Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-29-2015, 10:40 AM
 
18,791 posts, read 27,223,935 times
Reputation: 20150

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Let's face it, if you're the male cohort of the human species, you're well aware that the only organ that is external to the human body, are your testicles. All your other sensitive and vulnerable organs are well inside your body cavity protected.

The question becomes why? Well the scientific answer is that the human testicles have to be cooler the normal body temperature otherwise sperm will not be produced. Now the strange part about that is, that many mammals have internal testicles including rhinoceroses, all marine mammals, and elephants. Even more interesting is, that birds have internal testicles, and their body temperature is higher than humans.

If there was an intelligent designer out there, why would that designer make humans handicapped, yet be able to make rhinoceros testicles that can be internal?
Also strangely, males do cover testicles to keep them at certain temperature and ******* is the hottest outside area fo human body.Not sure why you do not consider penis to be an outside organ?
For design purposes, I'd rather have prostate on the outside and easy access, than where it is now.

But yoy see, thing is, there is really nothing strange or odd in the way it is designed. All you need to know is true origins of a male and female bodies. The very moment you learn that, you say - Oh, that's why! Makes sense.

So no surprise to me.

Besides, how else would they inflict pain on Bond in Quantum of Solace? Or whichever one it was... ya know..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-29-2015, 10:41 AM
 
18,791 posts, read 27,223,935 times
Reputation: 20150
s-crotum is censored? Kidding me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2015, 10:50 AM
 
2,085 posts, read 2,125,941 times
Reputation: 3498
This thread sux balls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2015, 11:26 AM
 
Location: Iowa, USA
6,542 posts, read 4,069,243 times
Reputation: 3805
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
How many have you offered so far, except for asking me to learn human evolution from Google. (read what's on the internet and believe)
Then use Google Scholar. It only provides peer reviewed sources if it's a higher standard of validity you're after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The why are human beings so adapted poorly for survival? Even primates have better survival physical bodies. They are stronger physically and have thick padded feet. Human beings? Without shoes, our feet would be a mess. Why would evolution evolve humans with weaker feet and sensitive skin that burns easily under the sun? Looks like the opposite should have occurred.

Human beings are much more susceptible to disease and cancer than even our supposely primate relatives.
If we really evolved from primates then evolution really sucks at survival.
There are more humans than any other ape. Obviously, we aren't that bad at surviving.

The human brain is the primary human trait that put them above other animals. We were smart enough to know that shoes would help us and how to construct them. We knew how to build tools to aid our survival, and thus humans with more limber hands survived.

The beauty of your argument however also implies and inept creator. God is awful at making things if humans are indeed as pathetic as you claim them to be. Which is odd, because I'm guessing you would never use this train of thought against your own argument, and therefore are a hypocrite, and I'm sure you know how Jesus felt about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lol, yeah, ignorance is so bliss. Sometimes how I wish I had less free will, I could just jump on the anti religion smash train. Be that as it may. Temperature is an issue due to the nature of the sperm. It has to carry a lot of information a pretty fair way.
Yeah, temperature is an issue for the sperm. That's the point. If an all powerful deity is making things, why make them in a less effective manner. Testicles are weak and fragile. If leaving the testicles in a state of vulnerability is necessary to keep sperm alive, this begs the question why this mastermind "intelligent" designer didn't just make heat resistant sperm, or at least sperm that can survive inside the body?

Let's do a comparison that creationists love doing. A human inventor is building a smart computer. It can transfer data through microchips attacked to a USB into a regular computer and give it a full upgrade. Sort of like reproduction. But, the microchip has a flaw. It cannot be contained in any material, as it needs constant access to air and sunlight to survive. Thus, it's exposed to other elements, like rain, which would short circuit the microchip. Would you not call this inventor bad at his job for not attempting to build a better microchip, especially since he's almost certainly capable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2015, 11:37 AM
 
Location: Somewhere Out West
2,287 posts, read 2,575,938 times
Reputation: 1955
Perhaps they have been put outside the body for sexual pleasure? Who doesn't enjoy having them massaged by their significant other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2015, 11:49 AM
 
Location: In a little house on the prairie - literally
10,202 posts, read 7,870,812 times
Reputation: 4559
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Perhaps they have been put outside the body for sexual pleasure? Who doesn't enjoy having them massaged by their significant other?
But then why is the prostate massage something that is not as easily done by your partner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2015, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Minnesota
2,526 posts, read 1,580,916 times
Reputation: 2765
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
But then why is the prostate massage something that is not as easily done by your partner.
And why does that delicious beautiful luscious pomegranate have a leathery tough skin and all those pesky seeds … ???

I guess "life, the universe and everything" were NOT designed according to OUR minute specifications, eh … ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2015, 02:19 PM
 
10,068 posts, read 5,682,317 times
Reputation: 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post

The human brain is the primary human trait that put them above other animals. We were smart enough to know that shoes would help us and how to construct them. We knew how to build tools to aid our survival, and thus humans with more limber hands survived.

The beauty of your argument however also implies and inept creator. God is awful at making things if humans are indeed as pathetic as you claim them to be. Which is odd, because I'm guessing you would never use this train of thought against your own argument, and therefore are a hypocrite, and I'm sure you know how Jesus felt about them.

Sorry, I don't buy that argument for a second. Why would evolution take away superior traits and give us something unique, the human brain in replacement. Why not a superior brain while keeping the superior traits?

Then evolution should have given human like brains to other species line. Why only pick the primate line?
Your statement that God is an awful designer only points to skeptic's arrogance. You can't claim the bad design argument unless you believe that science understands every single thing about the human body. It doesn't. It doesn't understand consciouness. It doesn't understand the placebo effect. Why are some people left handed? It can't even figure out exactly why I have tinnitus. It's quite possible that there is a practical reason for the design of testicles that science hasn't figured out yet.

From a survival aspect compared to our evolutionary ancestors, human beings are pathetic. We are weaker and more susceptible to disease. From a designer perspective, we are uniquely different from animals, designed for reasoning, to create, and to love and experience physical intimacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2015, 02:29 PM
 
10,068 posts, read 5,682,317 times
Reputation: 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Survival is just that: survival. And for purposes of natural selection, only survival long enough to pass on your genes. If your feet hurt or your skin is burnt, it is fine so long as you procreate before either one of those things kills you and you pass on your thing footed, fair skinned genes.

I am not arguing for or against natural selection, simply describing how it works.

I could as well ask, if god designed humans, why did he give them thin feet and fair skin? Looks like a poor design.

The beauty of natural selection is that it has no agency. You can't really criticize it, only observe it. Once something has agency then if it created you with exposed testicles or thin feet or to be cancer prone or whatever, AND claims to be loving and kind AND promises to love and protect you, you have a conundrum on your hands.

I don't subscribe to atheism because of this, but it's a nice side benefit. No more "why me", "what did I do wrong", "why didn't god keep his promises", "why do the wicked prosper". Life is just stuff happening. It's not personal and it doesn't owe you anything and you don't owe it anything.

Sorry but you can't have it both ways. You can't point to superior traits and tell me that is natural selection, and then tell oh but it doesn't really have a purpose. If that was the case then we should be evolving features that serve no purpose at all like humans with horns or a knob coming out the side. You want me to believe it is completely random yet completely not random at the same time.

The dark side of atheism is the destruction of individuality. Break it down to the essentials, you really believe that we are nothing but sacks of meat and bone, no one is special or different, just random meaningless entities that will soon become worm food.

The beauty of knowing there is a Creator is realizing that you were uniquely created and there will never be another human being exactly like you. We all walk our own paths in life which can make life very challenging but exciting as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2015, 02:53 PM
 
Location: USA
18,423 posts, read 9,046,855 times
Reputation: 8461
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Sorry but you can't have it both ways. You can't point to superior traits and tell me that is natural selection, and then tell oh but it doesn't really have a purpose. If that was the case then we should be evolving features that serve no purpose at all like humans with horns or a knob coming out the side. You want me to believe it is completely random yet completely not random at the same time.

The dark side of atheism is the destruction of individuality. Break it down to the essentials, you really believe that we are nothing but sacks of meat and bone, no one is special or different, just random meaningless entities that will soon become worm food.

The beauty of knowing there is a Creator is realizing that you were uniquely created and there will never be another human being exactly like you. We all walk our own paths in life which can make life very challenging but exciting as well.
Jeff,

No amount of evidence would convince you.

When no evidence trumps imperfect evidence, all reason has already been cast to the winds.

Last edited by Freak80; 11-29-2015 at 04:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:03 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top