Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 02:01 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I asked you a specific question, which you either can not, or refuse to, answer. Instead, you deflect and obfuscate.

Be a man and be honest. Either answer or say you can't. Both are real and acceptable.
And I asked you this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Likewise, can you point us to ANY peer reviewed and published in accredited journal study which scientifically proves humans evolved from a single cell?

If not, why not?
"Now be a man and be honest. Either answer or say you can't. Both are real and acceptable."

Old 11-18-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
I guess when a fundie does not have a point to make, they try and deflect.

Answer the question, don't throw your own back. You're showing the weakness of your argument by doing so.
No, you answer me. Your lack of answering me shows the weakness of your argument.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:02 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Apparently, millions of actual scientists didn't get your memo.
If they had, I'm sure the percentage of scientists who died laughing would have increased significantly.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:04 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
And I asked you this:

"Now be a man and be honest. Either answer or say you can't. Both are real and acceptable."
I guess you don't understand debate.

I asked YOU a question, and all you did was attempt to deflect with a question of your own. That doesn't advance anything.

Either answer the question, or say you can't. Either is a legitimate answer.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:25 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,813,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I hardly think that murdering over 50 million people is based on emotion.

There is no scientific justification for evolution. There is absolutely no proof mankind evolved from a single cell. There is likewise absolutely no proof mankind evolved from a knuckle dragger. It is just based on their say so, not verifiable science.
You make my point. Thanks.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:26 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,813,167 times
Quote:
I guess when a fundie does not have a point to make, they try and deflect.

Answer the question, don't throw your own back. You're showing the weakness of your argument by doing so.
Yes, they must. It's axiomatic.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:26 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
Because you are brainwashed and blinded to know what science actually is.

======
Because true science is a repeatable and predictable process for a truth (which repeats infinitively) to be confirmed.

We make use of the predictability of science to land the surface of moon. It's because its predictability is 100% accurate without risk. The risk comes from the inaccuracy introduced by the applying of science.

Another example,
Given water we can anytime predict correctly (100%) how it dissolves into oxygen and hydrogen. If your this prediction truly fails you deserve a Nobel Prize.

Given a single cell organism, you can never predict how it turns to a monkey (not even once).

That marks the difference between a true science (which confirms a truth 100%) and a false science (without any predictability).

True science doesn't need God to stand as a truth. It is because humans (including scientists) mistakenly reckoned evolution as a true science that they demand a no-God explanation of how living organisms come to exist.

Scientists are not intentionally promote false data. Or rather promoting false data is already the best they can do in terms of seeking a truth.*

It is because we cannot use a lab set up to make the process predictable, as a true evolution (shall it exist) may need millions of years to complete. Thus even scientists gave up the scientific approach in pursuing such a truth. They gave up the research on how natural environment (temperature, humidity and etc.) drives a single cell organism step by step for it to become, say, a monkey. Instead, they look into history to try to establish a case close to the truth. History however is a one time event, history won't repeat itself for the predictability of science to display.

Scientists are holding onto such a theory because it's already what the best can be done (i.e., without assuming God's existence).
Sciences that are false science : evolution, geology, phsysical geography, stratigraphy, paleonotology, cosmology, ecology, biogeograpy, paleoclimatology, archaelogy and palynogy.

We do not study glacials or the ocean in a lab nor do we study the universe and repeat experiments on it in a lab. Ice ages are a one time event in that they do not repeat themselves each new one is different.

Some of your so called true sciences have had to change with new evidence even though they were tested and confirmed multiple times in a lab. But in the lab they did not see everything. And a chemical reaction or an evolutionary change neither need God to stand as a truth so no idea what you are claiming. As i mentioned to another poster I will take the defintion of a science from the universities and the scientific associations over that from some random person on the internet. You made a claim that only some sciences are true sciences now prove that all the ones I mentioned are false sciences.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:30 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Likewise, can you point us to ANY peer reviewed and published in accredited journal study which scientifically proves humans evolved from a single cell?
Here you go....More evidence for you to ignore...

Regulated aggregative multicellularity in a close unicellular relative of metazoa | eLife

Cell differentiation and morphogenesis in the colony-forming choanoflagellate Salpingoeca rosetta

Research | The King Lab

Old 11-18-2015, 02:59 PM

Sorry to have to inform you but those links do not PROVE humans evolved from a single cell. So you did not answer my question. You would have been just as far ahead to post a link to coat zippers proving humans evolved from the single cell.

Old 11-18-2015, 03:21 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,445,317 times
Because Evangelicals/Fundamentalists need a bogey man. Meanwhile they turn a blind eye to their favorite sins of Divorce and Adultery, lest their membership numbers decline, undermining their conquer-and-divide strategy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality