Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 09:21 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,221,727 times

Advertisements

Technically all "born-again Christians" were former atheists so this is over before it starts. We don't need anyone else to "prove" the Bible right, again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2016, 11:11 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,325,302 times
I'm glad you are not in pain anymore and felt healing within yourself. What made you decide the source was Jesus and not one of the other alternatives like Allah or benevolent aliens or even some psychological phenomenon?

Old 01-23-2016, 12:57 PM

48 posts, read 32,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
You are aware of the definition of "supernatural" I presume?

So you expect to prove a supernatural event with what precisely? Natural subjective experiences?
i cant prove it to you. i cant make you believe anything. all i can say is the second i cried out to Jesus i literally felt all the dread and hopelessness leave my body and was replaced with peace and feeling clean and it didn't leave. this is consistent with the Bible and Jesus' words of being born again and being given the holy spirit. how you want to interpret this experience of mine i have no control over and i cant prove it.

Old 01-23-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I'm glad you are not in pain anymore and felt healing within yourself. What made you decide the source was Jesus and not one of the other alternatives like Allah or benevolent aliens or even some psychological phenomenon?
i don't know. i have no answer for this. it all happened so quickly and unexpectedly. i knew it was something supernatural happening and when i believed it was Jesus my body collapsed involuntarily i believe(its hard to remember 100%) so i was on my knees before him and asked to be saved..and boom. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! i became a new creature with a new spirit

Old 01-23-2016, 01:28 PM

20,005 posts, read 13,480,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpw0307 View Post
i cant prove it to you. i cant make you believe anything. all i can say is the second i cried out to Jesus i literally felt all the dread and hopelessness leave my body and was replaced with peace and feeling clean and it didn't leave.
What were you in dread of and hopeless about precisely?
Quote:
this is consistent with the Bible and Jesus' words of being born again.
It is consistent with a lot of things. I can think of psychological and existential explanations for example. I can think of even more things that it's "not inconsistent" with. In other words if you want someone to agree with you that it is explained by a particular and very specific belief / ideology and by that alone, then you have to give some rationale for narrowing it down from a much broader spectrum of things a reasonable person might consider as possible explanations.

By the way ... what does "AMA" mean in your thread title?

Old 01-23-2016, 01:32 PM

101 End Times Bible Prophecy Messianic Prophecies Fulfilled by Jesus Christ
Bible Prophecy - 101 Science Facts from the Bible
Noahs ark found exactly where the Bible said it would be and it fits the exact dimensions/materials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7iycpe16V0 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...esis+5:32-10:1
Reasons To Believe : Fulfilled Prophecy: Evidence for the Reliability of the Bible
The Old Testament is Filled with Fulfilled Prophecy - Topical Studies 10 Prophecies Fulfilled in 1948 Robot Check written by a journalist who set out to prove the Bible was wrong and found it through non-biblical research that it's all true.

Old 01-23-2016, 01:38 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,214,754 times
Quote:
i cant prove it to you. i cant make you believe anything. all i can say is the second i cried out to Jesus i literally felt all the dread and hopelessness leave my body and was replaced with peace and feeling clean and it didn't leave. this is consistent with the Bible and Jesus' words of being born again and being given the holy spirit. how you want to interpret this experience of mine i have no control over and i cant prove it.
Well I'm happy if you're happy.

I suspect you are right that you can't prove it to me but I do believe that you had an experience that you can't explain. Supernatural? That would win you some very prestigious awards if you could prove that. But something? I can believe that.

But i will caution you that I have heard this before, many times in fact. And so has the scientific community. And the most typical explanation is because you've triggered or tapped into something in your subconscious....a thought, a memory, an emotion....which has caused your subconscious mind to flood your body with endorphins.

Good for you if you've found something that works for you. But I hope you'll forgive me if I remain skeptical that it is anything more than natural in origin.

Old 01-23-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
What were you in dread of and hopeless about precisely?

It is consistent with a lot of things. I can think of psychological and existential explanations for example. I can think of even more things that it's "not inconsistent" with. In other words if you want someone to agree with you that it is explained by a particular and very specific belief / ideology and by that alone, then you have to give some rationale for narrowing it down from a much broader spectrum of things a reasonable person might consider as possible explanations.

By the way ... what does "AMA" mean in your thread title?
i don't know what to tell you. and it means ask me anything. ive had many demonic experiences since as well as experiences with Jesus Christ. but how can i prove it?

20,005 posts, read 13,480,828 times
Quote:
(wall o'URLs)
I know this is all very exciting and new to you, but there is nothing here that we haven't addressed here or on the A&A forum many times already. I suggest that as a new member you review some of these old threads and see if you can come up with a truly new argument.

You should keep in mind that you are arguing for a particular interpretation / ideology surrounding a particular deity, which is a much larger evidential burden than the already substantial one of the concept of deities in general. You might want to take a smaller bite of the problem as a first step. You are clearly new to this.

15,862 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
i don't know. i have no answer for this. it all happened so quickly and unexpectedly. i knew it was something supernatural happening and when i believed it was Jesus my body collapsed involuntarily i believe(its hard to remember 100%) so i was on my knees before him and asked to be saved..and boom. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! i became a new creature with a new spirit
Whatever it was it sounds pretty awesome. I personally believe it is something that comes from within each of us. Naming it seems like a reasonable thing to do. Do you think your relationship with Jesus is independent of anything else? Do you need a book or place of worship to follow or are you experiencing it in real time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality