Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2016, 01:27 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Besides ID, what other options are there for how the universe/life began?
Explain how id created the Universe and life.

You have failed miserably to explain this. Still waiting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 01:28 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
  • BS Biology, Minor Chemistry
  • BS Clinical Laboratory Sciences
  • MS Molecular Diagnostics

All these id'ers need to do is take college courses in chemistry, organic chemistry, biology, biochemistry and physics. If they are successful in the study of these subjects then they will easily realize that they have been duped by their own delusions as well as the id camps misunderstandings and scientific distortion claims.

There is no magic involved just amazing fascinating science. Science is much more interesting then just simply giving up and saying that id did it.

How unimaginative and useless are those who simply give up on wanting to learn about the world we live in. I can't imagine my mind being paralyzed in this manner.
No one is giving up on science and claiming god just "poofed" the universe into existence. I enjoy & appreciate science, although I'm not an expert. I have a bachelor's degree in Education from a large state university, with a minor in History. I took 4 semesters of science in college. So, you win the spitting contest, but it's not a rout. Does that give me any cred with you, or are you going to continue answering my posts with, "I'm smart; you're dumb!"?

Old 01-27-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:

I've never claimed to know that. I have personal beliefs, but that's irrelevant to my point. I believe ID is the only real choice we have. Other than ID, your only other choice is a "cosmic accident". Or is there another option?

Old 01-27-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
No one is giving up on science and claiming god just "poofed" the universe into existence. I enjoy & appreciate science, although I'm not an expert. I have a bachelor's degree in Education from a large state university, with a minor in History. I took 4 semesters of science in college. So, you win the spitting contest, but it's not a rout. Does that give me any cred with you, or are you going to continue answering my posts with, "I'm smart; you're dumb!"?
I never once said you were dumb. I said you don't understand science at all.

id is pseudoscience. id does not explain science in the least. How can something that is based on pseudoscience explain science? That's just illogical and nonsensical.

*I have asked you several times now to explain to us how id explains science.

*Now I am adding the question how does id account for how the Universe came into existence and how life formed.

Since you have failed to answer I can only conclude that you don't know what you are talking about.

You have no evidence for your claims.

Old 01-27-2016, 01:39 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,739,460 times
Quote:
Do you find it curious that you chose Christianity vs. any of the other religions?

I would bet that if you were born in a country that has a predominance of any other religion that you most likely would have adopted that religion over the predominant religion in the US.

Of course we can quantify evil acts. If someone tortures and kills 37 people then you have 37 acts of evil.

I can't think of one evil act that was committed with good intentions. (my definition of evil is the intent, desire and premeditation to commit harm to another human or animal).

This just flies in the face of logic. According to the description of your god: It's supposedly all good, all knowing and all powerful. Evil does not belong in the same sentence of a thing that is all good and all powerful.
One shouldn't make assumptions as to 'why' ... Especially since I was born in Algiers. Lol

By your definition of 'evil act' animal testing for vaccines, etc... Which is premeditated 'for good', since the intent is to harm the animal, qualifies as evil. So your premise fails the conclusion. Anyway, I am not debating, nor convincing, nor reducing my observation to a negative as it does no one good. Save the post about 'I can't...' Respond or validate to your response as that is a trolling parameter and I stopped doing that back in the 90's.

By the def of relativism, if there is no good or evil that all agree on, the 37 kill/tortures are that individual groups or opinion, which one can condemn or disagree but can't put an absolute upon.

The definition, which is limited as I am man and finite, isn't referencing Good and Evil acts by God, but humanity. Again, if there is no universal moral law about good and evil, it is subject to opinion.

Old 01-27-2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
I've never claimed to know that. I have personal beliefs, but that's irrelevant to my point. I believe ID is the only real choice we have. Other than ID, your only other choice is a "cosmic accident". Or is there another option?
Great now we are getting somewhere.

You have a belief based on no evidence.

I am not the type of person who invokes id or god in the place of an unknown. That is not the game I choose to play. It's not a very logical or intelligent way to go about life.

If everyone thought like this then all scientific innovation and discovery would cease...just like it did in the Arab world's Golden Age.

Religion killed all progress and advancements during the Golden Age and the Arab world has NEVER recovered from this.

id is a killer of scientific inquiry, discovery and innovation. No thanks I am not interested in shutting off my brain.

Old 01-27-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:

It's a circular argument... I agree with the Big Bang but, the same test for God poofing the universe into existence also has 0 scientific (observable, testable) 'proof' prior tothe Big Bang occurring. The best science has to offer at this point, which I find some validity in, yet is still in its infancy, are 'Branes' colliding, creating a multiverse that, unfortunately we can't yet observe (after the Bang, background radiation via wimap has some serious support, as does the expansion theory and the big cool... Although still in the theory stage).

Old 01-27-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
One shouldn't make assumptions as to 'why' ... Especially since I was born in Algiers. Lol
OK you were born there but how long have you lived in the US? What religion did your caregivers try to condition you with?

Quote:
your definition of 'evil act' animal testing for vaccines, etc... Which is premeditated 'for good', since the intent is to harm the animal, qualifies as evil.
Exactly! I don't find it ethical or good in anyway to torture a sentient creature for the advancement of medicine. In fact I find it downright evil. Check this evil out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3KWHECRC_A

I am not in support of any animal testing.

Quote:
So your premise fails the conclusion.
Nope my premise does not fail in anyway shape or form. You simply made a HUGE ASSumption about what I think or support.

Quote:
Anyway, I am not debating, nor convincing, nor reducing my observation to a negative as it does no one good. Save the post about 'I can't...' Respond or validate to your response as that is a trolling parameter and I stopped doing that back in the 90's.
This explains nothing at all. Can't you do better than this?

Quote:
By the def of relativism, if there is no good or evil that all agree on, the 37 kill/tortures are that individual groups or opinion, which one can condemn or disagree but can't put an absolute upon.
This is simply illogical. If you need a book to tell you right from wrong then this tells me that you are a very dangerous individual.

Quote:
The definition, which is limited as I am man and finite, isn't referencing Good and Evil acts by God, but humanity. Again, if there is no universal moral law about good and evil, it is subject to opinion.
Only a lost soul need laws about morality. Most humans innately know right from wrong...it's not rocket science.

Old 01-27-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
I never once said you were dumb. I said you don't understand science at all.

id is pseudoscience. id does not explain science in the least. How can something that is based on pseudoscience explain science? That's just illogical and nonsensical.

*I have asked you several times now to explain to us how id explains science.

*Now I am adding the question how does id account for how the Universe came into existence and how life formed.

Since you have failed to answer I can only conclude that you don't know what you are talking about.

You have no evidence for your claims.
The only "evidence" I need is that the alternative to ID is a "cosmic accident". Or is there another option?

Old 01-27-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
OK you were born there but how long have you lived in the US? What was the religion of your care givers?

Exactly! I don't find it ethical or good in anyway to torture a sentient creature for the advancement of medicine. In fact I find it downright evil. Check this evil out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3KWHECRC_A

I am not in support of any animal testing.

Nope my premise does not fail in anyway shape or form. You simply made a HUGE ASSumption about what I think or support.

This explains nothing at all. Can't you do better than this?

This is simply illogical. If you need a book to tell you right from wrong then this tells me that you are a very dangerous individual.

Only a lost soul need laws about morality. Most humans innately know right from wrong...it's not rocket science.
You said no evil was done with good intentions... The WHO, CDC, etc... That does animal testing think their intentions are good. It was your definition of evil which failed the logic.

My 'caregivers' were irrelevant to your point but I was allowed to find my own way from the age of 10 and I chose atheism.

And I've never referenced a 'book' in regards to God. Again, your assumptions from past 'debates' you've had with some literalists isn't very practical. But, we Hans do get set in our ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality