Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 09:47 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,214,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Jerry Falwell Jr. promoting Christians carrying weapons to "end those Muslims".

Jerry Falwell Jr.'s Troubling Remarks on Guns at Liberty University - The Atlantic
He did tell his apostles to go buy a sword. Do you realize that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 09:59 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,221,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I don't think most fundamentalists have ever even heard of the word "clairvoyance."
Hmmm.....not sure what to do about that because when I urge fundamentalists to educate themselves a few of them get real upset and tell me it's obnoxious.

I'm beginning to think they believe they'll get cooties if they sit in a classroom.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:26 PM

13,642 posts, read 4,958,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Good grief, is it really that hard to connect the dots? No, you have to force fit a relation because you just can't admit I'm right here:

Christian Pacificist - believes war is wrong under any circumstance yet looks to Christ as their model.

Jesus Christ - by his actions, Christ shows that He is not a pacificist.

Therefore, Christian Pacificist can not use Christ as their model for being a pacifist.

Christ came to earth for several reasons, but one is to teach others about spiritual truths. If war is always wrong, He would have told the soldiers that they are living in sin and repent.
How in the world can you people claim that Jesus was not a pacifist? The Prince of Peace?! He was the ultimate pacifist.

Pacifism does not mean you can never use force. If it did, then pacifists should also call for police to turn in their weapons. But true pacifism means force should be the last resort, and only to defend others, not to defend yourself, and never in retaliation.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:30 PM

18,508 posts, read 9,183,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I thought Jesus was quoted as saying "He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword."

Old 12-08-2015, 01:09 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,221,051 times
Quote:
I thought Jesus was quoted as saying "He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword."
He did.

But the gun totin' fundamentalists aren't going to bring that up.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
He did.

But the gun totin' fundamentalists aren't going to bring that up.
Well he obviously wasn't talking about guns, he was talking about swords. Guns are ok.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:18 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,042,284 times
Quote:
Well he obviously wasn't talking about guns, he was talking about swords. Guns are ok.
I have always wondered about that sword thing. Why would they need one??? God couldn't prevent them from dying, without their having to wield a sword? I mean it's God, right? It makes the rules. This sort of thing is right in line with my ideas on people saying Paul was "needed" by Jesus to fill in gaps Jesus didn't describe/speak of/expound on/bring up before he died. WTH? Wasn't he God??? I mean...God...as in...that thing that can literally do anything it wants, created everything and wrote the script. It couldn't have made its son (or itself) live long enough to get all the pertinent information out there without having to cause a psychotic break and hallucinations in some random dude on a road?

The Lord truly does work in mysterious ways. And inefficient ones!

I'll bet God's always forgetting his car keys too. "Dammit! Okay, you guys wait here. Be right back..." (Jesus and Holy Ghost roll their eyes at one another)

Old 12-08-2015, 01:18 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,214,477 times
Quote:
Something like that. On the other hand, he did recognize that we ought to be able to defend ourselves, and defend the innocent.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:29 PM

8,005 posts, read 7,243,946 times
Quote:
So you're on board with arming everyone to fight off the Muslim hoards? If I may remind the Christian warriors, up and downrange and be aware of innocents in the field of fire. Not all swarthy fellows are Muslims. Good hunting folks.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Something like that. On the other hand, he did recognize that we ought to be able to defend ourselves, and defend the innocent.
So much for the doctrine of biblical infallibility and inerrancy.

Or does infallibility and inerrancy only apply to verses about homosexuality and salvation by faith alone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality