Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2016, 11:07 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
when I was 10 or so, there was a 5 year-old boy who was attacked amd viciously sliced and diced by some tool of satan high on meth.

In high school, I got to know the family very well...

After 6 years into a LIFE sentence, the guy "found" Jesus and repented of his evil. He was 19 when he murdered the child.

The piece of crap spent the last 40 years of his life trying to get paroled or pardoned or out of prison.

Even sending letters through his FREE LAWYER to the family asking for their blessing to be set free..

THANK GOD the moron DIED in prison, a SAD LONELY MAN with NO ONE to give a crap about his death--he died quietly in a 4 x 4 prison cell of cancer, too many years after the 5 year-old's life was ripped from him.

So forgiveness? The only forgiveness I would have granted that scum was PULLING THE LEVER on what ever machine would have caused him the most intense suffering and PAIN I could have possibly imposed on that total waste of human flesh.

I firmly believe--YOU F*^$# with a CHILD, ain't no such thing as TOO MUCH PAIN or INHUMANE TREATMENT....
Funny how the self-righteous grandstanding rhetoric comes out here ONLY if it involves Christians. Funny that I didn't see such anger from you in my thread about a "piece of crap" threatening to rape the Christian baker's son with a broken bottle. Just indifference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 11:08 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
It's irony when people that have no basis for morality other than a book written by primitive men that has more flaws than not, try to tell others what is moral and what isn't.
Ooooh! Good one!

I wasn't doing that, was I?
Quote:

There are a whole lot of Christian men who seem to think the women are, at the very least, partly to blame for being raped. I could pull up a few stories if you haven't seen any? Hell, your own Bible says to stone women who gets raped if they didn't scream loud enough.
And there are a whole lot of Atheists that probably think the same thing. So what?

Old 04-20-2016, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Ooooh! Good one!

And there are a whole lot of Atheists that probably think the same thing. So what?
Boy threads like this just show how atheists are so desperately trying to mold us into the most ugliest stereotypes. They have to ignore the countless pastors across the land who live moral lives, care for their church family and do good things for the Lord and community.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:14 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
At least he has a basis.
Why would anything you could come up with be objectively better or worse?
Well, considering his doesn't even list rape, slavery, equal treatment, or cause no harm in the top 10, I think mine would be much better indeed.

Just because he has a basis, doesn't make it a good one. I know you think a religious basis, since they are SOOOOO powerful and all, means something, but when the 10 most important rules have 4 rules involving not ticking off your God, they aren't very good rules. Keep the rest, and add the 4 above, then you have something good. Not perfect, but much better than the Bible's.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Ok, Jeff, let's take the "multiple" rapes out of it. To be honest, I don't care if it were 1 or 100 rapes. This guy raped and sodomized a 13 year old girl at knifepoint. You seem to think as the pastor does, that this is no worse than someone stealing candy. Someone who could do that, in my opinion, can never be trusted. I don't care if it is 1 year, or 100 years after the incident. Forgiven? Not my place to forgive him. why don't you ask the girl he raped and sodomized how she feels about it? Oh, that's right, you don't give a rat's behind about the girl.

Nope, I seem to think it's wrong to forever brand someone based on previous actions. You won't even give them the chance to reform and make amends. Maybe this guy feels like he is making amends by helping people now instead of hurting them. One of my good Christian brothers spent years in prison, was a drug addict and beat his wife. He gave his heart to Christ and came out as a loving husband and father and you could just see the joy of Christ radiate from him on Sunday morning. Forgiveness is a beautiful thing. Hating someone is not.

Quote:

The guy said what he said, Jeff. If people, religiously affiliated or not, didn't say stupid stuff, they wouldn't end up in the "evil liberal media". For the record, I have never said that the pastor is pro-rape. The pastor should have told his congregation that he hired someone who had raped and sodomized a 13 year old girl at knifepoint. The pastor should NOT have tried to downplay rape by saying it takes two to tango. That was a stupid remark, and one that anyone with an IQ over room temp would never have said.
Again, we don't even have the full conversation. The candy comment sounds taken away out of context to me but they ran away with it. You can't honestly say that someone is pro-rape unless they say they support it.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Funny how the self-righteous grandstanding rhetoric comes out here ONLY if it involves Christians. Funny that I didn't see such anger from you in my thread about a "piece of crap" threatening to rape the Christian baker's son with a broken bottle. Just indifference.
That's funny, I was in that thread, and remember almost everyone claiming the people that did that (assuming they did, since there was no police report or anything, just the people's word) are terrible. That threats like that should never happen. Go back and look. You will see just about everyone who posted said the same thing. Not to mention, however, that threats are not the same as actually doing the act.

Is your memory getting selective, Jeffery?

Quote:
Ooooh! Good one!

That is exactly what you do. You are on here everyday saying people should life based off of your interpretation of an oft translated book that has shown to be rife with errors.

Quote:
There may be, but you would be hard pressed to find one. If so, they are just as bad as this pastor, and showing that they are also sexist jerks. I was making the point that there are indeed a lot of Christians who think that. This pastor is obviously one of them.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:30 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:

That is exactly what you do. You are on here everyday saying people should life based off of your interpretation of an oft translated book that has shown to be rife with errors.
Nah...I'm really not. Can you show me the post where I said that?
Quote:

There may be, but you would be hard pressed to find one. If so, they are just as bad as this pastor, and showing that they are also sexist jerks. I was making the point that there are indeed a lot of Christians who think that. This pastor is obviously one of them.
Again...your opinion is the guy was wrong. Great. I'm sure there are other atheists that feel he was doing right.

So which one of you is right?

Old 04-20-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Nope, I seem to think it's wrong to forever brand someone based on previous actions. You won't even give them the chance to reform and make amends. Maybe this guy feels like he is making amends by helping people now instead of hurting them. One of my good Christian brothers spent years in prison, was a drug addict and beat his wife. He gave his heart to Christ and came out as a loving husband and father and you could just see the joy of Christ radiate from him on Sunday morning. Forgiveness is a beautiful thing. Hating someone is not.
Maybe so, but the fact that you wouldn't let this guy around your children or little sisters shows you do brand him based off of previous actions.

In all seriousness, Jeff, I am happy for your friend. I am glad he got away from drugs and turned his life around. If I were his wife, I would never be able to trust him though. Forgive him? Maybe. Trust him? Nope. In the same way that you would not trust a convicted rapist around your children. Until you are willing to stick your kids with him, then you are judging him and branding him the same as everyone else.

Quote:
Again, we don't even have the full conversation. The candy comment sounds taken away out of context to me but they ran away with it. You can't honestly say that someone is pro-rape unless they say they support it.
Notice, I did NOT say the pastor was pro rape. I said he made some mistakes, and said some stupid stuff. Not the same thing.

Old 04-20-2016, 12:19 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
So people CAN NOT change in your world? Do you even have a shred of evidence that this guy is currently a rapist? After all, that's what you are saying he is CURRENTLY. No one is defending the guy's sinful act. It's despicable, but unless you have prove that the guy is still doing the acts, you are cold and unforgiving. I've seen harden criminals get out of prison and become loving faithful Christians. People can change through Christ.
I am more than happy to be "cold and unforgiving" when I look at a child rapist. I am more than happy to be "cold and unforgiving" when it comes to ANY rapist. Forgiveness is earned and some things are so far beyond the pale that no amount of repenting will earn that forgiveness. Rape falls in that category.

Old 04-20-2016, 12:26 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
Quote:

I think that's wonderful. Especially the part about being open about his past and using as part of his testimony, rather than having it be quietly swept under the rug because it is no longer a current issue. That's an important part of making a amends and demonstrating that he has changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality