Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2016, 03:32 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
More people have been killed in the name of God than the Devil.
But don't you know, the devil made those people kill in the name of God!

Nah, it is always funny when you ask a religious person how they know the devil isn't the good guy though. I mean, he has caused many less deaths than God, and he wanted to give people knowledge. God, on the other hand, has caused millions upon millions of deaths (and millions more in his name) than the devil, and he wants his people to remain ignorant...... I mean, this devil guy doesn't sound too bad, and if he is anything like the devil on the TV show Lucifer, then I wouldn't mind hanging out with him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 03:38 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Boy your hatred of God has you so blind to truth.
I hate god as much as I hate the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.

Quote:
Satan most likely had a hand in creating every war in human history. He hates mankind so much that He works relentlessly in each person to chaos or fear even to a level of despair where suicide becomes an option. Satan is most certainly not the good guy.
Why has your god killed more, millions more than Satan according to your bible stories? Satan is the good guy if one measures genocides committed.

How many did Satan kill? 10. Job's children. Which was sort of orchestrated by your god anyways.

And religion, to this day, is a primary factor for wars. You actually know that, but you excuse it.

Quote:
If God created us then how can we be more moral than God? A bucket of water drawn from the well is not more pure than the water in the well.
IF.

And as there is no god, we certainly are more moral than that imaginary being. Not many people would order a son to kill that son's son. You know, to scare the bejesus out of him, as god did with Abraham. What a maniac.

Old 04-26-2016, 03:40 PM

179 posts, read 248,728 times
This thread is awesome. And atheists, I love the hell out of y'all!

Old 04-26-2016, 03:43 PM

454 posts, read 311,128 times
Quote:
More people have been killed in the name of God than the Devil.
Agreed. WAYYYYYYYY more.

Old 04-26-2016, 03:44 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post

Nah, it is always funny when you ask a religious person how they know the devil isn't the good guy though. I mean, he has caused many less deaths than God, and he wanted to give people knowledge. God, on the other hand, has caused millions upon millions of deaths (and millions more in his name) than the devil, and he wants his people to remain ignorant...... I mean, this devil guy doesn't sound too bad, and if he is anything like the devil on the TV show Lucifer, then I wouldn't mind hanging out with him!
Actually, technically, God, by introducing (indeed, creating) death, has caused literally every death of every human, animal and plant since the dawn of time.

If God had not created death, even Satan could not cause anyone or anything to die, since the idea is: God created literally everything, Satan creates nothing and is vastly inferior.

Further, in order for Satan to even influence whether someone dies, it has to be at God's allowance even if God is not actually striking the person/plant/animal dead Himself, directly. Again, Satan is considered to be inferior to God. Satan can not cause death unless God allows him to. Neither can people cause death unless God allows them to, nor can animals cause death unless God allows them to...God causes every single death either directly or by looking the other way, period. And again, even if Satan "has a hand in" someone's death, he - Satan - is merely using God's created tool, NOT a tool Satan created.

If this particular belief system is to be espoused then one must understand that indeed, God has caused the death of every single thing that has ever lived and will cause the death of every single thing that ever will live.

Old 04-26-2016, 03:51 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post

There are seven fundamental tenets.
•One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.
•The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
•One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
•The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.
•Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
•People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.

Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word

Guess where these are from.

Spoiler
http://thesatanictemple.com/about-us/tenets/

Old 04-26-2016, 03:56 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,880 times
Quote:
•One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.
•The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
•The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.
•Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
•People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.

Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word

Spoiler
Much better than all those commandments about how to worship and who to worship and whatnot.... Only what? 5 or 6 of the 10 are about something other than God?

Old 04-26-2016, 08:30 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,717,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So you are anti-God, anti-Bible and claim to be a Christian. Sorry, but you need to pick a side and stop straddling the fence.
I am anti-fundamentalist which means I love God and hate what you and your kind have done to crucify Christ afresh on the cross, while turning the Bible from a faith book to a text book of rules.

If people are being destroyed by your religion as the example in the article I quoted indicates----why won't YOU stop killing them? Because God tells you to keep doing it? Then you have proven the point of all these people claiming God has killed more people than have died for any other reason.

There are good and reasonable arguments that such may not really be (although killing in the name of God ranks high on the list), but your practice of opinion without research just points out--once again--your complete inability to read and study before spouting off.

Does loving your god require people to be ignorant?

Old 04-26-2016, 09:18 PM

10,089 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I am anti-fundamentalist which means I love God and hate what you and your kind have done to crucify Christ afresh on the cross, while turning the Bible from a faith book to a text book of rules.

If people are being destroyed by your religion as the example in the article I quoted indicates----why won't YOU stop killing them? Because God tells you to keep doing it? Then you have proven the point of all these people claiming God has killed more people than have died for any other reason.

There are good and reasonable arguments that such may not really be (although killing in the name of God ranks high on the list), but your practice of opinion without research just points out--once again--your complete inability to read and study before spouting off.

Does loving your god require people to be ignorant?
If you love God, why are you supporting the God is Evil crowd?

Old 04-26-2016, 09:22 PM

10,089 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:

Spoiler
Satanists claim that they don't actually worship or believe in Satan. They are more akin to worshipping nature and atheist so your point is irrelevant. Only someone who is completely spiritually dead would claim that Satan is more moral than God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality