Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 09:50 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,385,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
So what? He judged a nation and he gave out punishment. Is that wrong? Why? What standard of morality do you use to determine that? You THINK it's wrong.....why? Can you answer that? Don't just assume it and tell it is because it is. I want you to answer specifically why it is wrong.

Until you can do that, it's nothing more than an opinion--and is equal to anyone else's view.
People have answered this very question for you, over and over. You just come back and say, "God owns humans, he can do whatever he wants, therefore, murder/genocide is not wrong if God does it."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2015, 09:52 AM

203 posts, read 193,541 times
The old testament counts just as much as the new.

Old 12-02-2015, 09:53 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
So what? He judged a nation and he gave out punishment. Is that wrong? Why? What standard of morality do you use to determine that? You THINK it's wrong.....why? Can you answer that? Don't just assume it and tell it is because it is. I want you to answer specifically why it is wrong.

Until you can do that, it's nothing more than an opinion--and is equal to anyone else's view.
It's wrong because it caused the suffering of conscious entities.

<ending credits> <ending-credit music>

Old 12-02-2015, 09:57 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
It's wrong because it caused the suffering of conscious entities.

<ending credits>
I've heard that assumption before. Now tell me WHY you choose that standard? Why not "it's wrong because it cost money"? Or "It's wrong because the person doing it had brown hair"?

Do you get what I'm asking? You have just made an arbitrary statement about what is wrong, and why. The problem is that you are not the one that gets to determine right and wrong, so that is ultimately just an opinion, and if someone has a different view of right or wrong, you have no grounds to say they're wrong.

Old 12-02-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
People have answered this very question for you, over and over. You just come back and say, "God owns humans, he can do whatever he wants, therefore, murder/genocide is not wrong if God does it."
Yet, you and others keep spouting off nonsense about right/wrong with no authority to do so.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:03 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
We are human like everyone else. Yes--we have our stupid moments, we get angry, we lose our temper. But I think this incident goes beyond that. I openly condemn anyone that would kill as this guy did.

Having said that...the guy the OP was talking about is a youtube personality. He's not a pastor. He does not preach weekly in a church or lead a congregation. He's a guy that makes videos. And he was wrong, and he makes his name by saying stupid, dumb stuff in order to rile people up.
Well pastor Vizio, you should meet your fellow pastor. He is a former televangelist, and is as much a pastor is you are.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_Feuerstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Gotta love how the OP title makes it sound like Bible believing Christians are just all maniacs that must be stopped!! This is one guy making a rant. That's all.
Well the particular maniac that I reported on in the O P, supports many of the things you did Jeff.

He made a fake call to a bakery asking for an antigay script on a cake. When the bakery refused, he raised in Internet fuss. In fact, Jeff, I believe you posted on that ad infinitum.

Former televangelist sics angry followers on local bakery to make a point about religious freedom | Blogs | Orlando Weekly

Oh, and that's a maniac was front and center on the Kim Davis controversy, spouting the same things that you did.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ed-cup-frenzy/

By the way yes it is the correct link if you read the article.

So, Jeffrey boy, if he is a maniac for his viewpoint, what does that say about yours?

Old 12-02-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Well pastor Vizio, you should meet your fellow pastor. He is a former televangelist, and is as much a pastor is you are.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_Feuerstein
What church does he pastor?

He's an internet personality. That's it. I hereby openly condemn his statements as inflammatory and wrong. He needs to repent.

Having said that, what is your beef with Christianity? Why do you DAILY post nonsense attacking all Christians, likening us to a fringe personality? If I were to go over to the Islam board and suggest that all Muslims were like the guys that attacked France, would it be a good thing? Do you think people would receive that well?

Old 12-02-2015, 10:13 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
And Christianity has a multitude of passages wherein God orders the faithful to murder entire nations. Just because there is a New Testament doesn't mean there is a new God.
And Christianity has a multitude of passages that clearly state that the death of Christ fulfilled the requirements of the Old Law. It doesn't apply. We are saved through grace and faith and told to love even our enemies. There are no commands to murder people after Christ. None.

"Now before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed. So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian"

Galatians 3:23-25

God only commanded death to the enemies of His chosen people as a last resort in a kill or be killed culture.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:13 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
I've heard that assumption before. Now tell me WHY you choose that standard? Why not "it's wrong because it cost money"? Or "It's wrong because the person doing it had brown hair"?

Do you get what I'm asking? You have just made an arbitrary statement about what is wrong, and why. The problem is that you are not the one that gets to determine right and wrong, so that is ultimately just an opinion, and if someone has a different view of right or wrong, you have no grounds to say they're wrong.
I offer no scientific proof that it's good to have as little human suffering as possible.

Instead, I hold said truth to be self-evident.

Feel free to randomly poke yourself with sharp objects if you disagree.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:19 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:

He's an internet personality.
So are you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality