Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 08:08 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,471,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Let's face it, if you're the male cohort of the human species, you're well aware that the only organ that is external to the human body, are your testicles. All your other sensitive and vulnerable organs are well inside your body cavity protected.

The question becomes why? Well the scientific answer is that the human testicles have to be cooler the normal body temperature otherwise sperm will not be produced. Now the strange part about that is, that many mammals have internal testicles including rhinoceroses, all marine mammals, and elephants. Even more interesting is, that birds have internal testicles, and their body temperature is higher than humans.

If there was an intelligent designer out there, why would that designer make humans handicapped, yet be able to make rhinoceros testicles that can be internal?
And yet here we are 7 Billion and counting. So tell me, how is this "testicles outside of the body" not working?

[
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2015, 08:15 PM

32,530 posts, read 21,837,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Evolution selects for survival, not for enjoyment. It's a blunt instrument that doesn't advertise itself as a fount of knowledge, joy, peace, tranquility, morality and hope. So when it ends up being a survival mechanism and nothing more, there's no false advertising involved at all.
If after so many times being kicked in the testies, I'd say that evolving would be a protective stage...

Old 11-29-2015, 08:16 PM

32,530 posts, read 21,837,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
So from fish, the testicle grew out when the fish turned into ape, but then the testicles didn't grow out when the fish turned into Rhino, elephant and birds?
It was a Lemur...

Old 11-29-2015, 08:59 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,580,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

Interesting how the usual suspects keep finding their way to the Religion and Spirituality thread. They just can't stay away.

The Atheist thread is that away.
It is an interesting puzzle, isn't it … ???

I think of the oddity of some guy who HATES "baseball," doesn't want to watch it or play it himself, but who minutely complains about "The Rules of Baseball" and wants the game abandoned or even banned …

*shrug*
I dunno … Go Figure ...

Old 11-29-2015, 09:44 PM

32,516 posts, read 36,999,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
All your other sensitive and vulnerable organs are well inside your body cavity protected.
The liver (one example) is BELOW the rib cage. What's protecting it? It's VERY vulnerable to blunt trauma and laceration.

You're a typical guy, cupper. (Congratulations.) You're thinking of your **** instead of using your brain.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 11-29-2015 at 10:00 PM.. Reason: Not sure of the CD rules for using school-yard terms for body parts

Old 11-29-2015, 10:14 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,580,663 times
These objections and petty complaints are nothing new …

see, e.g.: Isaiah 45: 9 --

"Woe to you who strive with your
Maker,
earthen vessels with the potter!
Does the clay say to the one who
fashions it, 'What are you
making?'
or 'Your work has no handles.'?"

Or in profound reflection, e.g., The Book of Job …

("God," to "Job") 38: 1ff -- "Where were YOU during the Initial Conditions of The Big Bang …???"

Look, okay …
Here in Minnesota there will be thousands of SORE backs the next couple days, shoveling snow …
So what … ??? Get over it, already …
Wise up …

"You are dust, and to dust you shall return … " (along with your testes, liver, knee cartilage, enlarged prostate, etc., etc. …)

Old 11-29-2015, 11:25 PM

10,901 posts, read 5,870,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
If after so many times being kicked in the testies, I'd say that evolving would be a protective stage...
Getting kicked in the testes can be life threatening. Ask the last fellow who did it to me how close he came to death!

Old 11-29-2015, 11:29 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,068,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
No I'm making the assumption that natural selection should retain the advantageous traits, not discard them.
Well, advantageous is pretty subjective. What's advantageous for a bird is not necessarily advantageous for a dog. Evolution is about survival of the most efficient members of a species. For whatever reason, the physically weaker humans with more developed brains survived. Rather or not heightened physical strength is advantageous, it was unnecessary. Evolution can phase out unnecessary traits over time as they are not key in reproduction. However, so long as members of that species with that unnecessary trait reproduce (meaning the trait isn't a hindrance) the trait can will stay indefinitely.

Quote:
Most species are not self sufficient at birth. A baby is still given the required knowledge and ability to survive. It knows immediately to cry whenever there is a need and keep crying until that need is met.
I wasn't asserting that most species are self sufficient, just that human infants are especially weak at birth when compares to other species.

Quote:
No, science knows one aspect which you mentioned. It's quite possible that there is another function to the testicles that science has not unraveled. Are do you believe science is not self correcting and has achieved absolute knowledge?
Ok, but until evidence is brought forth, to say they serve another purpose is merely speculation. The burden of finding that other purpose is on you.

Quote:
If you didn't care, you wouldnt have taken time to write this post.
I don't know if you have kids. I don't know what you do in your professional life. As I said, you as an individual, it doesn't matter. But if you take your anti-scientific stance on evolution to other people, particularly young people, it becomes my problem, as well as the rest of society.

Quote:
Are you really suggesting that a scientist must believe that we evolved from apes to understand mutating viruses? I don't give a rip if your side says there is no difference between macro and micro evolution. There is. One is observable. We can't observe primates morphing into humans unless you have a time machine. Got one handy?
We have sufficient evidence to show that humans did evolve from a species of apes. We don't need a time machine to prove that.

Quote:
Then human beings do quite well with exposed testicles and your other design flaws.
Who's saying otherwise. I believe the point was just that. Humans have design flaws as an aspect of nature. Evolution can only do so much for a species; it still will have problems. Bats, for example, have terrible eye sight. But that's my point. An intelligent designer either did a horrible job, is not intelligent, or does not exist; the latter is more consistent with modern science. Regardless, the point was that if humans were designed specifically, why are we not better built?

Old 11-29-2015, 11:36 PM

10,901 posts, read 5,870,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
You would have not said this if we were birds, Rhinos or elephants.
Or hippos or whales. Funny thing that, whales and hippos are both aquatic mammals with internal testicles. Would they be related? Well, as a matter of fact they are! Their tails turned out differently though.

Old 11-30-2015, 01:31 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,049,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Or hippos or whales. Funny thing that, whales and hippos are both aquatic mammals with internal testicles. Would they be related? Well, as a matter of fact they are! Their tails turned out differently though.
I wonder how would those animals comment and applaud each other in their own language ??
"Hey dude, you got some hidden balls to say or do this".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality