Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 12:25 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,353,007 times

Advertisements

Because I'm told that it's great to label religious figures with psychological disorders. People really appreciate it.

So? Do you think he had this? Some of his writings were jumbled and contradictory. He seemed to have a great deal of distruct for outsiders. And he writes about some pretty weird stuff.

(Btw, this is just to prove a point. Just as Christians shouldn't put up with someone who thinks they have a grandson who "might be autistic" I'm pretty sure most Muslims would be pissed off at this suggestion that their leader "might be crazy". Feel free to do whatever with this thread.)

Old 12-21-2015, 12:26 PM

19,635 posts, read 9,956,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
Because I'm told that it's great to label religious figures with psychological disorders. People really appreciate it.

So? Do you think he had this? Some of his writings were jumbled and contradictory. He seemed to have a great deal of distruct for outsiders. And he writes about some pretty weird stuff.

(Btw, this is just to prove a point. Just as Christians shouldn't put up with someone who thinks they have a grandson who "might be autistic" I'm pretty sure most Muslims would be pissed off at this suggestion that their leader "might be crazy". Feel free to do whatever with this thread.)
He was illiterate, he wrote nothing.

Old 12-21-2015, 12:29 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,531,858 times
No, but he was a homocidal megalomaniac sociopath.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:04 PM

31,374 posts, read 19,996,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
No, but he was a homocidal megalomaniac sociopath.
I think you're confusing him with the god of the bible.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:07 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,376,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post

Coming from a guy who thinks Autistic kids are "twits", and that you shouldn't be able to challenge religion until you are an adult, or challenge anyone older than you.

Muhammad was probably just like the people from the Bible: Fictional.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:08 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,531,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I think you're confusing him with the god of the bible.
GOD is not judged by men.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:10 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,376,707 times
Quote:
Flying Spaghetti Monster is not judged by men!

See how this works? Anyone can say anything, doesn't make it valid.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:19 PM

31,374 posts, read 19,996,213 times
Quote:
I can judge the dude in the bible though. He's a genocidal, narcissistic psycho.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:21 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,041,736 times
Quote:
Nor will men be judged by fools..

Old 12-22-2015, 12:09 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,619,849 times
There is a certain pattern of neural circuit that trigger religiosity of various degrees in humans.

At present there are tons of research done to support that drastic changes in that neural wirings in the brain that manifest various degree of religiosity in patients.

There are many factors and variables that can trigger that religiosity neural circuit in the brain, i.e.

1. Mental illness - e.g. schizophrenia, temporal lope epilepsy
2. Brain damage - e.g. stroke in the case of Jill Bolte
3. Hallucinogens, mushrooms, fungus, millipedes,
4. Drugs, artificial and natural
5. Accidental knock on the head
6. Out of the blue - Paul of Damascus
7. Spiritual training
8. Various altered states of experiences from the above
9. .. and others - anything that trigger that circuit

From the Quran and the historical biography of Muhammad there are obvious indications Muhammad have had experiences of altered states during his life which are most likely to be from Temporal Lope Epilepsy or some other similar mental illness.
Note this video on Temporal Epilepsy and God which is a psychiatric case;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIiIsDIkDtg

When Muhammad experienced his first altered states he was scared to hell and his wife in collaboration with others had to console him he was the prophesied messenger. Generally those who have had altered states related to religion usually experienced some sort of epiphany and tremendous bliss.
If Muhammad had gone through specific spiritual practices, he would have anticipated it and not be scared stiff.

Muhammad is not likely to have paranoid schizophrenia which usually effect the person's cognitive functions. From the raids and battles Muhammad has schemed and planned we can rule out schizophrenia.

Muhammad most likely suffered from some form of Temporal Lobe Epilepsy and experienced certain altered states. He was convinced by third parties he was the prophesized messenger which many Jews and Christians then were expecting. So Muhammad was corralled [guided] into the mold of a prophet by others.

Just imagine, solely based on the grounds of a mental illness, humanity is now suffering from SOME [not all] Muslims who blindly believed Allah conveyed his message to Muhammad via angel Gabriel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.