Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 03:40 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times

Advertisements

Thru all the childhood stuff, all the relationship stuff...all the studies of diff scriptures..all
the hours, all the decades of meditation...I now KNOW...I can live connected to the Lord 24/7.

There, I've said it.

It is not some place yogis and gurus reach; it is simply here...for me...now.

There, I've said it again. Limitations are illusions of past programmings...they are
paper chains made of nothing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 04:02 PM

18,494 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Miss...what is going on?

Old 11-21-2015, 04:17 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,788,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Thru all the childhood stuff, all the relationship stuff...all the studies of diff scriptures..all
the hours, all the decades of meditation...I now KNOW...I can live connected to the Lord 24/7.

There, I've said it.

There, I've said it again. Limitations are illusions of past programmings...they are
Miss H, I basically don't agree with your beliefs on anything, but I admire that you have made them work so well for you. If your faith, your belief and relation with the divine makes you happy, and a better person, more power to you.

Rejoice and be glad in the day that your Lord has made.

-NoCapo

Old 11-21-2015, 04:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Miss...what is going on?
Poor Freak....still flunking The Sixties 101.

Your homework this week is listening to George Harrison's "Within You, Without You" (Beatles -- Sgt Pepper album) and writing a stream-of-consciousness paper on what the phrase "With our love, we could save the world" means. (There is no 'right' answer, BTW....)

Free your mind. Did you buy the plant for your cubicle yet?

Last edited by DewDropInn; 11-21-2015 at 04:39 PM..

Old 11-21-2015, 05:24 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
illusions of past programmings...they are
yup....paper dragons

Old 11-21-2015, 05:32 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:

There, I've said it.

yeah. religion is a boat. when you reach yonder shore a few things can happen. Anywhere between:

If you need to burn the boat ya might want to consider paddling on because that beach is a small island.

and

You turn to push the boat back in to help others and all of it, I mean all of it, suddenly disappear.

you, dare I say we, stand there in stone cold, ball bagged, disbelief.

Old 11-21-2015, 10:41 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
You're more likely to believe in God as you get older: Study reveals

Belief in God is highest among older people and increases with age, researchers have revealed.

The findings are not all that staggering as it can be largely attributed to the growing realisation that death is coming close.

You're more likely to believe in God as you get older: Study reveals almost half of over-68s are 'certain' that He exists | Daily Mail Online

Freak80, looks like you were born in 1980, so you still have a little time before you really start getting worried,

Old 11-21-2015, 11:15 PM

63,812 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Thru all the childhood stuff, all the relationship stuff...all the studies of diff scriptures..all the hours, all the decades of meditation...I now KNOW...I can live connected to the Lord 24/7.
There, I've said it.
Amen, Miss H. I think it was about ten or 12 years or so after my epiphany that I no longer needed to wait for deep meditation to experience God's presence. It is literally 24/7. The middle of my forehead is never free of the pressure of His presence. (Shhhhh . . . . . They will think we are just going batsy, Miss H.)

Old 11-21-2015, 11:31 PM

18,494 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
You're more likely to believe in God as you get older: Study reveals

Belief in God is highest among older people and increases with age, researchers have revealed.

The findings are not all that staggering as it can be largely attributed to the growing realisation that death is coming close.

You're more likely to believe in God as you get older: Study reveals almost half of over-68s are 'certain' that He exists | Daily Mail Online

Freak80, looks like you were born in 1980, so you still have a little time before you really start getting worried,
Ever since 9-11-01 I have realized that any day could be my last. Now that I have escaped religion, I have never been more at peace with my own mortality.

Old 11-21-2015, 11:33 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Ever since 9-11-01 I have realized that any day could be my last. Now that I have escaped religion, I have never been more at peace with my own mortality.
And before 9/11, you believed you were immortal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality