Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 12:15 PM

18,461 posts, read 9,108,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
A lot of people die every day, too. But it's still immoral and illegal to go about killing people.
It's not immoral for the Christian God to kill people. Right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 11:47 AM

769 posts, read 826,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootswilson View Post
If you believe that life begins at conception, why would one method of murder be "worse" than the other?
I think anyone who believes life begins at conception has a lot more problems than this to worry about...

Old 11-19-2015, 12:07 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,138,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
It's not immoral for the Christian God to kill people. Right?
The fact that he made you means he can do what he wants with you. But I've also been crystal clear that the nut job claiming to be channeling God and doing it for him is wrong.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You want to believe embryos and fetuses are people?

That's fine with me............... until you try to force others to live by your beliefs.
I've never tried to force anyone to live by my beliefs regarding in vitro.

Old 11-19-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
The fact that he made you means he can do what he wants with you.
So your God can kick me in the nuts whenever he wants to, and that's perfectly moral, just because (according to you) he made me?

Who created that little rule?

Quote:
But I've also been crystal clear that the nut job claiming to be channeling God and doing it for him is wrong.
I feel so much better now, knowing there are people like you who speak out against religious nut jobs who claim to have direct access to the mind of God.

Old 11-19-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
So your God can kick me in the nuts whenever he wants to, and that's perfectly moral, just because (according to you) he made me?

If you create something, you can do with it what you want, as well. When you were in 1st grade, did you ever play with clay? Did you make a nice ashtray for your parents, then decide to destroy it and make a cup? It was your choice--you made it.

Old 11-19-2015, 02:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,091,970 times
Quote:

Human beings interpreting the Bible.

Old 11-19-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
If you create something, you can do with it what you want, as well. When you were in 1st grade, did you ever play with clay? Did you make a nice ashtray for your parents, then decide to destroy it and make a cup? It was your choice--you made it.
"Your honor, I made that sword myself, so I'm not really guilty of murder even though I stabbed someone to death with it."

Old 11-19-2015, 03:42 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,094,900 times
Quote:
This, in a nutshell, ladies and germs, is the essence of the fundamentalist mindset.

Thank God it's dying.

Old 11-19-2015, 04:10 PM

63,570 posts, read 39,862,781 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
This, in a nutshell, ladies and germs, is the essence of the fundamentalist mindset.
Thank God it's dying.
It can't die soon enough, Trout. It completely denies the existence of an absolute moral standard, despite the fact that we are told to learn one!!???!! What is the point of learning a moral standard when no such standard exists??? God's capricious whims, according to Vizio and the fundies, are what are moral, and they irrationally contradict one another. Christ came to reveal the TRUE NATURE of God and His true absolute standard of morality,. . . agape love. Jesus demonstrated it unambiguously, despite extreme scourging and crucifixion. We are told to test the Spirit of everything against the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God) under the guidance of the Comforter sent in Christ's name. Vizio tests the Spirit of nothing and simply accepts whatever contradictory and inconsistent nonsense is in the Bible using the excuse that "God's ways are not our ways," and similar tripe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality