Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 10:37 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Thank you for making my point.

You believe that you have direct access to the mind of someone who you believe has absolute authority over the entire human race.
No. I really don't. I've never claimed that. God has given his Word though, and you have the same access to it that anyone else does.
Quote:
That's theo-fascism. It's the same type of belief system behind ISIL.
No...not so much. No Christian says they are commanded by God to kill.
Quote:
Your authoritarianism is so blatant that I sometimes wonder if you are being genuine or if you are just an online parodist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 10:41 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,367,893 times
Now it's just you two responding. C'mon guys.

Old 11-14-2015, 11:17 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
A despot, similar to the leader of North Korea. You will either agree with him and obey his every whim or you will be tortured for eternity. (While he claims that he loves you)

Old 11-14-2015, 11:24 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Instead, maybe like people who commit domestic violence. I will kill and torture you, because I love you.

Old 11-14-2015, 01:33 PM

360 posts, read 234,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
If you brought a psychologist to study God, how would God be diagnosed?

Don't use the easy cop-out "I don't believe in God", answer anyway, based on what you know.
Assuming God is a duality, psychologists would diagnose God as schizophrenia.

Old 11-14-2015, 01:46 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earl012 View Post
Assuming God is a duality, psychologists would diagnose God as schizophrenia.
Is schizophrenia a duality? I thought is was basically dreaming while awake, hence the hallucinations. I knew a schizo once and that's what he did.

I would say God has delusions of grandiose.

By the way, if a potter made a bad pot through his own incompetence, then in anger wants to destroy that pot for being bad, I'd say that pot has the right to bring in a shrink!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Probably about the same as if you brought a clay pot to a potter to analyze the potter. May sound ridiculous....but so does the thought of a psychologist using human intellect and reason to analyze God. Why would one even suppose the creation could question the creator? You ask a question that simply makes no sense to anyone that has a grasp of God that is even remotely Biblical.

Old 11-14-2015, 01:46 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
No. I really don't. I've never claimed that. God has given his Word though, and you have the same access to it that anyone else does.
Either way, you believe to know the mind of the Christian God, without any evidence to support such an extraordinary claim. That's delusional and dangerous.

Quote:
No...not so much. No Christian says they are commanded by God to kill.
Nonetheless you believe that all humans deserve to be killed, unless they convert to your religion. Just like the Muslim extremists.

Last edited by Freak80; 11-14-2015 at 02:01 PM..

Old 11-14-2015, 08:03 PM

19,029 posts, read 27,592,838 times
Quote:
Well, that would be my first impulse. But then I settled on Paranoid Schizophrenic.

God dreams up all these humans that only he can see. And he has crazed fears that make him hurt people because of irrational fear of betrayal. Follow these laws that make no sense, or you're a sinner and you must be my enemy.

And bipolar/borderline, since we have these odd destructive tantrums, and addition to sunshine and rainbows. Antisocial doesn't really work for someone who isn't an absolute sadist.

I'll leave this between you and god, but let me ask you this. As apparently you are a properly educated and experienced judger of all kinds of people and spiritual beings.
What is then a person that goes to school, spends years on special education, takes board exems, then goes to work and starts treating patients, charging anywhere between $140 to several thousand an hour or does some fancy shmancy research in a specialty that no one knows what its subject actually is?
What might that specialty be? Well, dear, that's human psyche, actually. No matter what you think, believe, or want to hear - NO ONE knows what human psyche is.
What would be your judgement on that person then?

Old 11-15-2015, 07:43 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Either way, you believe to know the mind of the Christian God, without any evidence to support such an extraordinary claim. That's delusional and dangerous.

Except the Words he has given us.
Quote:

Nonetheless you believe that all humans deserve to be killed, unless they convert to your religion. Just like the Muslim extremists.
Every human being deserves hell. It's up to God to determine when we each die and when we will be judged. The ones that trust Christ will not get what they deserve, but will instead go to Heaven.

That is different from a Muslim extremist who tries to expedite the process.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:55 AM

689 posts, read 494,657 times
Quote:
If you brought a psychologist to study God, how would God be diagnosed?

Don't use the easy cop-out "I don't believe in God", answer anyway, based on what you know.
A psychopath!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality