Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2015, 02:10 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
//www.city-data.com/forum/41983416-post537.html

You are not providing Scientific Objections to Evolution by saying I haven't.
Are you confused, or just frustrated?

By the way here is a quote from another scientist that you think endorses your point of view....

We should all oppose - as Darwin did - views manifestly in conflict with the evidence, such as creationism... But we shouldn't set up this debate as 'religion v science'; instead we should strive for peaceful coexistence with at least the less dogmatic strands of mainstream religions, which number many excellent scientists among their adherents.
Martin Rees

Last edited by sanspeur; 11-18-2015 at 02:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 02:24 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Are you confused, or just frustrated?

By the way here is a quote from another scientist that you think endorses you point of view....

We should all oppose - as Darwin did - views manifestly in conflict with the evidence, such as creationism... But we shouldn't set up this debate as 'religion v science'; instead we should strive for peaceful coexistence with at least the less dogmatic strands of mainstream religions, which number many excellent scientists among their adherents.
Martin Rees
This video of Martin Rees here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4E_bT4ecgk

shows he is in line with the scientific facts that an Intelligent Designer is behind the creation.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:26 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
No, you ATTEMPTED to pass the clip off as a scientist, who is a deist BTW, of denouncing evolution. One can only assume that either you didn't actually know the content of the clip, or you didn't understand the content.
I never said the video was to denounce evolution. I said it was promoting the scientific evidence for an Intelligent Designer.

Old 11-18-2015, 03:08 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
This video of Martin Rees here:

shows he is in line with the scientific facts that an Intelligent Designer is behind the creation.
No it doesn't it is just cherry picking....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDgzRIiQ4b8

Old 11-18-2015, 03:24 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
I never said the video was to denounce evolution. I said it was promoting the scientific evidence for an Intelligent Designer.
No you didn't, not when you posted it originally. Man, are you ever the revisionist! Is that a fundie trait? Never mind answering that, we know it is.

Here is what you originally said when you posted that video:

Quote:
Atheist Physicists Prove God. Anthropic Principle Fails

Martin John Rees, Baron Rees of Ludlow, OM, FRS, FREng, FMedSci[2] (born 23 June 1942) is a British cosmologist and astrophysicist. He has been Astronomer Royal since 1995[3][4] and was Master of Trinity College, Cambridge from 2004 to 2012 and President of the Royal Society between 2005 and 2010.[5]

Leonard Susskind (born May 20, 1940)[2][3] is the Felix Bloch professor of Theoretical physics at Stanford University, and director of the Stanford Institute for Theoretical Physics. His research interests include string theory, quantum field theory, quantum statistical mechanics and quantum cosmology.[1] He is a member of the National Academy of Sciences of the US,[4] and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences,[5] an associate member of the faculty of Canada's Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics,[6] and a distinguished professor of the Korea Institute for Advanced Study.[7]

Susskind is widely regarded as one of the fathers of string theory,[8] having, with Yoichiro Nambu and Holger Bech Nielsen, independently introduced the idea that particles could in fact be states of excitation of a relativistic string.[9] He was the first to introduce the idea of the string theory landscape in 2003.[10][11]

There is nothing in that posting that says "Intelligent" or "Design"

Old 11-18-2015, 03:47 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Just a reminder that the man with whom you are arguing believes that another man once lived inside a giant fish for three (3) days.

Old 11-18-2015, 04:47 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Well then, why don't you produce one that mentions God instead of telling me what people have said?

Your task on this thread is to produce Scientific objections to Evolution..... So far you have failed dismally.
They didn't do very well on this thread...but the other similar thread had something I checked out that had sumthin: //www.city-data.com/forum/41891760-post177.html Nobody addressed it in that thread.

If you look at those links...and watch the twelve short clips...it gives something to think about.
I'm sure we will figure it out...but haven't as of yet.

The BEST way to deal with it all...is to adopt a Pantheist ideology!! It covers all the bases. If "All the Energy/Matter That Exists and has Existed" is "GOD"...then God does everything, and is everything. Nothing is supernatural, just natural things that can be viewed as super. And nobody ever passes a collection plate in front of you so they can buy a new big black Cadillac.
If EVERYTHING isn't "God" relative to us...then NOTHING qualifies, and they should just do away with the word.
Plus...we have evolved to be Theist.

Old 11-18-2015, 04:52 PM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Just a reminder that the man with whom you are arguing believes that another man once lived inside a giant fish for three (3) days.
That's not unique to Eusebius. My church took the Jonah story literally as well.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:26 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Why do you believe scientists on everything else that you find personally convenient? How can you be sure you are not engaging in witchcraft simply by using your computer?

There is no need for such scientist-level expertise from everyone that believes in or conveniently relies on scientific ideas.

Word of advice, no credible and skeptical individual believes in evolution because they saw an Image, animated or otherwise (such as Paul and Catholics propose they did and were convinced by it). It's simply about the logic of the proposition and the available evidence, the outcome of it's predictions, and the experts that are trusted to be experts on the evidence, theories, and products from those theories (such as genetically modified crops, mutation breeding, scientific research on animal models reflecting human evolutionary connections, etc).

See the word 'evidence' again.

You have * NOT * seen and verified the evidence, neither do you have qualifications to verify the evidence, but you simply have a blind faith on what was told to you by a group of scientists. It was your choice to put your faith into it by using your intelligence and logic - and it's my choice to NOT put my faith in it using my intelligence and logic. We both are blind followers but we both have faith in two different and opposite things.

Last edited by GoCardinals; 11-18-2015 at 07:34 PM..

Old 11-18-2015, 07:33 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander;41977040[B
]If you feel you do not need to learn what evolution is why do you have the need to attack it with your false statements[/b]. Why not simply say you believe in creation and leave it at that?

Science never proved that we were 98% and now 93% similar. The first was an estimate and the later when we developed the tools for accurate measurements. Science changes as new evidence comes forth.

But I think the evidence is that all you want to do is argue as evident by throwing new statements without addressing the old. You want to argue against evolution but claim you have no interest in knowing what it is about, you don't know what evidence is and have no clue what science is or how it works. I think either you are here just to rile people up or you are a person with weak faith. End OD story.
This is quite a disappointing post, actually.
I stopped reading after the first sentence.

I am disappointed that you felt I was "attacking" human evolution.

No Sir, I have repeatedly said, I respect, appreciate, acknowledge and promote scientific knowledge that benefits humanity. I have also said that evolutionist and creationists can co-exist without going after each other on this subject.
I have also posted a video of Abdul Raheem Green who echos my take on human evolution and faith in the same breadth.

Yet, you failed to grasp ALL of it.

I think your posts on this subject are not worth replying anymore since we are not on the same page.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality