Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 04:04 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,891,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Are you serious? Do you honestly believe any of us support the idea of killing abortionists? Of course not.

But there is an issue with the article. Mother shooter it mentioned was not a "Christian terrorist". There is no such animal. There is nothing in the Bible that calls for us to murder. Anyone that kills in cold blood is not a Christian because Christians don't so that.
I'll illustrate the points we're all trying to make, Vizio:

Quote:
Duke Forrest: [Darnit], Henry, Frank Burns is a menace! Every time a patient croaks on him he says it's "God's will" or somebody else's fault.
You see, you assume that religion makes one 'perfect'; that when someone becomes Christian, they're magically rendered unable to kill, or steal, or lie. I'm sorry, Vizio, but as much as I would sincerely like such things to be true, they just aren't.

Sticking your fingers in your ears and going 'nyah, nyah, nyah' doesn't alter the fact that Christians, just like any other human being, are still human. They're still just as vulnerable to the imperfections that plague the rest of us mortals.

Christians are very capable of killing in cold blood. Pretending they aren't or don't, simply because they believe in Jesus and read the Bible, is nothing more than self-delusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 04:14 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,703,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I have just one question to ask (for now). Has this person been picked up and charged? Incitement to commit murder is a crime! He is actually inciting terrorism.
He's backpedaled from his hate speech. Between that equivocation and the fact that he'll end up asserting Christian privilege to avoid accountability for his transgression. After all, Arizona is one of the backwards states that teach creationism either in public schools or in private schools which use taxpayer money to fund state tuition voucher or scholarship programs. If it was some Muslim who said something only half as offensive as Feuerstein's tirade, he might already be secreted away in some black site, being interrogated.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:22 PM

16,671 posts, read 15,665,596 times
This thread is about a man calling for the assassination of abortion clinic workers. The pros and cons of abortion are not relevant to the topic, nor is the Holocaust. Those are topics more appropriate for Politics & Other Controversies. We won't be discussing abortion in the Religion & Spirituality forums.

Old 12-04-2015, 11:36 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Basically what we have right here is a person encouraging and inciting terrorism.

I wonder why the FBI hasn't barged in on this guy yet and put him behind bars for questioning at the very least (and for attempting to incite a criminal terrorist action, more accurately) in light of that?

We've had three very recent terrorist attacks, with different agendas (as far as we know) but all terrorism...Paris, the abortion clinic in Colorado and the as yet unraveled San Bernardino, CA shooting at a Regional Center. The cops are ALL OVER that. And people are saying: Well, why couldn't we have prevented these horrors?

Well, here's someone who's OUTING HIMSELF as being glad to take part in pushing forward a terrorism movement against abortion clinics.

So where are the cops to shake this guy down, question him and prevent something pretty bad (okay, something ELSE pretty bad) from happening?

An ounce of prevention, and all that.

And no...just deleting the comment from his Facebook page doesn't mean yeah, okay, so never mind, the dude changed his mind, end of story, everybody can go home now. Just imagine the scenario being someone publicly saying "We should go bomb the X Denomination Christianity churches to roust the Christian infidels" or "we should assassinate all Lutheran ministers" as, for example, a pro-Islam terrorism statement. Or imagine some influential person said "Yet another promotion passed over for a male instead of me. We should assassinate all the male higher-ups at X companies." Or, "My surgeon did a TERRIBLE job. Who knows, I could have been killed! I say surgeons are a menace, I call upon you all to go assassinate a random surgeon at the closest hospital." You can BET the cops would be BREAKING DOWN THE PERSON'S DOOR and rounding up not only him/her but his friends...associates...family...etc. for intel.

But not when it's "just" against a clinic, I guess?

The world is truly crazy.

This is proposed terrorism. This is, in fact, an ACTIVE AND VERY VOCAL ENDORSEMENT and ENCOURAGEMENT OF terrorism.

I mean hello?

Last edited by JerZ; 12-04-2015 at 11:44 PM..

Old 12-05-2015, 05:32 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,703,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I wonder why the FBI hasn't barged in on this guy yet and put him behind bars for questioning at the very least (and for attempting to incite a criminal terrorist action, more accurately) in light of that?
The fact that he's Christian probably is a factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
The world is truly crazy.
True, but the United States' legacy of Christian privilege affords it its own special extra side dish of crazy.

Old 12-05-2015, 10:12 AM

247 posts, read 236,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
The fact that he's Christian probably is a factor.

True, but the United States' legacy of Christian privilege affords it its own special extra side dish of crazy.
This particular story springs to mind as you say that:

America Snores When Christian Terrorist Threatens to Massacre Muslims - The Daily Beast

Old 12-05-2015, 10:20 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
I'll illustrate the points we're all trying to make, Vizio:

You see, you assume that religion makes one 'perfect'; that when someone becomes Christian, they're magically rendered unable to kill, or steal, or lie. I'm sorry, Vizio, but as much as I would sincerely like such things to be true, they just aren't.

Sticking your fingers in your ears and going 'nyah, nyah, nyah' doesn't alter the fact that Christians, just like any other human being, are still human. They're still just as vulnerable to the imperfections that plague the rest of us mortals.

Christians are very capable of killing in cold blood. Pretending they aren't or don't, simply because they believe in Jesus and read the Bible, is nothing more than self-delusion.
The apostle Paul, who wrote 1/3 the New Testament, said that he was the "Chief of sinners". He lamented that he couldn't stop doing what he didn't want to do.

I realize that people are sinners. I sin daily. It's what I am.

But I also strive to be like Christ. If one is a Christian, one does not go and do something heinous like premeditated murder of that magnitude. That is not striving to be like Christ. It goes against every tenet of Christianity to do so.

Old 12-05-2015, 03:29 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Crusades, Dude, Crusades...
They seem to forget about the MILLIONS that were killed because they wouldn't convert to Christianity.

Old 12-05-2015, 03:32 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
The apostle Paul, who wrote 1/3 the New Testament, said that he was the "Chief of sinners". He lamented that he couldn't stop doing what he didn't want to do.

I realize that people are sinners. I sin daily. It's what I am.

But I also strive to be like Christ. If one is a Christian, one does not go and do something heinous like premeditated murder of that magnitude. That is not striving to be like Christ. It goes against every tenet of Christianity to do so.
I think "Paul" had issues with his own sexuality he couldn't come to terms with.

Old 12-05-2015, 05:25 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Sye Ten Bruggencate.

You'll enjoy his videos and debates, it's right up your alley.
LOL..priceless. Sye Ten Bruggencate videos should be played repeatedly to prisoners of war to break them down....how do you know that you know that...LOL Sye Ten and Ray Comfort are the 2 most annoying Christian apologists...although I might have to give the edge to Sye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality