Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 04:36 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,109,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Bec ause I encountered this consciousness in deep meditation and it is undeniably ONE with everything that exists. I "know " it is God, period.
Nah....don't believe you. Now what? Which one of us is right? How would we know? Is there some sort of way to know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2015, 06:40 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,045,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Your problem is that you have too low of a view of God. You somehow seem to think that some are more worthy of heaven than others. Once you realize how great God is that even the "good people" are utterly incapable of being "good" in God's eyes -- and he is THAT HOLY.....we realize that one person's offense is not so much less than another's in comparison to God's holiness.
This would be the god that created mankind, then slaughtered mankind, then had his chosen people slaughter other men and women and babies for him because, apparently, he found it more amusing to make others do it for him than do it himself.

He is lazy as well as narcissistic, genocidal, immoral and psychotic.

Old 12-20-2015, 06:51 PM

32,530 posts, read 21,889,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Yeah, as long as one is "saved" before croaking, all's OK, right?
In Judaism that child murderer would never have gotten resurrected let alone gone to heave, he would just cease to exist after death...That is one of the three outcomes for the three categories of individuals...

Old 12-20-2015, 07:13 PM

63,470 posts, read 39,739,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Bec ause I encountered this consciousness in deep meditation and it is undeniably ONE with everything that exists. I "know " it is God, period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Ok...Sure...
Quote:
Nah....don't believe you. Now what? Which one of us is right? How would we know? Is there some sort of way to know?
The God I encountered matches the descriptions in your very own Bible of the God Jesus unambiguously demonstrated by His life and especially His death. Surely an avowed Christian would recognize the God Christ revealed.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 12-20-2015 at 07:37 PM..

Old 12-20-2015, 07:34 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,875,433 times
Quote:
There never is which is why faith-based arguments can never be solved, Viz. Yet some of us (ahem) keep bringing them out and employing circular reasoning...I mean isn't that silly?

Old 12-20-2015, 07:36 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,875,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
In Judaism that child murderer would never have gotten resurrected let alone gone to heave, he would just cease to exist after death...That is one of the three outcomes for the three categories of individuals...
This is interesting. What are the other ones?

Old 12-20-2015, 08:34 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,912,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
In other news today, hundreds of Christian pastors all across the land actually lived their life according to the Word of God, loving people and being faithful.
I was about to make the same point.

Old 12-20-2015, 08:39 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,912,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Sure, let's not be critical of these criminals, because, they are CHRISTIAN.

That's like Muslims not condemning Islamic extremists.
That is not what Jeff is saying.

Old 12-20-2015, 09:45 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,879,239 times
Quote:
Your problem is that you have too low of a view of God. You somehow seem to think that some are more worthy of heaven than others. Once you realize how great God is that even the "good people" are utterly incapable of being "good" in God's eyes -- and he is THAT HOLY.....we realize that one person's offense is not so much less than another's in comparison to God's holiness.
Actually, I have no view of any god. I am intrigued that so many people still fervently believe ancient myths.

“I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” —Stephen F Roberts

Old 12-20-2015, 09:47 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,879,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
That is not what Jeff is saying.
It's a comparison that is valid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality