible is the word of God, any sane person could not reconcile all the unbelievable crap in it.... so....
That or the deity is a psychopath which should be exterminated!

Old 11-03-2015, 08:04 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Who says the children are necessarily evil ?

Jeff claimed that the children during Noah's time were evil and all needed to be destroyed. I do not see the children of today as evil hence I conculded that they must be better children than the ones of those times. Not believing in Noah, God, end times or people are naturally evil makes this all a moot point of course. The image of drowing baby kola bears, tiny giraffes and of couse baby bunnies along with infants and toddlers is not a nice one. On the posiitve side though the baby koalas, giraffes and bunnies did have 120 years to mend their ways. Did baby bunnies live that long back then?

Old 11-03-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Jeff claimed that the children during Noah's time were evil and all needed to be destroyed. I do not see the children of today as evil hence I conculded that they must be better children than the ones of those times. Not believing in Noah, God, end times or people are naturally evil makes this all a moot point of course. The image of drowing baby kola bears, tiny giraffes and of couse baby bunnies along with infants and toddlers is not a nice one. On the posiitve side though the baby koalas, giraffes and bunnies did have 120 years to mend their ways. Did baby bunnies live that long back then?
You'll get it eventually, Jeff was probably referring to the children as following in their evil ways as their parents and that is a possibility but I believe there is one more reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality