Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 01:56 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
But I don't argue for a 6,000 year old earth
But you do argue for 900 year old people, which is equally ridiculous. You also argue that God allows little children to die of starvation, because he is teaching them a lesson, and it is good for them, which is equally ridiculous. Actually, come to think of it, almost everything you argue is ridiculous.

Old 01-21-2016, 01:56 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
No.

You argue for Earth II - The Sequel - God's 2nd Attempt as being only a few thousand years old.

Old 01-21-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Once you've argued for a humans being here for millions of years, you can't accept people lived for 900 years!
No, we can't accept that, because we aren't scientifically illiterate, and incapable of common sense. Which you would have to be to argue that people lived to be 900.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:04 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,429,204 times
Quote:
That's right, I forgot. You are arguing for the Himalayas rising a mile in 5000 years. Sorry for the error.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:06 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,214,559 times
Quote:
Once you've argued for a humans being here for millions of years, you can't accept people lived for 900 years!
Homo-sapiens (modern humans) are estimated at a few hundred thousand years. At least those are the oldest bones we have (approx 195,000).

While we don't have a ton that are THAT old, we have a veritable smorgasbord of human bones within 50,000 years. And none show any sign of being that old.

But it does beg the question for me...what do you get an 868 year old get for his birthday?

Old 01-21-2016, 02:15 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
Homo-sapiens (modern humans) are estimated at a few hundred thousand years. At least those are the oldest bones we have (approx 195,000).

While we don't have a ton that are THAT old, we have a veritable smorgasbord of human bones within 50,000 years. And none show any sign of being that old.
Since Methuselah lived to be 969 years, how would you know if his bones were really 969 year old? Maybe his bones began deteriorating when he turned 930 years and the bones look worn like that of a 39 year old?

The number of bones archaeologists have found do not account for the entire human race. Therefore it is improper to suggest that early man lived x number of years.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
That's right, I forgot. You are arguing for the Himalayas rising a mile in 5000 years. Sorry for the error.
I argue that the earth could be many millions of years old but in Genesis 1:2 the earth became chaos and vacant of all life. Genesis 1:2 onward is God making the earth habitable again around 6 or so thousand years ago. Adam and Eve were created then and so God did not rely on evolution.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:24 PM

1,333 posts, read 883,544 times
Quote:
Since Methuselah lived to be 969 years, how would you know if his bones were really 969 year old? Maybe his bones began deteriorating when he turned 930 years and the bones look worn like that of a 39 year old?

The number of bones archaeologists have found do not account for the entire human race. Therefore it is improper to suggest that early man lived x number of years.
I don't believe we look at how deteriorated bones are to tell how old someone is (someone can correct me here.) Can carbon dating be used to determine how old someone was? From what I understand, teeth are the best things to judge age.

The problem with your second statement is that the bones we have found and dated line up with our predictions and observations of the natural world. The claims you are making do not.
You are making a claim with absolutely no evidence (the Bible is not evidence.) I see this as an argument from ignorance as not only are you making a claim with no evidence, but your claim relies on a lack of evidence to even be considered.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:

Nothing but rationalization with no corroboration. Again, showing you will go to great lengths to rationalize your belief system.

Quote:
I argue that the earth could be many millions of years old but in Genesis 1:2 the earth became chaos and vacant of all life. Genesis 1:2 onward is God making the earth habitable again around 6 or so thousand years ago. Adam and Eve were created then and so God did not rely on evolution.
See above.

You are simply saying, "The EARTH is millions of years old, but humans are only 6,000". You are also saying that someone like Methuselah lived for almost 1/6th of human history. This is just plain ignorance.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Nothing but rationalization with no corroboration. Again, showing you will go to great lengths to rationalize your belief system.
You didn't answer my question. Here, I'll post it again:

Originally Posted by Eusebius

Quote:
You are simply saying, "The EARTH is millions of years old, but humans are only 6,000". You are also saying that someone like Methuselah lived for almost 1/6th of human history. This is just plain ignorance.
Just because you say it is based on ignorance doesn't prove it is. It is just your say-so without any proof on your part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality