Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 01:14 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,928,903 times

Advertisements

Just when we thought the message was getting through to people, no, this pastor hires a preacher, who has multiple convictions (yeah, we know, Jesus saves), and THEN goes on to say that the 13 year old girl, who had a razor knife held to her throat, was just as much to blame!

Ask me what I think of these religious folks. No, better you do not, my tenure on this board would be quickly cut short.

https://religousnotright.wordpress.c...-two-to-tango/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 01:37 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,388,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Just when we thought the message was getting through to people, no, this pastor hires a preacher, who has multiple convictions (yeah, we know, Jesus saves), and THEN goes on to say that the 13 year old girl, who had a razor knife held to her throat, was just as much to blame!

Ask me what I think of these religious folks. No, better you do not, my tenure on this board would be quickly cut short.

Religious quackery at its finest.

I have noticed a trend of religious institutions, and Christian people in general (Look at Josh Duggar for instance), taking up for rapists (and bigots, and gay bashing and all sorts of other crap). It is sickening.

Now I know that there will be Christian people that have a problem with my saying so, but as the author has said, "As it is up to the Muslims to clean up their house, it is up to the Christians to clean theirs".

Old 04-18-2016, 03:39 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,024,985 times
This was a old case from the 1990s and he paid for his crime , but the liberal sex offender witch hunt will never forgive people for the crime and thousands of people who have committed a crime like this will never be forgiven by the government liberal sex offenders list which has no mercy for even people who have changed their lives and moved on ...... Jesus would say to only the people who have never sinned , ``caste the first stone `` ,

Old 04-18-2016, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
This was a old case from the 1990s and he paid for his crime , but the liberal sex offender witch hunt will never forgive people for the crime and thousands of people who have committed a crime like this will never be forgiven by the government liberal sex offenders list which has no mercy for even people who have changed their lives and moved on ...... Jesus would say to only the people who have never sinned , ``caste the first stone `` ,
The rape crime he committed may have been 'old news' (so I guess that's OK), but the real issue is that the pastor BLAMED THE VICTIM.

How is it OK to do that? How is it OK to excuse that, both the rapist, and the pastor for those comments. Please don't tell us this is biblical teaching.

Or maybe it is. Maybe the girl didn't scream loud enough, like the Bible commands, right? Is that your perspective? Read the link, listen to the pastors OWN words. This is no liberal media hype, his own words were what the headline says.

Old 04-18-2016, 03:53 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
They put him front and center to preach. He is arrogant, and the Pastor is arrogant. I find the whole "It takes two to tango," when the child had a sharp razor at her neck to be the comments of a man who has little respect for women.
Women are supposed to submit to these men.

Yay for sex offenders in his audience. What does it say to the victims of sexual abuse in the same audience? He should sit his arse in a seat, not at the pulpit. He should try some humility.

Old 04-18-2016, 04:44 PM

88,607 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Already a thread on this in the Christianity forum.

Pastor is apparently a moron. Blamed the victim.

If you actually read it, the former convict is not permitted to be around children--he works with old people--by the protocols the church itself has in place. Still, some people are objecting to his presence. Can't blame them.

But again, the pastor implied that the victim was part of the problem, "it takes two to tango". Nobody's doing the tango willingly with a razor at her neck. Then he went on to compare the rape to stealing candy.

Not thinking much of this entire congregation for hiring such an ignorant loser to run their church.

Old 04-18-2016, 05:45 PM

10,089 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Something doesnt sound right with this accusation. The pastor doesn't blame the victim. He is saying that if the girl chooses to sleep with him then it is sin. He is talking about a consensual sexual activity which didn't happen if there is a rape victim. So either he is talking about another girl or doesn't have the facts straight.

Atheists are so eager to make Christians look bad that they don't bother getting all the facts first.

Old 04-18-2016, 06:36 PM

88,607 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Something doesnt sound right with this accusation. The pastor doesn't blame the victim. He is saying that if the girl chooses to sleep with him then it is sin. He is talking about a consensual sexual activity which didn't happen if there is a rape victim. So either he is talking about another girl or doesn't have the facts straight.

Atheists are so eager to make Christians look bad that they don't bother getting all the facts first.
I am a Christian, not an atheist, and it sounded to me as if the pastor was dismissing the rape with the two-to-tango remark.

We had a guy who started coming to our church a couple of years ago. He lived at the motel down the street where social services stashes people until they can find housing. He was intelligent and well-spoken and had a hard-luck story of losing his job, etc. Guy was in his 50s.

Then my priest got a call from the cops. Guy had taken a truck someone left running outside the 7-11 and was arrested 15 minutes later. He told the police to call the church and have the priest hold his belongings from the motel. But...then the cop mentioned that when he was arrested, the guy was wearing a Tony the Tiger costume. What kind of person dresses like the? My priest had a hunch what kind of person, and he did some googling, and sure enough, the guy had been charged with child AND adult molestation in Florida, and he worked the church circuit.

Now, our priest admonished us to remember that this guy is too a child of God, and he offered to visit the man in jail and get him counseling, but he also told him he was not welcome again at our church. You have to protect people, especially our children. Bottom line.

Oh, and we are a church of ripping liberals, by the way.

Old 04-18-2016, 06:40 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times
Quote:

This is great advice Jeff ☺

Old 04-18-2016, 07:14 PM

Quote:

One doesn't have to make Christians like this pastor look bad, they do it all by themselves. Jeff, how can you blame the 13 year old rape victim, who had a razor knife held to her throat, and that piece of scat pastor first of all says she is complicit, and secondly says it is no worse committing that rape than stealing candy.

How can people like you excuse or attempt to make excuses for that pastor? Did you read the link, the link where the pastor is recorded saying what he said in an interview?

Listen to it if you haven't.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality