Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2016, 04:49 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,884,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
A ransom which the "good" god demanded. By his own rules.
Correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 04:52 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,625,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Actually atheism is not logical nor rational. You have no proof God does not exist.
And you have no proof he does.

Quote:
There is no verse in the Bible which states if one does not do or believe exactly the way He wants that He will eternally torture that person.
I was not referring to a verse, I was referring to the demand that you have to believe in Jesus as your savior, or else burn in hell for eternity. In other words, believe and do exactly as he wants you to, or else suffer eternal hell fire.

Old 02-18-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
And you have no proof He doesn't.

Quote:
I was not referring to a verse, I was referring to the demand that you have to believe in Jesus as your savior, or else burn in hell for eternity. In other words, believe and do exactly as he wants you to, or else suffer eternal hell fire.
The Bible never says if one does not believe in Jesus as their Saviour that they will burn in hell for eternity.
How can anyone burn in hell for eternity when, after all, God is going to save all mankind due to Christ's obedience?

Old 02-18-2016, 05:08 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,793,712 times
Quote:
He cares more for you than you currently know.
God has already worked out what each human is supposed to go through in their life before they were born. Praying for things not in accord with His immutable will will only frustrate a person. "God gives to all life and breath and all." What you are experiencing is part of that all. He already knows you yearn for a decent job. If a decent job is in harmony with His will for you then you will have it. Otherwise you won't. If He thinks it is more important that you grow from your experiences, why would He thwart the growth process? He cares about you enough to not give you everything you want but He gives you what you need.

Had I never received some of my stolen goods I would still be thankful for the growth process from the experience.

Then he needs to prove it to me by making a job happen for me. Well it needs to be in his will because I need a job. I already had enough experiences to struggle from..I don't need anymore.

K, guess that's you. I'm not a masochist so I don't get any joy out of people using me especially with my current situation.

If growth is really that important to him, then logic would tell him "give this lady a job". What is he giving me then that I need?

Old 02-18-2016, 05:13 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,207,993 times
Quote:
Correct.
So what lesson did that teach humanity? Extortion? Contrived blackmail?

Old 02-18-2016, 05:23 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,625,624 times
Quote:
And you have no proof He doesn't.

Quote:
The Bible never says if one does not believe in Jesus as their Saviour that they will burn in hell for eternity.
How can anyone burn in hell for eternity when, after all, God is going to save all mankind due to Christ's obedience?
Better tell that to preachers and other assorted religious folk.

Old 02-18-2016, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
So what lesson did that teach humanity? Extortion? Contrived blackmail?
The lesson will be fully realized when all mankind are resurrected to immortality and incorruption.

Old 02-18-2016, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
That's the beauty of it.

Quote:
Better tell that to preachers and other assorted religious folk.
I have many times.

Old 02-18-2016, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Then he needs to prove it to me by making a job happen for me. Well it needs to be in his will because I need a job. I already had enough experiences to struggle from..I don't need anymore.

K, guess that's you. I'm not a masochist so I don't get any joy out of people using me especially with my current situation.

If growth is really that important to him, then logic would tell him "give this lady a job". What is he giving me then that I need?
Are you living on the streets? Do you have food on your table? Do you have clothes on your back?

Old 02-18-2016, 05:50 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,207,993 times
Quote:
The lesson will be fully realized when all mankind are resurrected to immortality and incorruption.
Why not skip the appetizers then, and make humanity incorruptible now? Or 6000 years ago?

Seems to be a recurring theme here that the bumbling god tries to teach lessons, fails, but will do something about it in the future. With his track record of ineptitude. ...why would you expect his next attempt to save humanity (from him, really) to be any more successful?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality