Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your view on abortion
I believe abortion takes a life and I believe in God. 12 14.12%
I believe abortion takes a life and I am a Christian. 36 42.35%
I believe abortion takes a life and I am an agnostic. 2 2.35%
I believe abortion takes a life and I am an atheist. 6 7.06%
I believe abortion takes a life and I am of another religion. 2 2.35%
I believe abortion DOES NOT take a life and I believe in God. 2 2.35%
I believe abortion DOES NOT take a life and I am a Christian. 10 11.76%
I believe abortion DOES NOT take a life and I am an agnostic. 7 8.24%
I believe abortion DOES NOT take a life and I am an atheist. 6 7.06%
I believe abortion DOES NOT take a life and I am of another religion. 2 2.35%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 03:02 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,005,097 times

Advertisements

Thanks for those who answered, no bias in the questions...you either do or you don't. It's that simple.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:03 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,005,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
I believe in a woman's right to choose.
What about the fathers right to not have his child sucked down a sink? Just curious on your take in that regard.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:41 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,831,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
What about the fathers right to not have his child sucked down a sink? Just curious on your take in that regard.
The father should have the right to see the egg that he fertilized grow into a full term baby and be born into the world, just as soon as they figure out how to transfer the fetus into his body.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:52 PM

194 posts, read 361,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
The father should have the right to see the egg that he fertilized grow into a full term baby and be born into the world, just as soon as they figure out how to transfer the fetus into his body.
Why is it that a man who "chooses" to opt out of fatherhood and refuses to pay child support or have anything to do with his child is called a "dead beat dad" and a loser, yet a women who opts out of being a mother is celebrated for exerting control over her body.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:54 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Quote:
Thanks for those who answered, no bias in the questions...you either do or you don't. It's that simple.
Quote:
You just made it difficult

Old 02-02-2008, 04:12 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
CLEARLY biased poll. Refuse to answer.

Old 02-02-2008, 04:39 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,793 times
Quote:
You are at liberty to have your own opinion, without a doubt, but it is in no way "that simple." If one believes there is a fundamental difference between such stages as embryo, fetus, and newborn, then, as you can see clearly, your poll does not account for those.

Old 02-02-2008, 05:02 PM

599 posts, read 1,260,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
I believe that abortion is the best way to rid a woman's body of some unwanted cells that may eventually develop into a human being.
Once those "unwanted cells" contain a beating heart is it still just unwanted cells?...or at what point do you consider it a life? Just an FYI, the heart starts beating at about four weeks after conception, so the vast majority of abortions are performed on preborn babies that have a beating heart.

Old 02-02-2008, 05:48 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,182,701 times
1. Does Life include having a soul?

2. If it does have a soul, what about those thousands of fertilized eggs frozen in fertility labs, possibly for centuries?

3. Would it be better to keep those souls frozen, or to dispose of them so that the soul can return to it's Maker?

4. If it's OK to thaw and dispose of those fertilized eggs, why is the egg in the woman different? A soul should be a soul regardless. Surely, if there's Life and a Soul, there is a place in The Heavenly Kingdom for it.

Having worked in an Obstetrician's office for some years, I can tell you that sometimes an abortion is the lesser of two evils. If the woman thinks it better to take that sin upon her ownself, she should be allowed to do so.

Old 02-02-2008, 06:35 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,732,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOG View Post
You are actually going to compare eating egg withs ending the actual life of a preborn baby? If something is bioligically growing, how can it only be potentially alive? A human being is either alive or dead and I would not use the term "dead" to describe a preborn baby that is continually growing and developing.

Because that something is not biologically growing on its own. If it could sustain life on its own, I'd be opposed to the abortion but that is not the case, now is it? And for the record, if you want to use biologically growing as a basis for argument, I'd say every part of the human---fetus, cells, nails and hair are biologically growing and part of a human being---does that mean every time I cut my nails, I'm committing murder then?

So yes good sir/madam, I am comparing eating an egg with ridding a part of a woman's body that she does not wish to support. If you want to start a debate, then leave emotion out of it and lets get to the nitty gritty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality