Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2015, 07:56 PM

10,077 posts, read 5,705,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Yes, but do they? Or is this another lie you post?
Look pa, another insulting atheist!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2015, 07:58 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,624,761 times
Quote:
As your position is just straight up lying when you deny the majority of posts are by alleged Christians.
Nope.
The most common scenario on this board is threads bashing Religion in general, Christianity mainly, and a handful of Bible Literalists personally and specifically.
Typically a crew of Fundie Atheists piling on the 2 or 3 main Fundie Christians that post for believing the hocus-pocus stuff written in the Bible...or their biased personal positions that are based upon Bible doctrine.
Anybody claiming that to not be so isn't familiar with the board, or otherwise ignorant of the main content.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:03 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,080,863 times
Quote:
Yes, but do they?
Vizio started a thread in the Atheist forum. He told the atheists that insulting terms and mocking attitudes made them look bad.

He disappeared from the thread *Poof* as soon as people starting challenging him and asking him questions. Which is SOP for Viz.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:09 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,265,223 times
Quote:
Maybe you should note that this is not the Christian forum but the religion and spirituality forum. Makes quite the difference.

Man you're on a roll...sounds like someone needs a hug.

For the 50th time...I was talking about the ones coming into the Christian forum and not being respectful. Leave us alone if you want to be left alone.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:10 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,265,223 times
Quote:
Once again, no matter how hard you insist it is, this is not the Christianity section.

I'm NOT talking about this section...jeez!

Old 12-10-2015, 06:11 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,702,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Making laws that enforce secularism
Yeah, the right to be able to freely worship without government interference is such a bad thing.

Does jeff not understand what secularism is, or is this a moment of honesty about his wishes for the government to enforce his brand of religion on everyone else? You be the judge.

Old 12-10-2015, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
It is the Atheist agenda. They are forcing their deconversion tactics on the world
On the plus side, we do have awesome cookies at the Evil Atheist Conspiracy meetings, so it kinda evens out.

Old 12-10-2015, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Does that mean Christians can get on the atheist forum and give them grief?
I doubt they'd have much more success there than they do in any other forum.

Old 12-10-2015, 06:44 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,153,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
There are many decent Christians who have a live and let live approach, and don't force their faith down the throats of others. I have absolutely no problem with them. It is the proselytising idiots who use threats to try to get people to convert whom I can't stand, they are evil!
Catholics and regular Jews leave folks alone. It is the Christians hanging out on corners handing out Pamplets and ringing my door bell making me try to convert that drive me nuts.

Christians are kinda annoying. Move to small town USA and the "christian" next door will say something like you must come to our church on Sunday, the church is having a bake sale, the church is having a dance, I know a nice young Christian girl or man you should meet. Next think you are drinking koolaid in some cult in Waco texas.

Old 12-10-2015, 06:59 AM

50,082 posts, read 20,571,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Vizio started a thread in the Atheist forum. He told the atheists that insulting terms and mocking attitudes made them look bad.

He disappeared from the thread *Poof* as soon as people starting challenging him and asking him questions. Which is SOP for Viz.
Can't rep you but -yes. This. The ongoing thread of accusing atheists of being rude, intrusive, and having double -standards in posting are all excuses to avoid the fact that the atheists are needing to make the running, do the evangelizing, push for a change in worldview and cannot be quiet or even just preach to the converted.

While proselytizing is banned in A/A (I suppose because of posting scriptural spam) discussion is welcome. It has been observed by some of atheism's more original thinkers that atheists only exist because theism exists. Because nobody is treated as an inferior species because they don't collect stamps, we have no a-philatelist argument.

I don't know whether theists realize it, but the ongoing accusations of being biased, blind, deliberately working to not believe, being the tools of satan, probably going to hell. advocates of Darwinist Eugenics, etc is all very rude and insulting.

Theists would probably stare and say "We were just telling you the truth".

That's just what we do and is what is denounced as insulting, and at the drop of a hat because the theist apologists often have nothing left but accusations of rudeness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality