Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2015, 09:06 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,958,660 times

Advertisements

I believe the historic documents which comprise the Bible when they state that God created Adam and Eve in a day.

Evolutionists however dispute this historic document and claim mankind evolved from the single cell over billions of years.

Here is my proof for God creating mankind:

Genesis 1:26-28 And saying is the Elohim, "Make will We humanity in Our image, and according to Our likeness, and sway shall they over the fish of the sea, and over the flyer of the heavens, and over the beast, and over all land life, and over every moving animal moving on the land. (27) And creating is the Elohim humanity in His image. In the image of the Elohim He creates it. Male and female He creates them. (28) And blessing them is the Elohim. And saying to them is the Elohim, "Be fruitful and increase and fill the earth, and subdue it. And sway over the fish of the sea, and over the flyer of the heavens, and over the beast, and over all the earth, and over all life moving on the land. (God to Moses)

Gen 2:7 And forming is Yahweh Elohim the human of soil from the ground, and He is blowing into his nostrils the breath of the living, and becoming is the human a living soul. (God to Moses)

Genesis 5:1-2 This is the scroll of the genealogical annals of Adam: In the day the Elohim created Adam, in the likeness of the Elohim He made him. (2) Male and female created He them; and blessing them is He, and calling their name Adam in the day they are created. (God to Moses)

Deu_4:32 For ask now about the former days which came before you, from the day that Elohim created humanity on the earth, and from one end of the heavens unto the other end of the heavens:Has there occurred anything like this great thing, or has anything been heard like it? (God to Moses)

Psa_89:47 Remember how transient is my life, For what futility have You created all the sons of humanity? (King David)

Isa_45:12 I, I made the earth, and I created humanity on it. I, My hands stretched out the heavens, and all their host I instruct." (Isaiah)

1Co_11:9 For, also, man is not created because of the woman, but woman because of the man." (Apostle Paul)

Col_1:16 for in Him is all created, that in the heavens and that on the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones, or lordships, or sovereignties, or authorities, all is created through Him and for Him, (Apostle Paul)

Luk_3:38 of Enosh, of Seth, of Adam, of God."

1Ti_2:13 (for Adam was first molded, thereafter Eve, (Apostle Paul to Timothy)

Mar 10:6 Yet from the beginning of creation God makes them male and female. (Jesus Christ)

Can you provide verifiable proof the Bible is wrong? verifiable proof God did not create Adam and Eve, that Adam and Eve evolved from the single cell as some claim?

Thank you.

Old 12-01-2015, 09:09 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,149,606 times
Neither. It was aliens.

Old 12-01-2015, 09:12 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,203,753 times
I believe the HISTORICAL documents of my people as to the CREATION of humanity---

Cherokee

Long ago, before there were any people, the world was young and water covered everything. The earth was a great island floating above the seas, suspended by four rawhide ropes representing the four sacred directions. It hung down from the crystal sky. There were no people, but the animals lived in a home above the rainbow. Needing space, they sent Water Beetle to search for room under the seas. Water Beetle dove deep and brought up mud that spread quickly, turning into land that was flat and too soft and wet for the animals to live on.

Grandfather Buzzard was sent to see if the land had hardened. When he flew over the earth, he found the mud had become solid; he flapped in for a closer look. The wind from his wings created valleys and mountains, and that is why the Cherokee territory has so many mountains today.

As the earth stiffened, the animals came down from the rainbow. It was still dark. They needed light, so they pulled the sun out from behind the rainbow, but it was too bright and hot. A solution was urgently needed. The shamans were told to place the sun higher in the sky. A path was made for it to travel--from east to west--so that all inhabitants could share in the light.

The plants were placed upon the earth. The Creator told the plants and animals to stay awake for seven days and seven nights. Only a few animals managed to do so, including the owls and mountain lions, and they were rewarded with the power to see in the dark. Among the plants, only the cedars, spruces, and pines remained awake. The Creator told these plants that they would keep their hair during the winter, while the other plants would lose theirs.

People were created last. The women were able to have babies every seven days. They reproduced so quickly that the Creator feared the world would soon become too crowded. So after that the women could have only one child per year, and it has been that way ever since.

31,373 posts, read 20,165,320 times
Nevermind.

19,952 posts, read 13,447,359 times
Did god create mankind or did the single cell? I don't claim that EITHER did. I am not aware of anyone claiming that a single cell is the creator of anything.

Your "proof" is "proof"-texts which is simply an appeal to authority.

Any atheist that understands basic philosophy will not claim that s/he can disprove a non-falsifiable proposition. But we don't need to.

I can't prove that Thomas Jefferson wasn't a lizard alien in disguise; that doesn't mean that he was one.

I can't prove that Mohammed was not god's prophet or that Ganesh the elephant god isn't real; that does not make those assertions true, despite there being verses in holy texts that assert such things.

Old 12-01-2015, 09:16 AM

16,659 posts, read 15,651,806 times
We have enough evolution threads open. There is no need for another one to repeat all the same posts as the others.

Last edited by mensaguy; 12-01-2015 at 07:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.