Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2016, 04:54 AM

467 posts, read 352,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You say a whole lot of nothing here. Just blaming Christians for everything.
Wrong again. I'm not blaming Christians; I am blaming YOU. And I am not blaming you for everything, just blaming you for the fruits of your fantasy "morality" of forgiveness of crimes of which you are not the victim. Thomas Sowell nailed you in the subtitle of his book The Vision of the Anointed: Self-Congratulation as a Basis for Social Policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 05:05 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,891,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Yup...you do a lot of hating. That's you personified. Mr. Hater!
The best educated millennials in this world are embracing Religion...and Religion is gaining, with them especially.
MORE people are adopting a Religious mindset than are losing it. There are some low population areas that are anomalies to the current trend...but they are of negligible significance.

If, to you, "doing just fine" is losing ground...then you are doing just fine.
Gldn, I much prefer Cupper's open skepticism and willingness to call a spade a spade. I've said it many times before: religion does not necessarily make someone a good person.

We need to stop looking at religion as an infallible institution, because it's not. We need to acknowledge that religion often attracts deeply flawed individuals, and in many cases allows those flaws to flourish and grow unchecked.

In short, the mutifarious garden that is 'religion' is in dire need of weed-killer.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:05 AM

6,796 posts, read 2,905,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
The headline of this story reads: “Pro-rape pastor defends church’s hiring of child-rapist.” This headline is INTENTIONALLY misleading to grab the attention of those to whom it was designed to attract …knuckle-heads!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupper3
Nothing I'm aware of links to a headline such as you suggest.
Here it is:

Pro-rape pastor defends church's hiring of child rapist | 12NEWS.com

Old 04-21-2016, 06:10 AM

6,796 posts, read 2,905,915 times
Incidentally, cupper, since you now seem to have become the unofficial poster-boy for rape victims you might be interested in the Tyler Kost case. Kost (18) was accused of rape and sexual assault against a dozen or so separate girls and was sentenced to prison. Since then (thanks to Facebook and the loose chatter of those who participate in social media) it would appear that Kost was set-up by the alleged victims 'to teach him a lesson'. I have no idea at this time of the outcome of the investigation that these fresh revelations prompted; however, it would appear that all little girls are not necessarily 'made of sugar and spice and all things nice' after all.

https://www.fundedjustice.com/en/pro...eTylerKost2K15

Last edited by RomulusXXV; 04-21-2016 at 06:18 AM..

Old 04-21-2016, 06:47 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Call View Post
Wrong again. I'm not blaming Christians; I am blaming YOU. And I am not blaming you for everything, just blaming you for the fruits of your fantasy "morality" of forgiveness of crimes of which you are not the victim. Thomas Sowell nailed you in the subtitle of his book The Vision of the Anointed: Self-Congratulation as a Basis for Social Policy.
What do I have to do with the topic? This is nothing more than the old lame tactic of turning the conversation against the poster directly. Oh yeah, it's a logical fallacy. It's called Argumentum ad Hominem. The fruits of atheist morality is pretty rotten if we look at history. Stalin, Pol Pot, Jim Jones, Mussolini, shall I continue?

Old 04-21-2016, 07:08 AM

467 posts, read 352,855 times
Quote:
What do I have to do with the topic? This is nothing more than the old lame tactic of turning the conversation against the poster directly. Oh yeah, it's a logical fallacy. It's called Argumentum ad Hominem. The fruits of atheist morality is pretty rotten if we look at history. Stalin, Pol Pot, Jim Jones, Mussolini, shall I continue?
Sure. Continue all you want. Call me names just like you did others. Your disregard of law and irrational assumption that every adjudged-guilty person is either innocent or reformed, and therefore not responsible for their deeds, is a discredit to you and whoever baselessly agrees with you. YOU are the one dragging Christianity into this, or keeping it here, but it was likely Christians who convicted this person in the first place. Sentencing may well be another story. So for you to lie, or just possibly err, and call me anti-Christian because I disagree with YOUR beliefs, is a classic ad hominem argumentum.

You lose. So does society.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:03 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Incidentally, cupper, since you now seem to have become the unofficial poster-boy for rape victims you might be interested in the Tyler Kost case. Kost (18) was accused of rape and sexual assault against a dozen or so separate girls and was sentenced to prison. Since then (thanks to Facebook and the loose chatter of those who participate in social media) it would appear that Kost was set-up by the alleged victims 'to teach him a lesson'. I have no idea at this time of the outcome of the investigation that these fresh revelations prompted; however, it would appear that all little girls are not necessarily 'made of sugar and spice and all things nice' after all.

Ok I get it now, the 13 year old girl was never raped and she is the real criminal and Hopper has been the victim all along. Several females on this thread claim to have been sexually assulted as girls. Am i to believe any of them ?

Are you by anyway a Sicilian by background what with your superior mental abilities?

Old 04-21-2016, 08:05 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Not my link, is it?

Old 04-21-2016, 08:09 AM

Quote:

Although anyone, including myself, would emphasis with someone wrongly accused, or worse, wrongly convicted, it appears no trial has yet occurred, has it? Let's wait for that.

Why are you so enamored with rapists and accused rapists? Is there something in your past you want to tell us about?

Old 04-21-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Errrr..... Jim Jones ran a fundamentalist Christian sect. Mussolini was Catholic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality