Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2016, 09:43 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
No, since God is His Father, He is the Messiah.
Nope. You have it wrong yet again. He didn't meet the criteria according to the Jews..and they should know. It was there Messiah, not yours and you maintaining that you know better than them just shows your arrogance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2016, 10:35 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
In other words, "I believe these documents are true because these documents say they are true."

All you are doing is saying that YOUR opinion is true because you think it is, and everyone else's opinion is wrong and worthless. This is not only dishonest, but patently false. Between your confirmation bias, circular reasoning, and dishonesty, it is clear that you are either A) a troll, or B) too far gone.
Anyone claiming people who endorse and embrace what is written in the most prolific books/writtings (Bible, Qur'an, etc) in the history of the world are, "either A) Trolls, or B) too far gone" (and this accounts for the vast majority of people in this world for many centuries) is demonstrative of those people being so out of touch with "The Way of the World" that they have exposed themselves as way beneath anything they have to say about those people.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:36 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Nope. You have it wrong yet again. He didn't meet the criteria according to the Jews..and they should know. It was there Messiah, not yours and you maintaining that you know better than them just shows your arrogance.
Christians believe whole-heartedly that Jesus was and is the Messiah as He went to die on the cross for our sins, buried(tomb) and then was resurrected and eventually ascended to Heaven to be back with His Father. I believe in the Triune God in its paradoxical order as it takes an individual to be filled with the Holy Spirit to understand the word of God. If one does not have the Holy Spirit within them, I believe one can not enter the Kingdom of Heaven as I don't believe all will be saved unless they accept Him as His Lord and Saviour.

I don't mind sharing with someone the gospel, but I don't put up with antagonism, it is time to get on down the road with foolish questions.

Last edited by perry335654; 02-08-2016 at 10:48 AM..

Old 02-08-2016, 10:44 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Oh yea? Where is your "proof", imperfect or otherwise, that God DID create the universe? You have ZERO evidence or proof that he did, other than your book that was written by people who didn't know where the sun went at night. We have all of science. In other words, MORE proof than you.
A randomly created universe would be a jumbled mess and not have beauty. OTOH, our world has many beautiful things of creation and we have the ability to love and laugh which would serve absolutely zero purpose in an evolution designed world.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:55 AM

19,999 posts, read 13,480,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
A randomly created universe would be a jumbled mess and not have beauty. OTOH, our world has many beautiful things of creation and we have the ability to love and laugh which would serve absolutely zero purpose in an evolution designed world.
You don't understand what is relevant and irrelevant to natural selection. Many things can exist that are superfluous to living long enough to reproduce. Indeed, things can exist that are, individually, NOT conducive to living long enough to reproduce ... so long as other factors compensate for them on balance.

All natural selection selects for, is survival long enough to pass on one's DNA.

One can argue that the universe we live in IS a "jumbled mess" where beauty, love and laughter are far too rare and too hard-won. For sure, though, the extent to which we can predict and explain reality as it presents itself does not require deities. It just requires observation and control for confirmation bias.

Old 02-08-2016, 11:12 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
In other words, "I believe these documents are true because these documents say they are true."
No, not quite a proper representation of my reasons from believing the historic documents which were compiled and put in our Bible. I believe they are true for several reasons,
  • one being that the Israelite people knew they were true.
  • 2nd, The Divine Author has put in many prophetic statements throughout those historic documents beginning with Genesis and going through the Old Testament which have come true and so the rest of them will come true.
  • So I take it that the Divine Author does in fact know what He is talking about and is truthful.

Quote:
All you are doing is saying that YOUR opinion is true because you think it is, and everyone else's opinion is wrong and worthless. This is not only dishonest, but patently false. Between your confirmation bias, circular reasoning, and dishonesty, it is clear that you are either A) a troll, or B) too far gone.
I think the real dishonesty is that you misrepresent my position. I never stated everyone else' pinion is worhless. Wrong, yes.

Last edited by Eusebius; 02-08-2016 at 11:20 AM..

Old 02-08-2016, 11:18 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
No, since God is His Father, He is the Messiah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
The reason some Jews didn't think He meet the criteria is due to them being blinded according to what God told Isaiah many years prior to Christ coming to His people and which both Christ and Paul reiterated to them as to Isaiah and their blindness. Those not blinded saw He splendidly met the criteria, tens of thousands of Jews in Christ's day saw Him as the true Messiah.

Christ is seated at the right hand of God as I write this and He will return and will be King of kings and Lord of lords.

Old 02-08-2016, 11:57 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Christians believe whole-heartedly that Jesus was and is the Messiah as He went to die on the cross for our sins, buried(tomb) and then was resurrected and eventually ascended to Heaven to be back with His Father.
You can believe what ever you want but if you look at the criteria for someone to be the Messiah then your Jesus didn't meet them...any of them. That is why the Jews do not accept him as their Messiah. As I said, it's their Messiah not Christianity's. It's Jews that get to say who meets the requirements NOT Christians.
Quote:
I don't mind sharing with someone the gospel, but I don't put up with antagonism, it is time to get on down the road with foolish questions.
You mean the sort that you can't answer.

Old 02-08-2016, 12:00 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Anyone claiming people who endorse and embrace what is written in the most prolific books/writtings (Bible, Qur'an, etc) in the history of the world are, "either A) Trolls, or B) too far gone" (and this accounts for the vast majority of people in this world for many centuries) is demonstrative of those people being so out of touch with "The Way of the World" that they have exposed themselves as way beneath anything they have to say about those people.
You seem to think that people believing something somehow makes it more valid. That is simply not true. A few thousand years ago that would have made the world flat. Not to mention the fact that I did not say that people who endorse those are those things. Let me repost what I actually said, since you apparently missed it.

"All you are doing is saying that YOUR opinion is true because you think it is, and everyone else's opinion is wrong and worthless. This is not only dishonest, but patently false. Between your confirmation bias, circular reasoning, and dishonesty, it is clear that you are either A) a troll, or B) too far gone"

This is not about the Bible, this is about someone who thinks his OPINION is more valid than anyone else's and in fact can not think on his own if his life depended on it.

Again, just in case you missed it, having people believe and endorse something does not somehow make it more valid. If anything, those people are the ones "out of touch with the world", since they ignore all that happens here in favor of fairy tales.

Old 02-08-2016, 12:01 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
There are plenty of ugly things in this world. You can ignore those and put your fingers in your ears and hum to yourself to forget about them if you want, but I can't. This also shows you do not even begin to know about evolution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality