Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 08:37 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times

Advertisements

More examples of so called Christians talking the talk and not walking the walk. I don't have much use for these wasted pieces of human skin. It makes it even worse when they present themselves getting their moral teachings from the Bible.

Oh, hold it, the Bible DOES have those teachings.

Lowell husband and wife pastors guilty in rape, assault - Lowell Sun Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2015, 08:50 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
That poor child.

Old 12-17-2015, 08:53 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
More examples of so called Christians talking the talk and not walking the walk. I don't have much use for these wasted pieces of human skin. It makes it even worse when they present themselves getting their moral teachings from the Bible.

Oh, hold it, the Bible DOES have those teachings.

Lowell husband and wife pastors guilty in rape, assault - Lowell Sun Online
Why do people believe that Christians or people identifying themselves as such do not do the same things non believers do!? People want to criticize Christians for breaking the law, but justify it when they do it!

Old 12-17-2015, 08:54 AM

19,999 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Wait for it ... here it comes ...

"No true Christian would do this, therefore they are not Christians, they are pretenders."

Old 12-17-2015, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Why do people believe that Christians or people identifying themselves as such do not do the same things non believers do!? People want to criticize Christians for breaking the law, but justify it when they do it!
... and, of course, Christians are just human, why do you pick on them? That's the other predictable response.

Maybe when Joe Everyman breaks the law he is not claiming to be especially holy, redeemed, regenerated or triumphant over sin. Maybe he's not a pastor in a position of authority. Maybe he's not held to a higher standard because he doesn't claim to honor a higher standard or doesn't have a position of special trust or influence.

Hmm?

Old 12-17-2015, 09:01 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
... and, of course, Christians are just human, why do you pick on them? That's the other predictable response.

Maybe when Joe Everyman breaks the law he is not claiming to be especially holy, redeemed, regenerated or triumphant over sin. Maybe he's not a pastor in a position of authority. Maybe he's not held to a higher standard because he doesn't claim to honor a higher standard or doesn't have a position of special trust or influence.

Hmm?
What they did was wrong, and they should pay for it. Please explain why you believe Christians should be criticized more than non believers for the same behavior? That seems hypocritical. If this news story was NOT about a Pastor or "Christian", I doubt you would have commented on it.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:37 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
What they did was wrong, and they should pay for it. Please explain why you believe Christians should be criticized more than non believers for the same behavior? That seems hypocritical. If this news story was NOT about a Pastor or "Christian", I doubt you would have commented on it.
He did explain it. In the very post you quoted.

That you lack comprehension is your problem.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:47 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:

Not because they were Christians but because they were pastors, you know the moral leaders of their congregation. And as far as being news, when a police officer gets caught shoplifting or a teacher have sex with an underage students that is news and will always be more news worthy than if a plumber or sales clerk did either of those things. If the couple were just everyday people who happened to be Christians who did this I would totally agree with you. The story is about a Pastor NOT a Christian, at least in my mind.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Not because they were Christians but because they were pastors, you know the moral leaders of their congregation. And as far as being news, when a police officer gets caught shoplifting or a teacher have sex with an underage students that is news and will always be more news worthy than if a plumber or sales clerk did either of those things. If the couple were just everyday people who happened to be Christians who did this I would totally agree with you. The story is about a Pastor NOT a Christian, at least in my mind.
Yes ... not even that they are pastors, but leaders in a position of special trust. The higher standard would trust would be at least as true of a fund manager or mayor or prison warden.

It's telling that despite making extraordinary claims sometimes made for the superpowers of spiritual leaders ... such as that they are a spiritual covering for those under them to protect them from Satanic attack and harms ... there is still special pleading galore when they "make mistakes", to the point where the sheeple can't even see a NORMAL level of responsibility for their actions, much less something commensurate with the role of these people in an imagined spiritual warfare.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
He did explain it. In the very post you quoted.

That you lack comprehension is your problem.
Thanks for sparing me pointing out the obvious I always wonder whether they are ignoring what they are replying to in order to avoid having to address it, or if they don't bother to read it, or if it bounces off their FundASheild (tm).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality