Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2016, 08:31 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I have a news flash for you....Your fate after death is exactly the same as mine....You can choose to be buried or cremated, but either way that will be the end of Jeff...No seeing loved ones alive or dead because there is no afterlife for any of us.... We are all just a bag of mostly water...I have no idea why anyone would fear death, as it is simply the state of non existence, the same state we were in before we were conceived.

You have ZERO I repeat ZERO proof that there is no life after death. So the tank is empty on your side. I can look to the countless reports of people having encounters with spirits to at least suggest the possibility that there is more to this life.

Quote:

I'm reaching the end of my life and am in the process of winding up my affairs, deciding what I'll leave my kids, grandkids and great grandkids, and what I'll donate to my favorite charities....I have decided on a green burial, the most natural way... Green Burial at Royal Oak Burial Park | Royal Oak Burial Park

Not sure what that proves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 08:36 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So Jeff is copying what someone else wrote and not giving credit to his source?

That's called plagiarism. It's the tool of word and idea thieves.
It probably explains while his links do not say what he reports them to say, he is taking someone else's word for them.

Old 04-25-2016, 08:43 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You have ZERO I repeat ZERO proof that there is no life after death. So the tank is empty on your side. I can look to the countless reports of people having encounters with spirits to at least suggest the possibility that there is more to this life.

Not sure what that proves.
What you have here is purely wishful fantasy that was born when people had no concept of how the universe worked...There is no proof of what you believe either, because everything you think you know is based on ancient hearsay....Tell me Jeff how are the testimonials of people encountering spirits any different that those who claim to have been anally probed by extraterrestrials?

A belief which leaves no place for doubt is not a belief; it is a superstition.
José Bergamín

Old 04-25-2016, 08:45 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
You don't have any room to talk since you cut and paste any sensationalist story that makes Christians look bad.
Not really, Jeff. I cite them, and link to them, with commentary. There is a difference between cutting and pasting and claiming it as your own. It's called plagiarism, and also infringes on most copyrights. I may cut and paste short excerpts, but ALWAYS link and accredit the original source.

Citi-data Terms of Service state:
Copyrighted Material - Instead of copying-and-pasting articles, photos, or other material you find on the Internet, you should be posting links to those articles. Posting a snippet from the article and then the link is the appropriate way to post.
See what I just did there?

I copy and pasted a short excerpts from the Terms of Service we all agreed to, and then linked to it. The rest of what you read is original content, and I made it clear the parts that are not, giving proper accreditation to them.

Just a hint.

Old 04-25-2016, 08:47 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
I always post the links to my sources. Have you sunk to just posting blatant lies about me now?
Do you know what a question mark is? Or did your brain not comprehend I asked a question?

It's not looking good for you Jeffy. I suggest looking into remedial English classes as well as a civic class.

p.s. Your instructors will not be impressed if you use Conservapedia as a source. They'll be able to steer you to something more scholarly and less biased. Nor should you use The Daily Mail, the National Enquirer or something your pastor told you during a sermon about the moral decay of America.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 04-25-2016 at 09:08 PM..

Old 04-25-2016, 08:50 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
It probably explains while his links do not say what he reports them to say, he is taking someone else's word for them.
Good observation.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:43 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
I have a news flash for you....Your fate after death is exactly the same as mine....You can choose to be buried or cremated, but either way that will be the end of Jeff...No seeing loved ones alive or dead because there is no afterlife for any of us.... We are all just a bag of mostly water...I have no idea why anyone would fear death, as it is simply the state of non existence, the same state we were in before we were conceived.

I'm reaching the end of my life and am in the process of winding up my affairs, deciding what I'll leave my kids, grandkids and great grandkids, and what I'll donate to my favorite charities....I have decided on a green burial, the most natural way... Green Burial at Royal Oak Burial Park | Royal Oak Burial Park
That sounds nice.

I nearly nodded off reading it....

Old 04-25-2016, 11:31 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
If I lived in a community that was dominantly Muslim or Buddhist I wouldn't raise a fuss about it.
That wasn't the question. There was no proviso about the dominant religion.

Quote:
Perhaps you could explain why a very religious country like the US has a suicide rate of 12.38% whilst a country that is not very religious...like the UK has a rate of only 6.28%
SUICIDE DEATH RATE BY COUNTRY

Old 04-25-2016, 11:51 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Jeff, what happened when the praying stopped was that the suicide rate dropped dramatically. Do you not see the correlation? Stopping praying in schools correlated with a dramatic drop in suicides. Does that mean that praying causes suicide?

Last edited by 303Guy; 04-26-2016 at 12:51 AM..

Old 04-26-2016, 12:06 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
OP, did you ever think that the reason suicide increased so much precisely during the decade that saw 3 major stock market crises and economic setbacks might have something to do with the economy? Are you aware that tens of thousands of people lost their homes in the sub-prime mortgage debacle?

You don't sound very understanding or compassionate. You sound very judgmental. Your attitude is going to turn people off to religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality