Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2015, 11:07 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,064,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Pshaw.... doesn't count if he's using a paintbrush. Has to be a pen. Haven't you been keeping up?
Someone spent years to train him, yet the elephant can't learn it on it's own, and neither can it train it's off springs to paint. My point remains valid.

No matter how you try to twist it, you can't have it.

Human beings ARE THE ONLY ONES who learned the use of pen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 11:14 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,227,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Elephants are so smart but they are severely abused in order to learn how to paint. It breaks my heart to see how careful Suda is in order to make sure she does not make an error.

It makes me so freaking angry how humans harm everything on this planet just for a profit.

Elephant Artists? Here’s Why Making an Elephant Paint is Cruel, Not Cute | One Green Planet

Old 11-18-2015, 11:34 PM

10,939 posts, read 5,909,500 times
Well that's disappointing. Very sad in fact.

It's good thing that man was made perfect in the image of God or he might have done insanely cruel things to elephants.

Who cares about the stupid pen? Elephants are being abused, dammit!

Old 11-18-2015, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Well that's disappointing. Very sad in fact.

It's good thing that man was made perfect in the image of God or he might have done insanely cruel things to elephants.

Who cares about the stupid pen? Elephants are being abused, dammit!
It really is sad. It's just as bad as the bears in China being tortured just for their bear bile.

Humans who abuse animals are the most disgusting horrid beasts on this planet.

No god or intelligent design at work on this planet full of evil perpetuated solely by humans.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:57 PM

33,511 posts, read 37,042,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Elephants are so smart but they are severely abused in order to learn how to paint. It breaks my heart to see how careful Suda is in order to make sure she does not make an error.

It makes me so freaking angry how humans harm everything on this planet just for a profit.

Elephant Artists? Here’s Why Making an Elephant Paint is Cruel, Not Cute | One Green Planet
Now that is just sad...I had no idea.....

Old 11-19-2015, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Now that is just sad...I had no idea.....
No worries...all I can really do is help raise awareness.

I am a huge animal fan and am aware of many of the abuses done to the most magnificent of creatures on earth. The human species is so disturbing to the peace on this planet. Of all the horrors that we continuously hear about throughout our lives...it's always the humans that are responsible.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:23 AM

33,511 posts, read 37,042,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Someone spent years to train him, yet the elephant can't learn it on it's own, and neither can it train it's off springs to paint. My point remains valid.

Your point is pointless, and has nothing whatever to do with the topic of this thread....Humans do not learn to use a pen on their own....They have to be taught.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:25 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,597,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post

No, your point remains ludicrous and nonsensical. Why are you obsessed with writing implements? Can you please explain exactly when and how the black Parker Classic with gold trim that I carry in my shirt pocket every day became irrefutable evidence that Adam and Eve were created by god?

I feel like this thread has morphed into a Saturday Night Live skit. Your argument could not possibly be more absurd even if you were deliberately trying to make it so. If you truly believe this is a logical point, it's just further evidence that science denial is a diagnostic criteria for cognitive dysfunction.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
No, your point remains ludicrous and nonsensical. Why are you obsessed with writing implements? Can you please explain exactly when and how the black Parker Classic with gold trim that I carry in my shirt pocket every day became irrefutable evidence that Adam and Eve were created by god?

I feel like this thread has morphed into a Saturday Night Live skit. Your argument could not possibly be more absurd even if you were deliberately trying to make it so. If you truly believe this is a logical point, it's just further evidence that science denial is a diagnostic criteria for cognitive dysfunction.
The only thing that gives me peace is knowing that there are only 2 posters in this thread who have this nonsensical idiotic backwards bronze age mind.

Perhaps their gene for rationale was deleted by Natural Selection as a means to eradicate these types of minds. After all it's not the majority of the population that think this way.

Old 11-19-2015, 01:31 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,622,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
The only thing that gives me peace is knowing that there are only 2 posters in this thread who have this nonsensical idiotic backwards bronze age mind.

Perhaps their gene for rationale was deleted by Natural Selection as a means to eradicate these types of minds. After all it's not the majority of the population that think this way.
Ummm...maybe not the majority of the U.S. population...but, unfortunately, there are hundreds of millions in this world with a Fundie Religious mindset.
MOF...there are lots of people, right this very minute, that feel people like you and I should be eliminated from the Earth...and they would do that if they could. All based on their Religious views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality