Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 11:11 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
I am not jealous of rotten transgressors such as thou, I have
nothing but pity for you.
Just imagine, while you're spending your Sundays in church listening just some incantations, I'm involved with my partner, as they say, in lots of carnal knowledge.

Of course we both get to hear the word god used, although in my case it sounds more like "oh my god". And often there is an amen. And if things are going real right a third amen.

After all the amen's are done, we then go and sacrifice some porcine belly meat along with some unfertilized embryos. Along with an extract of a roasted tropical plant.

Then we will decide if any more amens are in order.

I'll take my religion over yours.

Last edited by cupper3; 11-27-2015 at 11:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2015, 12:21 PM

19,999 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yep. American Puritanism vs the Rest of the World.

Enjoy your trip. Mordant!
I am, very much, thanks. Prague's old city is fantastic ... so many different architectural styles, largely because the city was mostly untouched by WW2 so buildings all the way back to the 10th century are still in use. It should be on any cultural traveler's radar.

On the other hand we visited the Terezin prison north of Prague today ... not technically a concentration camp as it didn't have its own gas chambers (yet) before the war ended ... a place where people were used as slave labor until they were shipped to (mainly) Auschwitz (or died by the thousands of malnourishment and epidemics). Heartbreaking stuff, especially the Jewish children. Far more something to be on guard against than what consenting adults get up to in private. Seriously, with a couple of the people in the horse race for the US presidency, I think we're closer than we want to think we are, to repeating that sort of history again. :-(

Old 11-27-2015, 01:01 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Just imagine, while you're spending your Sundays in church listening just some incantations, I'm involved with my partner, as they say, in lots of carnal knowledge.

Of course we both get to hear the word god used, although in my case it sounds more like "oh my god". And often there is an amen. And if things are going real right a third amen.

After all the amen's are done, we then go and sacrifice some porcine belly meat along with some unfertilized embryos. Along with an extract of a roasted tropical plant.

reap what you sow.

Old 11-27-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
reap what you sow.
I do!

And it makes my loins quiver with joy.

Old 11-27-2015, 03:33 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
I am, very much, thanks. Prague's old city is fantastic ... so many different architectural styles, largely because the city was mostly untouched by WW2 so buildings all the way back to the 10th century are still in use. It should be on any cultural traveler's radar.
Seeing Czechoslovakia is on my bucket list. I'd especially like to see the places associated with the Uprising of 1968.

Old 11-27-2015, 03:47 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,668,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Seeing Czechoslovakia is on my bucket list. I'd especially like to see the places associated with the Uprising of 1968.
You'll probably have to go to The Czech Republic now. My nephew studied in the Czech Republic for a year and told us that the shrine to King (or Saint) Wenceslaus is worth a visit in Prague. Something to think about this time of year, since they wrote a Christmas Carol about him.

(Did you know The Czech Republic leads the world in per capita beer consumption? )

Old 11-27-2015, 04:16 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,876,001 times
Jesus said one commits adultery when lusting . He is pretty legalistic and a tough dude.

Old 11-27-2015, 05:20 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Then, you have lost God, if indeed you ever had Him.
The first sentence of my post was nothing more than
1 Corinthians 1:29 and John 6:63.
I would remind Christian bashers that Christianity is not the
only religion that says spiritual wholeness cannot be found
in pulsating sexual urges.
No disrespect Snowball7 but God doesn't feature in my life. That doesn't mean I disagree with the above. Having said that, I have a different perspective of 'spiritual wholeness'. To me it has nothing to do with religion. I realize that will probably sound very alien to you. Pulsating sexual urges are a God given blessing! God created man and woman and he saw that his creation was perfect, remember?

Don't disrespect the gift God gave man and woman!

Old 11-27-2015, 05:23 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post

Oh my God! You are wicked!

And wipe that silly grin off your face!

Old 11-27-2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Oh my God! You are wicked!
Oh, I can be!

Quote:
And wipe that silly grin off your face!
Hopefully not for many years,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality