Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 08:38 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Of course women are always in control when it comes to sex, and never have any problem finding a sexual partner...I learned this many many, years ago....
I have no idea why men think that. So not true! I can understand if you live in an area with a really low female population or if you are referring to super attractive females, but I am not really buying that. Then again even super models and female celebrates that are far more physically attractive then the average female have partners that cheat on them. Maybe cheating/ adultery is more of a character flaw. Not sure. Re religion and cheating... maybe I am hitting in on the nail being with someone Muslim. The punishment for adultery is 100 lashes . That alone regardless of any moral dilemma should be enough to keep someone in a marriage honest. I don't know about you, but I can not think of anyone that would be worth fooling around with to get a 100 lashes for . Then again I do actually know if #2 cheated on me. #3 not likely. He has pretty descent self control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 08:50 AM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
You are just as attracted to them. Dating religious men is your pattern, and each relationship has ended with their religion as cause.

If you are attracted to religious men, and you do not share some of their beliefs, why are you dating them? You can choose not to date them.
You get into the relationship knowing it will end, but you do it anyway.

This is not about them being attracted to you. It is why you are attracted to them. If you set yourself up for failure you will fail. Relationships work the same.

Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different outcome is failure.
this is excellent
she (the opening post person) chooses to be with these men, and that it happens repetitively IS significant. She clearly considers herself "superior" to them, so it can also be a way of being able to maintain her own sense of superiority

it is also the definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome

Old 11-11-2015, 11:33 AM

Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
this is excellent
she (the opening post person) chooses to be with these men, and that it happens repetitively IS significant. She clearly considers herself "superior" to them, so it can also be a way of being able to maintain her own sense of superiority

it is also the definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome
Never felt superior to any of these men. I question if you are reading in to this your own personal bias against religious people? I do agree with your comment regarding insanity, though I think people are too complex to say each situation is identical. Each of these men has different personality, interests and views. They are certainly no carbon copies of each other. This is the only one common thread. All 3 relationships were/ are meaningful. Even though I have no intention of becoming religious may their religious views have had a positive influence on me too. It could also be balancing things out. Maybe the risks of possible disappointment are worth it in the long run? Maybe I am insanse, but at least 2 out of the 3 were actually good people that I don't think sound ever do anything to hurt or harm me intentionally. #2 was all over the map and the hardest person to understand. Oh well ... Insanse it could be.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:28 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
#3 Devout Muslim thought I might actually convert some day. No idea where he got that messed up idea
Obviously from Sally Field's film, "Not Without My Daughter". But beware: he now knows all the tricks Sally pulled to get her kidnapped daughter back from Syria.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:41 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Never felt superior to any of these men. I question if you are reading in to this your own personal bias against religious people?
No, your own posts and your own words indicate abundantly that you consider yourself superior:

Quote:
It just annoys me because I find religious people often so judgmental and narrow minded and as they are only human like the rest of us but often pretend to have all the answers. I find it so bizarre that they need some dogma to follow to be okay.

someone like me may have had a positive influence of him as he now appears to be open minded and critical of his previous beliefs.

part of my contribution to society as a whole ... pushing the idea of critical thinking rather then just excepting things with blind faith

wants to eventually go back to their birth country and wants me to go with them and I have NO intention to do that because I HATE it there

I could not standing dealing with all this religious monkey business for eternity ... that sort of sums up how disinterested I was in being engulfed in all this religious stuff

almost like a spiritual challenge, but boy too bad they did not realize there were going to be outplayed

religious people in the back of my head I am always worried they are trying to con me in to converting.

For some crazy reason he thought I might actually convert some day. No idea where he got that messed up idea, but that is never going to happen.

I have no desire to follow any religious stuff

praying and thinking that certain holidays or eating certain things are bad annoys the heck out of me.

Old 11-11-2015, 04:37 PM

Default Objective observation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Obviously from Sally Field's film, "Not Without My Daughter". But beware: he now knows all the tricks Sally pulled to get her kidnapped daughter back from Syria.
LOL ... how many times have I got that one thrown at me. Based on my exposure to many faiths and cultures in north American and in other countries around the world the risk of a partner kidnapping a child in another country is not much better anywhere. It just takes one person with illogical thinking to make that happen. This happens all over the world. This is just a story about 1 person. I have heard stories from all different angles. This also happens in the US and Canada. You don't really realized how little the legal system and how difficulty these situations can be to deal with until you get stuck in this position. I have no reason to believe my current partner would do anything to harm me or our child. I do not think there is a greater risk because he is Muslim then if he was a fanatical Jehova Witness, Christian, atheist or anything other religion. There is nothing in any religion that I aware of that clearly outlines kidnapping as an acceptable action. We should not assume that all people that practice any religion think the same way of any or all topics regardless.

Old 11-11-2015, 04:39 PM

Default That is your interpretation..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
No, your own posts and your own words indicate abundantly that you consider yourself superior:
Actually after review of what I have wrote I think that is your interpretation of what I have said. You are entitled to your opinion, but that is not what I meant or think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality